Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

When is the next release due?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> When is the next release due? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When is the next release due? - 10/10/2015 6:02:56 PM   
JPFisher55

I'm not sure whether it is 1.09 or 1.10, but I was wondering when the next complete update will be released.
If it is soon, I will wait to play more scenarios because of the air refueling issues that the next release will resolve.
Thanks in advance for your answer. Also, thank you to the developers for their diligent updating of this great game.

< Message edited by JPFisher55 -- 10/10/2015 7:04:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/10/2015 6:42:56 PM   
thewood1

Really...air refueling is just ruining it for you?

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 2
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/10/2015 7:01:07 PM   
JPFisher55

No, but the most recent betas make it difficult. I am sure that the next release will fix it and improve it over previous versions. If it is due out soon, then it is worth waiting for it.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/10/2015 8:51:11 PM   
thewood1

I just want to point out that refueling planning in real life is complicated, dangerous, and training intensive. There is a reason Harpoon didn't do it for a long time and when it did, it was VERY simplistic and didn't work well...even manually doing it. Check out this link:

http://www.air-refueling.com/

I have been reading it off and on for a few weeks to get a better understanding just how complicated it is. At some point players need to take a step back and look at what they are trying to do. I have seen a small set of people consistently complaining about how it works. While some of the feedback seems constructive, I continue to see people not do any research on what works and what doesn't. I see a few players come and ask for it one way, then a couple people come in and ask for it another way. While its the devs ultimate responsibility to filter through these issues, players need to have some restraint and patience.

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 4
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/10/2015 9:04:16 PM   
HercMighty

Considering there was no real attack on the game or anyone personally, sure are a bit defensive aren't we? You working for the dev's now?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/10/2015 9:09:39 PM   
thewood1

No...just tired of the nitpicking

(in reply to HercMighty)
Post #: 6
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/10/2015 9:13:08 PM   
thewood1

I am also pointing out that people quickly become drama queens over pet issues. I don't really have issue pointing out issues with a game. But people start rolling out the "I am not playing this game until X is fixed" on small issues, I get a little fed up. Its called the martyr syndrome and the internet is full of martyrs.

Face it, automated refueling makes up less than 1% of what this game offers. To focus only on scenarios where that one small point is the focus of the game means you are probably play the game wrong or playing the wrong game.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/11/2015 1:12:06 AM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I am also pointing out that people quickly become drama queens over pet issues.

You say that like it was a bad thing.

Just kidding. I know what you mean. In this case, however, I think the OP is just trying to decide if it is worth the effort to download a 200-megabyte beta version or if he should wait and download the official release. If, like me, he has a relatively slow DSL connection, I can see why he would do that.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/16/2015 3:25:58 PM   
Wasicun

Multiplayer is coming.... i know that!

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 9
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/16/2015 4:38:08 PM   
thewood1

...just not soon.

(in reply to Wasicun)
Post #: 10
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/16/2015 7:00:43 PM   
PaulWRoberts

Is there expected to be much difference between the latest released beta and the next full patch?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 11
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/16/2015 11:24:54 PM   
NakedWeasel

You know I can say that I have had rather good results with refueling, though it does tend to dramatically increase the number of active units a scenario will require. You just have to add enough tankers to get the job done. For big scens like many of those I create, tankers can make up half of the units in the game, just to get iron on target. But its just numbers, not really an ineffective AI that is the problem.(IMHO)

Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 12
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 2:38:38 AM   
magi

Refueling has improved dramatically in the last year... The only issue I have sometimes is it won't go to the unit I'd like it to....

(in reply to NakedWeasel)
Post #: 13
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 5:01:00 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paul Roberts

Is there expected to be much difference between the latest released beta and the next full patch?

I believe some errors found from RC11 will be included in the 1.09 patch when released.

Michael

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 14
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 11:02:44 AM   
zaytsev

quote:

I just want to point out that refueling planning in real life is complicated, dangerous, and training intensive. There is a reason Harpoon didn't do it for a long time and when it did, it was VERY simplistic and didn't work well...even manually doing it. Check out this link:

I have been reading it off and on for a few weeks to get a better understanding just how complicated it is. At some point players need to take a step back and look at what they are trying to do. I have seen a small set of people consistently complaining about how it works. While some of the feedback seems constructive, I continue to see people not do any research on what works and what doesn't. I see a few players come and ask for it one way, then a couple people come in and ask for it another way. While its the devs ultimate responsibility to filter through these issues, players need to have some restraint and patience.

dude...
I do it like 15yrs in flight sims, jf15, jfa18, falcon/bms... and learned it in a just few months
as a matter of fact it is so hard that i want you to checkout this link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjxFk6PyzA

but .. of course like someone cant park a car like, in parallel , there've been fail-s too

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 15
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 11:07:40 AM   
VilleYrjola

quote:

ORIGINAL: zaytsev

quote:

dude...
I do it like 15yrs in flight sims, jf15, jfa18, falcon/bms... and learned it in a just few months
as a matter of fact it is so hard that i want you to checkout this link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjxFk6PyzA

but .. of course like someone cant park a car like, in parallel , there've been fail-s too

I hope you realize that there is a ****load of things going on before and after that one brief moment when that one refueling aircraft comes and goes.

(in reply to zaytsev)
Post #: 16
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 11:17:32 AM   
thewood1

Well, he's an expert in aviation because he can fly in a flight simulator. I heard the air force was now accepting trolls as pilots and skipping all flight training if they have mastered Falcon BMW.

(in reply to VilleYrjola)
Post #: 17
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 11:19:46 AM   
thewood1

Btw, starting out your post with "dude" doesn't buy a lot of immediate credibility. Especially from someone older than 30.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 18
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 11:31:56 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55
No, but the most recent betas make it difficult. I am sure that the next release will fix it and improve it over previous versions. If it is due out soon, then it is worth waiting for it.

Pray tell. Did we change something specifically that made A2AR more difficult to perform?

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 19
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 11:57:12 AM   
zaytsev

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosmarus
I hope you realize that there is a ****load of things going on before and after that one brief moment when that one refueling aircraft comes and goes.

I know dude, and indeed I'm not telling it is easy, but come on, trained dudes do it in a routine as a job, so
why make a fuss out of it? ha?
Also it was supposed to be funny , well at least for some who are not jumpy old farts

quote:

Say thewood1, how hard are you on your "stick" ? , Got "any" experience lately ?
Sex Chick, dude.

(in reply to VilleYrjola)
Post #: 20
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 12:12:11 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosmarus

I know dude, and indeed I'm not telling it is easy, but come on, trained dudes do it in a routine as a job, so
why make a fuss out of it? ha?
Also it was supposed to be funny , well at least for some who are not jumpy old farts

quote:

Say thewood1, how hard are you on your "stick" ? , Got "any" experience lately ?
Sex Chick, dude.

Do you realize how difficult you're making it to communicate with you on what your issues with refueling are?

Do me a favor and clean up your goofy posts so we can spend time on the game.

Please add your issues to a thread in tech support with a save or two showing the issue

Thanks

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 10/17/2015 1:13:45 PM >

(in reply to zaytsev)
Post #: 21
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 1:01:02 PM   
zaytsev

Sorry for derailing the thread.
Point taken mikmyk. I'll stop right here.
You know, in all my life, dudes who mix up real life procedure operations with virtual simulation
of something so complex as tactical/strategic battlefield simulator where so much aspects and variables
just dont count or are random dice taken as simplified constants are nothing like then
pain in the ass sorryasses philosophers and are not warriors.
Let him ask Arma BI devs how much for a 7.62x51 bullet drop in %air_moisture and %sidewind and %terrain_height_difference....
Ok its a game, lets play then.

...or just feel it ;)

Thanks
Zaytsev

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 22
RE: When is the next release due? - 10/17/2015 3:20:22 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

Sorry for derailing the thread.
Point taken mikmyk. I'll stop right here.
You know, in all my life, dudes who mix up real life procedure operations with virtual simulation
of something so complex as tactical/strategic battlefield simulator where so much aspects and variables
just dont count or are random dice taken as simplified constants are nothing like then
pain in the ass sorryasses philosophers and are not warriors.
Let him ask Arma BI devs how much for a 7.62x51 bullet drop in %air_moisture and %sidewind and %terrain_height_difference....
Ok its a game, lets play then.

...or just feel it ;)

Thanks
Zaytsev

Thank you

(in reply to zaytsev)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> When is the next release due? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI