Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B775.5] Remus 600 ROV moving sideways

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B775.5] Remus 600 ROV moving sideways Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B775.5] Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 11/27/2015 7:09:10 PM   
AlexGGGG

In the save file, the Remus ROV is moving sideways instead of along its path, has no "dotted" automatic plot (i.e. not driving around obstacles), and cannot return to its mothership.

if you play a bit with its throttle and course settings, you will see it moves perpendicular to its assigned course.

Also if you set the mothership, LCS 6 Jackson, on course towards the ROV, funny thing happens - ROV goes backwards as if to maintain fixed distance to mothership.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 1/7/2016 1:08:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 11/28/2015 2:36:48 AM   
michaelm75au

One thing I did notice is that the ROV is returning to base, but there is no base; it should be LCS 6. {Never mind, it seems to remember its base regardless}

And it does seem to have a 'fix' tether. I dragged it out of the coastal area by moving Jackson further off-shore.

It seems to be the Remus ROV. I added other types of ROV to the PCS and they are operated okay.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 11/28/2015 4:32:30 AM >

Michael

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 2
RE: Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 11/28/2015 3:23:06 AM   
michaelm75au

I think the 'fixed' distance it keeps is due to the ROV radius (3000m) in the case of Remus. I added a Pluto to the LCS, and it went out 500m and displayed the same behavior of moving sideways and aligning directly south of the LCS. When the LCS moved so did the ROV; but in this case it did return to the ship when told to.

The fixed tether has a problem if the ROV runs out of fuel and is dead in the water. The ship can't go to it as it keeps being 'pushed' away.
Not sure what the real behavior is here

Btw, the ROVs without a ROV radius (like Knifefish) seem to be able to run around and return to the ship.

I don't think this is just data - the tether most likly represents a 'datalink' (such as a comms cable between the 2 ships). The issue seems to be that once it reaches the end of the 'cable', it is stuck there at a fixed distance from the ship - might be an equality (<=) test mismatch??

< Message edited by michaelm -- 11/28/2015 4:37:15 AM >

Michael

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 11/28/2015 6:03:44 PM   
AlexGGGG

Yes, I now figured the same thing. Once the ROV reaches tether/datalink limit, it will stay at this limit, and will not move back. So, instead of "not exceed maximum range", it does "once maximum range is reached, maintain exactly maximum range".

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 4
RE: Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 11/29/2015 9:13:32 PM   
mikmykWS

Something is definitely off with manual control but if you add Jackson to a demining or ASW mission the Remus will carry on normal search behavior.

Pretty sure we've got this on the list already but will update. For now use a mission.

Thanks

MIke

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 5
RE: Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 12/25/2015 8:06:26 AM   
Dimitris

Checking this now with B775.2 and it seems to work as intended; the Remus is heading towards the intended waypoint and obeys to steering commands as desired.

michaelm < Can you please double-check this for confirmation once B775.2 becomes available? Thanks.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
RE: Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 12/26/2015 7:24:31 PM   
ipe

In real life REMUS 600 is not a ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle) it is AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle). It is not tethered to the ship or limited to certain distance of mothership. It is deployd from ship or shore and then it autonomously swims through its programmed bath and returns for information analyzing. REMUS can be equipped with acoustic datalink for mission updates or radiolink for sensor data transmission (when surfaced).

Manufacturer is Kongsberg. All necessary information can be found from their website and brochures.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 7
RE: Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 12/28/2015 1:14:21 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: ipe

In real life REMUS 600 is not a ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle) it is AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle). It is not tethered to the ship or limited to certain distance of mothership. It is deployd from ship or shore and then it autonomously swims through its programmed bath and returns for information analyzing. REMUS can be equipped with acoustic datalink for mission updates or radiolink for sensor data transmission (when surfaced).

Manufacturer is Kongsberg. All necessary information can be found from their website and brochures.

Ok we'll take a look. Thanks

Mike

(in reply to ipe)
Post #: 8
RE: Remus 600 ROV moving sideways - 1/7/2016 12:07:47 PM   
Dimitris

Got it. Fixed in Build 775.5.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B775.5] Remus 600 ROV moving sideways Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI