Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs - 12/19/2015 6:30:19 PM   
ExNusquam

Recently, there was a discussion about how Command doesn't model "shoot-and-scoot" SAM tactics. My response of "use lua" was apparently ignored, so I went and built a test scenario.

This took me a little over an hour to build, and most of that was finding syntax mistakes in my lua scripts. In this, a SA-11 platoon will launch, take 10 minutes to breakdown then repositions to one of 4 other launch sites (5 total). The SAM is set up to only shoot at targets within 15 nm and to turn it's radar off while moving. If I felt like adding an EW side/setup you could easily have the SAM only active for a few seconds in the terminal illumination phase of the engagement.

This is not perfect, and there is bound to be some glitch (because of how many triggers/zones I have setup), but should provide a good baseline for others who are looking to create "harder" SAMs.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 12/20/2015 7:50:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs - 12/19/2015 6:35:38 PM   
Maromak

Thanks for your contribution!

Certa Cito

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 2
RE: Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs - 12/20/2015 6:51:26 PM   
mikmykWS

Moved and pinned so we don't lose this.

Mike

(in reply to Maromak)
Post #: 3
RE: Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs - 12/20/2015 8:47:20 PM   
ExNusquam

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Moved and pinned so we don't lose this.

Mike

Glad you liked it Mike!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
RE: Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs - 12/21/2015 4:36:35 PM   
DrRansom

Thanks for doing this, I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, end of semester exams and all that.

I have a question, does the Platoon move automatically after shooting one round? What would be needed to add a moving time table?

E.g. Platoon moves if:
1. An hour has elapsed after last move
2. Platoon fires N missiles

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 5
RE: Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs - 12/21/2015 10:43:25 PM   
ExNusquam

quote:

ORIGINAL: DrRansom

Thanks for doing this, I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, end of semester exams and all that.

I have a question, does the Platoon move automatically after shooting one round? What would be needed to add a moving time table?

E.g. Platoon moves if:
1. An hour has elapsed after last move
2. Platoon fires N missiles

It actually wouldn't be that much more work to do what you described.

1. You'd just have to add a "unit remains within area" trigger for each of the launch sites.
2. Right now, the SAM moves 10 minutes after it shoots 1 missile (this simulates breakdown time, and also give the SAM time to complete it's engagement). If you wanted to do N missiles, you would need to use either KeyValue or the score of the "logic" side to keep track of the number of missiles fired. When it exceeds your threshold, you can trigger the SAM to move.

(in reply to DrRansom)
Post #: 6
RE: Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs - 11/27/2018 10:14:07 AM   
Rory Noonan

Building on ExNusquam's excellent work above I've written some scripts that allow this mechanism to be placed independently of reference points (with the exception of one 'unit enters area' trigger which could extend over the entire scenario area if you wish)

The scripts are embedded in the scenario file and also copied to external .lua files for easy reference.

Feel free to use this however you like. It's written to be easy to read and straightforward but please don't hesitate to ask for clarification if any is required

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by apache85 -- 11/27/2018 10:23:06 AM >

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Shoot-and-Scoot SAMs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI