Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Napoleon's Glory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Wars of Napoleon >> After Action Report >> RE: Napoleon's Glory Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Napoleon's Glory - 4/13/2016 10:56:25 AM   
Dortmund

June 1805
During the first two weeks the Grande Armee goes into Württemberg and Bavaria. Napoleon’s army always moves through non-border areas, so it will not be detected by the coalition thanks to the "fog of war".

In the third week we learned that Austria became part of the third coalition. It was a matter of time that both countries waved at war, and if Austria had not entered the war would have been France which declared. Fortunately Napoleon's army is already in position to launch an attack on the border Austrian cities, so the inexhaustible emperor sends the orders to his subordinates to invade Austria from Bavaria, while Massena does the same from Italy. So let's take a look at Napoleon and Massena’s plans...

Grande Armee

Situation in mid-June.

We do not know where the Austrian army is, except the corps in the Alpine border with Bavaria, that seem quite strong (about 12 divisions), located behind rivers and on a forest that favors them. Therefore the intention is to move towards Bohemia, an area of relatively flat terrain, to surround those bodies of Austrian army from the north and avoid exhaustion in a clash that could be quite expensive.

Ney’s 6th corps, located in Ulm (Württemberg), is launched against the small Alpine cities of Ueberlingen and Memmingen. It does so in relentless assault position, so that in theory, in only five days, he will assault the two cities in the same turn without stopping. Time is gold.
Ney get it, but so too outstanding ... both level 1 cities disappear from the map. I think this is one of the things that was corrected with the patches that have been coming out, so I do not think nowadays these cities could disappear like that. This is a problem because it may prevent the supply flow to eastern Bavaria, but you have to resign yourself... if I had known rather than raiding the cities I would have besieged them to surrender.
The last week of June, Ney pursues a couple of small austrian units that had survived in the area, though some more escape.

Lannes and his 5th corps start their journey from Regensburg (Bavaria) to Bohemia. They target the cities of Pilsen and Eger, where they can put one foot in Bohemia to go to Prague. However, this move will stop at the border mountains, and from there he’ll see if there are defending forces in Eger and Pilsen and decide what to do next. We must not stop but without being unwary.

As I don’t know if Austria knows the Napoleon's army position, I decide to keep enough units in Regensburg if the Austrian army decided to move toward it. I only move the Soult corps, to surround the Austrians if they enter into Bavaria without a previous reconaissance.

The month ends with Lannes taking Pilsen, city that surrenders without firing a single shot.

Armée d'Italie

Mid-June situation.

The army of Italy will not be so cautious. Massena orders all their bodies forward dodging Padova, which will be besieged by François de Chasseloup-Laubat commanding a force composed of an infantry division supported by siege engineers. The central corps, reinforced with more divisions from the other ones, will be the only corps that enters Treviso, while the rest will remain at a region distance to support it while defending the rear.

But the Austrians are not in Treviso. So Partoneaux assaults the city and takes it the last week of June, gaining 4 points of national morale. Meanwhile, the remaining corps are advancing unopposed toward Trieste. Venice is left behind because taking it would be costly without a port blockade.

It’s strange how little opposition has offered the Austrian army in these first two weeks of war, but it also worries me because it means that Gonzalo could have gathered his army into powerful forces that can appear when I least expect...

(in reply to fsansir)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Wars of Napoleon >> After Action Report >> RE: Napoleon's Glory Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI