Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Look who stumbled in my backyard.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Look who stumbled in my backyard. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Look who stumbled in my backyard. - 10/16/2015 10:17:31 AM   
Key1001

(Can't post images......)

My stupid ♥♥♥ explorer activated Shaktur beacon and these folks named Erutkah Refugees spawned right inside one of my PRECIOUS SYSTEM WITHIN MY EMPIRE. How annoying. Now we have a shared border and these stupid bugs are gifting me 1000 monies. I open the diplomacy and their trait says they are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY.

If I followed all the history correctly from all the events I've collected, SHAKTURIS ARE ♥♥♥♥ING EVIL. So what the hell is this? They do follow The Way of Darkness and all... but I can't really tell if they are ♥♥♥♥ing with my head. So I opened up my event history menu and read one of the Shaktur Axis's message which tells me that they've "infiltrated" the alliance or whatever the ♥♥♥♥.

IS THAT WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO? ARE THEY SERIOUSLY GOING TO TRICK ME WITH DIPLOMACY HAHAHA DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH GUY, I'VE GOT 6 PLANET DESTROYERS NAMED PEST CONTROL AND OVER 360,000 MILITARY STRENGTH SURROUNDING YOUR ♥♥♥!

Please confirm this so I can continue playing the game SAFELY.

P.S. JUST SAY THE WORD PALS... I got my trigger finger on one of my Pest Control planet destroyers. It's safe for me to end these guys when they are small.
Post #: 1
RE: Look who stumbled in my backyard. - 10/16/2015 11:30:17 AM   
Aeson

It is true that the Erutkah Refugees are the Shakturi, if that's what you're asking. They're being friendly with you right now because they want time to set up their empire before going to war with the galaxy. The stuff about infiltration is just background story stuff; there is very little mechanical support for such, and the Ancient Galaxy campaign map had to use scripted events to implement it.

It's not possible to split an alliance in the manner described in the 'Galactic History' logs, nor is it possible to use intelligence agents to stir up trouble between allies. The closest that they can come under the mechanics available in a standard game is to incite a revolution, which has a low possibility of toppling a government (i.e. forced government change); there is a chance during government changes for colonies to split off into new empires, defect to existing empires, or go neutral. I've never seen this mission performed against me, certainly not successfully, and I can't say I've ever seen evidence that any of the computer factions have employed this mission against each other, either, so I'd say that it's incredibly unlikely that you'll have any issues with the Shakturi splitting your alliances or your empire through 'infiltration.' The only other possible issue you might have that might be described as 'infiltration' is if for whatever reason one or more of your colonies ends up with a significant Shakturi population due to immigration; any such colonies will likely be rather unhappy when you end up at war with the Shakturi, and may attempt to defect from your empire. (You don't technically need to be at war for the colony to defect, the colony just has to be very upset that you're their ruler. As being at war imposes a happiness penalty due to 'war weariness' and being at war with an empire dominated by one of the species that inhabits the colony imposes a further happiness penalty, though, it's much more likely for defections to occur during wartime.) This is not unique to the Shakturi; all species in the game will behave in this manner, and the chance of defection occurring is very strongly dependent on colony happiness.

< Message edited by Aeson -- 10/16/2015 12:31:41 PM >

(in reply to Key1001)
Post #: 2
RE: Look who stumbled in my backyard. - 10/16/2015 4:22:39 PM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Key1001

My stupid ♥♥♥ explorer activated Shaktur beacon and these folks named Erutkah Refugees spawned right inside one of my PRECIOUS SYSTEM WITHIN MY EMPIRE. How annoying. Now we have a shared border and these stupid bugs are gifting me 1000 monies. I open the diplomacy and their trait says they are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY.

If I followed all the history correctly from all the events I've collected, SHAKTURIS ARE ♥♥♥♥ING EVIL. So what the hell is this? They do follow The Way of Darkness and all... but I can't really tell if they are ♥♥♥♥ing with my head. So I opened up my event history menu and read one of the Shaktur Axis's message which tells me that they've "infiltrated" the alliance or whatever the ♥♥♥♥.

IS THAT WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO? ARE THEY SERIOUSLY GOING TO TRICK ME WITH DIPLOMACY HAHAHA DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH GUY, I'VE GOT 6 PLANET DESTROYERS NAMED PEST CONTROL AND OVER 360,000 MILITARY STRENGTH SURROUNDING YOUR ♥♥♥!

P.S. JUST SAY THE WORD PALS... I got my trigger finger on one of my Pest Control planet destroyers. It's safe for me to end these guys when they are small.

Putting on my Modding hat for a moment, please tone down the language.

Back on topic, I responded to the same question on Steam. It's a pity you've spoiled yourself as it's much more fun finding out in game. Again if you want an epic battle with the Shakturi it's best to have a competitive game with the AI on higher difficulty rather than one when you are massively ahead of everybody per the screenshot you posted on Steam.

(in reply to Key1001)
Post #: 3
RE: Look who stumbled in my backyard. - 10/16/2015 10:30:27 PM   
Key1001

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Key1001

Putting on my Modding hat for a moment, please tone down the language.

Back on topic, I responded to the same question on Steam. It's a pity you've spoiled yourself as it's much more fun finding out in game. Again if you want an epic battle with the Shakturi it's best to have a competitive game with the AI on higher difficulty rather than one when you are massively ahead of everybody per the screenshot you posted on Steam.

I saw your response and thanks. I will try out the mods after my regular game is concluded. I've decided to colonize their planet before they spread out.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Look who stumbled in my backyard. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI