Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Baltic Vigilance, 2020 (SwAF) Release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Operation Baltic Vigilance, 2020 (SwAF) Release Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Baltic Vigilance, 2020 (SwAF) Release - 11/10/2015 3:09:39 PM   
Skjold

Operation Baltic Vigilance, 2020 (SwAF)

NOTE! You need 1.10 Release Candidate for this to work!

Another mission of mine, this is a "exercise" between Sweden and Estonia in 2020 with fictional Estonian units. This is mainly a mission to get familiar with stand off strike capability, as well as general land strikes. Could serve as a introductary mission for new people or as a relativly easy mission for the seasoned CMANO players.

Description
Sweden and Estonia is holding a joint Airforce and Navy exercise to increase the combat readyness of both nations. Sweden will simulate a squadron sized attack with a force consisting of the newest airplanes and weaponry. Estonia military mostly consists of hand downs from NATO allies and Sweden. as they have little funding to procure the most modern and effective equipment. This makes their military somewhat dated, but Estonia still has excellent radar coverage and quite a formidable SAM net.

Mission
You are tasked to destroy several key military and civil infrastructure targets deep inside Estonia, these will be protected by enemy aircraft and SAM sites. Destroying radar installations, SAM sites and airplanes is your secondary objectives.

Features
  • Focus on stand-off strikes weapons such as GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb and RBS-15 Mk. 3.
  • Also has air-superiority, anti-ship, SEAD (non ARM) and general land strike elements.
  • Real names and composition of Swedish forces, as always.

I would like feedback on the difficulty, general mission setup and suggestions are welcome as always. As english is my second language, spell checking is also welcome.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Skjold -- 2/1/2016 8:27:15 AM >
  • Post #: 1
    RE: Operation Baltic Vigilence, 2020 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/10/2015 3:22:23 PM   
    Terminus

Vigilance is spelled with an 'a'.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Skjold)
    Post #: 2
    RE: Operation Baltic Vigilence, 2020 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/10/2015 3:26:56 PM   
    Skjold

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Vigilance is spelled with an 'a'.

Thanks, fixed.

(in reply to Terminus)
    Post #: 3
    RE: Operation Baltic Vigilence, 2020 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/10/2015 9:57:26 PM   
    AlexGGGG

Looks too easy. I scored something to the tune of 1300 points without getting out of 5x acceleration, losing 3x Gripens in process. Consider changing WRA for Patriot missiles to engage aircraft at half of max range.

< Message edited by AlexGGGG -- 11/10/2015 11:08:27 PM >

(in reply to Skjold)
    Post #: 4
    RE: Operation Baltic Vigilence, 2020 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/11/2015 12:00:47 AM   
    Skjold

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlexGGGG

Looks too easy. I scored something to the tune of 1300 points without getting out of 5x acceleration, losing 3x Gripens in process. Consider changing WRA for Patriot missiles to engage aircraft at half of max range.

I was suspecting it was too easy, but wanted a second opinion on it. Thanks. The problem with that is that SDB's outrange the max range of the Patriot, won't make much difference in lethality i'd say. Do you know if the RBS-23 fired a single shot? i think they might potentially be bugged/not working as i thought. They should primarily be an anti-missile defense system.

Edit: Yup, RBS 23 confirmed bugged. Will wait to finish this mission until next update then probably as i want to include them.

< Message edited by Skjold -- 11/12/2015 11:35:35 PM >

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
    Post #: 5
    RE: Operation Baltic Vigilence, 2020 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/11/2015 6:36:20 PM   
    AlexGGGG

Yes, they were firing at their max rate, but my impression was Patriots with their longer range were more effective.

Most likely the Patriot, which has longer range, has two shots per inbound; see, if there is a single bomb incoming, the RBS-23 has one attempt at it, and if SAM misses, adios. Patriot will shoot at max range, and if SAM misses, it will shoot once again at closer range. However, this is offset by Patriot also engaging aircraft at max range. At max range, Patriot has no chance against Gripen, so it just wastes reloads and illumination channels.

(in reply to Skjold)
    Post #: 6
    RE: Operation Baltic Vigilence, 2020 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 1/25/2016 2:16:53 AM   
    Skjold

I released the new beta now as the excellent 1.10 RC is out and that fixes some of the bugs that were keeping this mission from being released.

NOTE! You need the 1.10 RC for this mission to work.

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
    Post #: 7
    RE: Operation Baltic Vigilence, 2020 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 1/31/2016 4:40:28 AM   
    DrZaius

Played this scenario a few times on 1.10 and I've had fun with it. Was able to mission kill the F16 A2A base using 4 SDB-armed Gripens in one playthrough, used the ship-based cruise missiles to degrade the air defense very effectively in another before sneaking the A2G Gripens through the backdoor. Fun little scenario, challenging and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!

< Message edited by DrZaius -- 1/31/2016 5:42:03 AM >

(in reply to Skjold)
    Post #: 8
    RE: Operation Baltic Vigilence, 2020 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 2/1/2016 7:26:18 AM   
    Skjold

quote:

ORIGINAL: DrZaius

Played this scenario a few times on 1.10 and I've had fun with it. Was able to mission kill the F16 A2A base using 4 SDB-armed Gripens in one playthrough, used the ship-based cruise missiles to degrade the air defense very effectively in another before sneaking the A2G Gripens through the backdoor. Fun little scenario, challenging and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your feedback. I have decided to release it now.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612742419 if you want to use steam workshop.

< Message edited by Skjold -- 2/1/2016 8:28:10 AM >

(in reply to DrZaius)
    Post #: 9
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Operation Baltic Vigilance, 2020 (SwAF) Release Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI