Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Feature request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Scenario Design with the Community Project >> Feature request Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feature request - 12/14/2015 1:02:54 PM   
elmo3

As I understand it, historical reinforcement units can not have their HQ designated when they are created in the library. This means they will get assigned to the closest HQ when they arrive and will almost certainly need to be reassigned by the player. A field to specify the historical HQ when creating reinforcement units would be very helpful. Thanks.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Post #: 1
RE: Feature request - 12/14/2015 3:52:51 PM   
Vic

@all,

I am more than willing to extend functionality of libraries and allow for extra possibilities, but would prefer to get the current setup well tested and proven first before extending on top of it.
At least a few weeks up to a month or two please. In the meantime please do add stuff to this "feature request thread".

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 2
RE: Feature request - 12/15/2015 10:00:05 AM   
elmo3

I see in the details tab on many arty pieces that they have a range of up to 19km which would be at least 3 hexes on a 5km/hex map. Would like to see a way to increase arty ranges for scenarios with 5km/hex. Maybe add a new field in the Troop Type library, or if the value is hard coded, then maybe the ScaleType = 1 could also have an increase in arty range, say +50%? Thanks.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Feature request - 12/15/2015 7:40:26 PM   
nikdav

Possibility to add the Commander photo on all units!

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 4
RE: Feature request - 12/15/2015 7:46:57 PM   
nikdav

finetuning the HQ command range.

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 5
RE: Feature request - 12/17/2015 6:10:18 PM   
elmo3

Can we please get a confirmation popup when clicking on Remove Officer in the Officer Library! Just deleted an officer with my fat fingers and have no idea who it was so I'm going to have to spend a lot of time going over everything.

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 6
RE: Feature request - 12/18/2015 2:53:16 PM   
elmo3

Can we have a way to see HQ range in the editor? I can count hexes but it would be nice to see it visually when setting up units and HQ's.

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 7
RE: Feature request - 12/18/2015 7:47:53 PM   
nikdav

I think it is already good to have two range, Long (8 hex) and Short (4 hex).

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 8
RE: Feature request - 12/21/2015 8:29:16 PM   
elmo3

When you click on the Add Troop Type button in the Troop Type library editor there is no way to cancel out of the window that pops up. You have to create a new troop type even if you changed your mind. A Cancel button would be nice.

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 9
RE: Feature request - 12/22/2015 6:35:09 PM   
elmo3

Please activate the button in the simple editor library screen to remove a troop type library. I have a redundant library and can't get rid of it. Only workaround I can think of is to delete every entry in the library.

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 10
RE: Feature request - 12/23/2015 8:53:58 AM   
Vic

Hi Elmo,

Can you send me your files to vic@xs4all.nl?

I'll take a look

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 11
RE: Feature request - 1/13/2016 11:27:45 AM   
elmo3

When replacements arrive from the replacement table (not a card) the daily report calls them "reinforcements". Could that be changed so the report says "replacements"?

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 12
RE: Feature request - 1/14/2016 5:13:57 PM   
ernieschwitz

I would like to request two types of movement, that are not there at the moment.

One for sleighs (horse drawn) and one for skis

It is my understanding that certain troops in the finnish winter war used these.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 13
RE: Feature request - 1/17/2016 2:09:28 PM   
Vic

Hi Ernie,

In the latest version the 'Ski Infantry' was added as a model for the TroopTypes you can create in the TroopType editor. The difference is quite minor but basically ski movement equals cavalry movement in snow landscapeTypes.

The sleights were not since it felt a bit to micro for me and I did not see it fit with the logic of the other TroopType models used. Artillery for example has Foot movement as at minimum some sort of horse traction is supposed.

best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 14
RE: Feature request - 1/19/2016 4:06:19 PM   
ernieschwitz

I'd like to request a new trooptype, armoured car. It is very probable something others would use. Basically light tank with wheel movement i guess.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 15
RE: Feature request - 1/22/2016 6:14:46 AM   
Vic

@ernie,

Adding it to the to-do list for the next version. Right you are.

Best wishes,
Vic

Post #: 16
RE: Feature request - 1/22/2016 9:22:20 AM   
ernieschwitz

Thanks!

And thank you for the Ski-Infantry. Was testing it, and they have an enormous range, maybe it could be toned down alittle.... 1/5 less or maybe 1/4 less. Also found that they are excellent at movement even when there is no snow. Has no bearing on the scenario, as it will always be snow, but for others it might be relevant. :)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 17
RE: Feature request - 1/22/2016 9:23:43 AM   
ernieschwitz

Maybe it would be wise to have a way to extract libraries from a scenario built with them. Was thinking that it would be a good way to ensure others can modify existing scenarios built with the simple editor.

Post #: 18
RE: Feature request - 1/22/2016 10:02:56 AM   
Vic

Will take a look at the Ski guys next patch (monday).

Extracting the libraries again would be a bit of a pain to code, but there is a work-around when using the 'keys of potential doom' advanced editor where you delete all the libraries except the one you want to extract and then save (and change file extension afterwards for good measure). So there is an emergency escape already there.

best wishes,
Vic

Post #: 19
RE: Feature request - 1/22/2016 10:49:28 AM   
ernieschwitz

Good to know Vic :) I hope I never have to use the emergency escape route. :)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 20
RE: Feature request - 2/3/2016 7:07:31 PM   
ernieschwitz

Three things that have annoyed me:

1). You cannot remove a location from a hex in the map editor, unless you wish to replace it with another location. I'd like for there being a way to do this. (EDIT: After looking some more in the map editor i found it... I guess everyone can go blind!)

2). You cannot set fighters intercept % on the map.

3). You are not able to see the landscape/location types of a hex that already has units in it when placing units. Which has caused me to place aircraft on non airfield hexes.

< Message edited by ernieschwitz -- 2/4/2016 8:10:17 AM >

Post #: 21
RE: Feature request - 2/4/2016 7:23:07 AM   
Vic

2+3 seem reasonable requests!

Post #: 22
RE: Feature request - 2/4/2016 5:28:26 PM   
ernieschwitz

I found myself in the position that I wanted to change a HQ type, to another HQ type. I figured out how to do it in the advanced editor, but I'd love for there to be a way to change the model of especially HQs to another model, since they often have alot of units attached to them and thus need to have those changed too if you go the route of deleting the old one, and making a new one.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 23
RE: Feature request - 2/26/2016 8:03:21 AM   
ernieschwitz

I would love if there was a way to add a third and neutral regime, that was sleeping, and only covered the black hexes...

The way it is now the neutral hexes get autoconquered...

Post #: 24
RE: Feature request - 3/4/2016 6:11:49 PM   
lion_of_judah

I would like to request new images for use in modern conflicts please.

Post #: 25
RE: Feature request - 4/10/2016 9:06:01 PM   
Alikchi2

Here's some feature requests! They're in descending order of difficulty-to-implement (I think).

- Button to turn on visible hex-sides in the intermediate Map editor
- Warsaw to Paris-style 3+ player PBEM scenarios
- Linked campaigns like Case Blue (is this already possible?)
- Ability to play with DC:B's unique systems & libraries, logistics, character interactions, etc (I would love to make a Soviets Pre-empt Barbarossa scenario, for example)

As always, thanks!

< Message edited by Alikchi -- 4/10/2016 9:08:56 PM >

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 26
RE: Feature request - 4/18/2016 11:50:41 PM   
Alikchi2

Here's a more simple feature request:

- Intermediate map editor: hotkey to toggle transparent overlay aid on/off while in map drawing mode

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 27
RE: Feature request - 4/19/2016 5:51:31 PM   
ernieschwitz

I believe that you can toggle on/off with the 1, 2 or 3 keys... i forget exactly how it functions.

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 28
RE: Feature request - 4/24/2016 5:59:51 AM   
Alikchi2

Would love the ability to add scripted map terrain changes (like the flooding of the Dutch "Waterline" in DC: Warsaw to Paris).

Post #: 29
RE: Feature request - 4/24/2016 6:47:46 PM   
Vic

Thanks for the feedback.

My current priority scripting wise is two fold.

One create an easy way to 'patch' for newbees.

Two, and rather bigger, to add a more versatile system for scripting using 'flags' where for example a 'decision library' (like in barbarossa) or a custom (regime) action card library could tap into.

Its a shame I am basically on half-time the coming weeks due to moving to a new house and having a lot of non coding work (like painting) filling my days. But this is definitely on the agenda for me.

Best wishes,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 4/24/2016 6:49:33 PM >

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Scenario Design with the Community Project >> Feature request Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI