Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[ANSWERED] Weapon Ambiguity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [ANSWERED] Weapon Ambiguity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[ANSWERED] Weapon Ambiguity - 11/18/2015 12:24:42 AM   
kritter

When I try and fire some weapons it will tell me the weapons down range ambiguity is larger than the 1x the weapon ambiguity. How do I know what each weapon ambiguity is and how does each weapon get calculated?

< Message edited by emsoy -- 1/12/2016 5:52:59 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Weapon Ambiguity - 11/22/2015 7:51:53 PM   
kritter

Anyone know what the answer is?

(in reply to kritter)
Post #: 2
RE: Weapon Ambiguity - 11/23/2015 2:37:04 PM   
Dimitris

Manual, page 32-33:
quote:

Engaging Ambiguous Targets: Sets the AI behavior when considering using a weapon. Each weapon has certain tolerances calculated on-the-fly for down/cross-range; most direct-guidance systems want a precise target, most LOAL weapons have relatively strict cross-range tolerance (equal to the sensor swath) but relaxed downrange tolerance because of their BOL ability, area-effect weapons can tolerate up to their kill zone etc. If the target’s ambiguity figures are greater than the weapon tolerances, this is explained in the manual weapon allocation window and the weapon will not be fired. This dialog has four options:

IGNORE AMBIGUITY: An ambiguous contact is any contact with an uncertainly area. The AI will ignore the ambiguity when determining whether or not to launch a weapon.

OPTIMISTIC: The target uncertainty area must be smaller than 3x the weapon tolerance for the AI to launch the weapon.

PESSIMISTIC: The target location uncertainty must be less than the weapon tolerance for the AI to launch the weapon.

INHERIT: Posture setting is the same as the parent mission or side RoE.

TIP: This setting is of great help if you want to make the AI (both friendly and enemy) conservative & cautious with its fire discipline (fire only under a solid fire control solution), or conversely model a trigger-happy or poorly-trained unit, group or entire side that throws weapons right and left without much caution.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 11/23/2015 3:37:34 PM >

(in reply to kritter)
Post #: 3
RE: Weapon Ambiguity - 11/23/2015 5:30:08 PM   
kritter

Thank you very much.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [ANSWERED] Weapon Ambiguity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI