Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steel Panthers World At War Manual for v5.0 Now Available for Download

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steel Panthers World At War Manual for v5.0 Now Available for Download Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steel Panthers World At War Manual for v5.0 Now Availab... - 4/25/2001 10:23:00 AM   
David Heath

Well Guys The CD is off to get printed and then to our warehouse. So I wanted to give everyone a chance to read the manual a little early. So I posted the v5.0 Manual online now. Brent Richards, Kevin Greer and Paul Vebber really worked there butts off to improve this version. I will also be updating the features page on SPWAW web site listing what got to make it into the new version. If you like to read the manual early go to ftp://ftp2.matrixgames.com/pub/steelpanthersworldatwar/Spwaw-Manual-v5.zip

Post #: 1
- 4/25/2001 10:43:00 AM   
rfox

Thanks, David! You guys are the best! :)

Rob

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 4/25/2001 10:46:00 AM   
sg

Just downloaded Ver 5 manual and tried to open using WinZip7 and got an error saying it was an invalid archive. I deleted the file and re-downloaded it (ahh, the wonders of the cable modem) and got the same error. File size is 11,029 kb after download. Problem on your end or mine? :confused: Thanks, Steve.

"****, we're in a tight spot!"
Ulysses Everett McGill.

Post #: 3
- 4/25/2001 10:47:00 AM   
sg

Just downloaded Ver 5 manual and tried to open using WinZip7 and got an error saying it was an invalid archive. I deleted the file and re-downloaded it (ahh, the wonders of the cable modem) and got the same error. File size is 11,029 kb after download. Problem on your end or mine? :confused: Thanks, Steve.

Ulysses Everett McGill.

Post #: 4
- 4/25/2001 11:01:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

You guys are too fast - looks like the file took a hit in upload - we are trying it again... Sorry about that!

Post #: 5
- 4/25/2001 11:10:00 AM   
sg

No problem. Let us know when the corrected file is available and us guinea pigs will be glad to test it out for ya. Nothin else to do these days except waiting by the mailbox for the MC to arrive. Figured reading through the manual would hold me over till it came. ;) Thanks, Steve.

Ulysses Everett McGill.

Post #: 6
- 4/25/2001 11:15:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

OK Guys optested sat! Try it again and it should work!

Post #: 7
- 4/25/2001 11:21:00 AM   
sg

Thanks Paul, worked like a champ! Now if you'll excuse me I've got some readin to do! :cool: Steve.

Ulysses Everett McGill.

Post #: 8
- 4/25/2001 1:22:00 PM   
Tortfeasor

David Heath the addres do not work from here (Finland) is there something missing from the thread ???????
quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Well Guys If you like to read the manual early go to ftp://ftp2.matrixgames.com/pub/steelpanthersworldatwar/Spwaw-Manual-v5.zip

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

Post #: 9
- 4/25/2001 1:36:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by Tortfeasor: David Heath the addres do not work from here (Finland) is there something missing from the thread ??????? [QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath: [qb]Well Guys If you like to read the manual early go to ftp://ftp2.matrixgames.com/pub/steelpanthersworldatwar/Spwaw-Manual-v5.zip
[/QB][/QUOTE] I just downloaded the manual from that same URL mentioned above. And no problems, even though I'm from Finland too... :) Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

Post #: 10
- 4/25/2001 1:40:00 PM   
AJVa

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tortfeasor: [QB]David Heath the addres do not work from here (Finland) is there something missing from the thread ??????? Works for me.

Post #: 11
- 4/25/2001 2:59:00 PM   
Mikimoto

Hello. I just downloaded the manual. Same url. It has worked fine. I have cable connection. Thanks and saludos. :D

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 12
- 4/25/2001 3:16:00 PM   
Loki

Ok, I am old school when it comes to gaming, but will you guys ever sell a printed copy of the manual. They look better and are much easier to use in the heat of battle than a printed out version.

Post #: 13
- 4/25/2001 3:21:00 PM   
Tortfeasor

I did trye to load it from my workplase, then the problem must be at this companys net, ABB:s were I am working. Thank`s for the quick response.

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

Post #: 14
- 4/25/2001 3:26:00 PM   
Cirrus

Downloaded it and reading. Thanks Matrix

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

Post #: 15
- 4/25/2001 5:02:00 PM   
nimu

WHAT'S GOIN ON???????????????IT KEEPS ME SAYING the server is busy!!!!!I CAN'T WAIT NO LONGER!!!!LET ME IN IN THE SERVER!!!GO OUT OF IT!!!!!I NEED THE MANUAL!!!!! This game is becomming a drug!!!! Anyway thanks a lot for the manual(hoping i could read it in the next hours!!)

"out of ammo........God save the King"

Post #: 16
- 4/25/2001 5:11:00 PM   
nimu

What???Now it tells me:"the file was not found on the server" and it gives me 4 opportunities(i'm using get right program):1-remove from list,2-change URL;3-browse ftp server;4-open source web pages.What shall i do?

Post #: 17
- 4/25/2001 6:09:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Urquhart: What???Now it tells me:"the file was not found on the server" and it gives me 4 opportunities(i'm using get right program):1-remove from list,2-change URL;3-browse ftp server;4-open source web pages.What shall i do?
Downloading it as I write this..so works fine. So just try again or perhaps your internet provider has some firewall or had some problems that prevented downloading. Voriax ps. if you have GetRight, you also have a browser parasite program..see: http://www.infoforce.qc.ca/spyware/

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 18
- 4/25/2001 6:50:00 PM   
nimu

thanks Voriax!Now it works fine.I'm goona read it right now. BYE

Post #: 19
- 4/25/2001 6:55:00 PM   
Resisti

Anybody has a clue on how big is this download ?

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

Post #: 20
- 4/25/2001 7:37:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Its 11MB and requires adobe acrobat to view www.acrobat.com The manual issue is a tough one. We are planning to offer printed manuals with our full games, but may make it optional. What do you think? It raises the game cost to give everyone a printed manaul, or keep the price a bit lower and let folks buy a printed manual as a seperate thing? But that makes the manuals more expensive...whaddaya think? [ April 25, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

Post #: 21
- 4/25/2001 7:50:00 PM   
Don Doom

got it. :D :D :cool: love that DSL.

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

Post #: 22
- 4/25/2001 8:01:00 PM   
AmmoSgt

Downloaded fine looks good if we are voting i say put a printed manual in everybox and charge what the market will bear this is a 239 page manual a 'Book" actually and probably it will become a part of Wargaming History, and where can i get mine autographed ( ya'll need to have autographed versions and charge double )

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

Post #: 23
- 4/25/2001 8:07:00 PM   
lnp4668

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Its 11MB and requires adobe acrobat to view www.acrobat.com The manual issue is a tough one. We are planning to offer printed manuals with our full games, but may make it optional. What do you think? It raises the game cost to give everyone a printed manaul, or keep the price a bit lower and let folks buy a printed manual as a seperate thing? But that makes the manuals more expensive...whaddaya think? [ April 25, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]
I think it is a good idea to offer the manual separately, how about adding some tips and pointers, make it like a strategy guide from the developer.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

Post #: 24
- 4/25/2001 8:27:00 PM   
Panzer Capta

Would most definitely like having the option to purchase a printed manual.

Post #: 25
- 4/25/2001 8:37:00 PM   
Drex

hey Guys I need some help since I don't know my way around a computer. My browser can't find the site that the Manual is on. i typed it in just as David had it. what am I doing wrong?

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 26
- 4/25/2001 8:39:00 PM   
kptom

I, too, would like to add my vote for a printed manual. With a game of this scope, I think it is imperitive to have the manual close-by. Sure, we could all print out the pfd file, but I'd rather have a nice, bound manual as opposed to a three-ringed binder! Tom

Post #: 27
- 4/25/2001 8:44:00 PM   
Supervisor

I would like to see printed manuals offered as an option. I liked the autograph idea too.

Post #: 28
- 4/25/2001 9:40:00 PM   
Charles2222

I'll offer a compromise, why not a book showing ALL the units and their stats, but leaving all instructional material in the game? The instructions are much easier to find online, where you can do searches, and I would rather have what I'm thinking has become almost an extreme extra in this day and age, that being printed copy of unit stats. Thanks.

Post #: 29
- 4/25/2001 9:45:00 PM   
Rick Borovec

I would vote yes for a printed copy. Would pay, no problem. Like the Autographed idea!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steel Panthers World At War Manual for v5.0 Now Available for Download Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI