Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Anniversary Coupons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Anniversary Coupons Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/25/2016 10:25:03 AM   
e_barkmann

This thread is hilarious.

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 31
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/25/2016 3:20:05 PM   
IainMcNeil

JagdTiger please re think your comments. You're attitude is rude and aggressive and not the best way to get someone to help you. Believe it or not, even if we are in the office we have other things to do such as actually making the games so instant answers to questions just wont happen. However in this case we are not planning to announce any other information about the inner working of the system. Its supposed to be a nice surprise. If you don't want the coupon just unsubscribe in the link at the bottom of the mail.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 32
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/25/2016 11:49:13 PM   
waltero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

(mine is 28%)

Hey, mine is only 25%
Want to trade???

< Message edited by waltero -- 1/28/2016 9:52:26 AM >

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?

(in reply to Jagdtiger14)
Post #: 33
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/27/2016 6:17:56 PM   
Jagdtiger14

Iain McNeil: Tell you what...I'll "rethink your (my) comments" when Matrix, and the people responsible for thinking up this "nice surprise" prove they have any business sense. Why would a lesser than normal holiday coupon be a "nice" surprise?! I see it as the opposite and took your advise...unsubscribed...if that will do anything. Give Waltero my 28%. Those who buy anything with a coupon at less than 30% are wasting their money.

I figured you wouldn't reveal how customers attain the percentage you give them. Besides making games, right up there about equal with that should be sales and customer service. Let me recommend to you that one of you (at the least) should be responsible for this and have this as their main job...or hire an experienced sales/business person partly/mostly at commission. You could make the greatest games ever developed, and maybe word of mouth will sell some of them, but if you don't have a professional sales program you will miss out on a lot of profit.

As for me being rude and aggressive: Be happy that I was and decided to take time out of my life to respond at all. As a true business person knows: The worst thing is to have a dissatisfied customer just walk away silently never to come back again. You can choose to not take my advise (as I suspect) but at least you have some negative feed back to work with if you are smart enough to consider it.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to waltero)
Post #: 34
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/27/2016 9:52:58 PM   
waltero

quote:

Iain McNeil: Why would a lesser than normal holiday coupon be a "nice" surprise?! Give Waltero my 28%. Those who buy anything with a coupon at less than 30% are wasting their money.

I thought it was nice.

I'll take it. Sweet!

Looks as if you passed Jagdtiger14 up...the job?

< Message edited by waltero -- 1/28/2016 9:50:21 AM >

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,

Post #: 35
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/28/2016 12:23:43 AM   
Erik Rutins

It seems to me that just because once or twice a year there may be a time period where you can get an equal or greater discount on something does not make these anniversary coupons worthless at all. There are many instances where a new game comes out and does not become part of our sales for a year or two after release, or it's simply months until the next sale starts and you'd like to buy a game sooner. I can go once per year and get some free ice cream at a local shop too, but it doesn't make me feel disappointed if someone offers me some ice cream at another time of the year.

Either way, you have something, that you did not have before which could in the future provide you with some savings when you make a purchase. It's a simple thank you and I'm not sure how it can really be controversial.

What would have made you happy in this instance?

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 1/28/2016 1:24:52 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to waltero)
Post #: 36
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/28/2016 5:14:29 AM   
Zap

quote:

Iain McNeil: Tell you what...I'll "rethink your (my) comments" when Matrix, and the people responsible for thinking up this "nice surprise" prove they have any business sense. Why would a lesser than normal holiday coupon be a "nice" surprise?! I see it as the opposite and took your advise...unsubscribed...if that will do anything. Give Waltero my 28%. Those who buy anything with a coupon at less than 30% are wasting their money.

I figured you wouldn't reveal how customers attain the percentage you give them. Besides making games, right up there about equal with that should be sales and customer service. Let me recommend to you that one of you (at the least) should be responsible for this and have this as their main job...or hire an experienced sales/business person partly/mostly at commission. You could make the greatest games ever developed, and maybe word of mouth will sell some of them, but if you don't have a professional sales program you will miss out on a lot of profit.

As for me being rude and aggressive: Be happy that I was and decided to take time out of my life to respond at all. As a true business person knows: The worst thing is to have a dissatisfied customer just walk away silently never to come back again. You can choose to not take my advise (as I suspect) but at least you have some negative feed back to work with if you are smart enough to consider it.

Hell, I thought the whole thing was a good idea? That they thought about the customer. 25% or 28%, 30% its another offer outside the sales they already have.Jagdtiger14, you think it should be 50% or something similar and I' see as a nice surprise. To me its an extra offer as they envisioned it.

< Message edited by Zap -- 1/28/2016 6:26:06 AM >

Post #: 37
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/28/2016 6:05:18 AM   
zakblood

< Message edited by zakblood -- 1/28/2016 2:29:14 PM >

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 38
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/28/2016 4:40:48 PM   
waltero

Thank you Jagdtiger14

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 39
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/28/2016 10:16:13 PM   
Terl

I for one was very pleased to get an email out of the blue offering me an anniversary coupon. I liked it very much and promptly purchased the Warhammer Armageddon title. I have been a long time customer of Matrix/Slitherine and always will. The little thank you was a great surprise and made me quite happy. Thanks Matrix/Slitherine. Thanks Iain and Erik and the rest of the staff.

< Message edited by Terl -- 1/28/2016 11:18:08 PM >

(in reply to waltero)
Post #: 40
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/29/2016 3:04:32 AM   
radic202

I never received any coupon whatsoever even though on my account page it says:

Registration Date
04-08-2005

and it says this:

Anniversary Coupons
Your current anniversary status: Emails Allowed [Block these emails]
List of anniversary coupons on this account

No anniversary coupons were granted to this user.

Not sure how long you have to be registered in order to receive your anniversary coupon?

Is almost 11 years too short?

Thanks for your quick answers gang!

< Message edited by radic202 -- 1/29/2016 4:08:21 AM >

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 41
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/29/2016 4:55:41 AM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: radic202

Registration Date
04-08-2005

and it says this:

Anniversary Coupons

Not sure how long you have to be registered in order to receive your anniversary coupon?

It started in November you will get a notice April of 2016

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 42
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/30/2016 12:57:07 AM   
radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: radic202

Registration Date
04-08-2005

and it says this:

Anniversary Coupons

It started in November you will get a notice April of 2016

Alright! Thanks so much for the info.

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 43
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 1/30/2016 3:08:44 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It seems to me that just because once or twice a year there may be a time period where you can get an equal or greater discount on something does not make these anniversary coupons worthless at all. There are many instances where a new game comes out and does not become part of our sales for a year or two after release, or it's simply months until the next sale starts and you'd like to buy a game sooner. I can go once per year and get some free ice cream at a local shop too, but it doesn't make me feel disappointed if someone offers me some ice cream at another time of the year.

Either way, you have something, that you did not have before which could in the future provide you with some savings when you make a purchase. It's a simple thank you and I'm not sure how it can really be controversial.

What would have made you happy in this instance?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik, I am happy that we are getting ANYTHING. Both we members and Matrix benefit. Members get a nice discount and Matrix gains even more appreciation. So I say THANKS.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 44
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/1/2016 12:33:59 AM   
OldSarge

I think it is a great idea! Since it appears that also applies to new games, which are usually exempt from holiday sales, even better! So, if anyone is too proud to use their coupon, please forward it to me! I will gladly redeem it!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 45
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/3/2016 3:21:11 AM   
Jagdtiger14

quote:

What would have made you happy in this instance? Regards, - Erik

This coupon scheme can work with new(er?) games that do not normally get coupons. However, its silly to get a coupon for less than the normal 30% for older games.

What would make me happy?: Having a separate higher coupon value (begin your coupon calculation scheme at 31%) for older games.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 46
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/3/2016 6:18:52 PM   
waltero

quote:

quote:

What would have made you happy in this instance? Regards, - Erik

What would make me happy?: Having a separate higher coupon value (begin your coupon calculation scheme at 31%) for older games.

They just came out with one, check your account...Oh wait, you unsubscribed! No 30% coupon for you. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

P.S. Jagdtiger14, could you kindly send your 28% (code) to my inbox...unless you already used it.

Thanks.

Walter

< Message edited by waltero -- 2/3/2016 7:22:40 PM >

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,

Post #: 47
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/3/2016 7:05:10 PM   
Jagdtiger14

Sent code to you in PM.

Too bad you are joking about Matrix coming out with a better system

(in reply to waltero)
Post #: 48
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/3/2016 7:12:03 PM   
waltero

quote:

Sent code to you in PM.

Thanks for the code

Your kindness has been rewarded. On behalf of Matrix/Slitherine, I will grant you one game free of charge.
What game do you have on your wish list? Name it and it is yours.

< Message edited by waltero -- 2/3/2016 11:07:57 PM >

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,

Post #: 49
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/4/2016 4:22:15 AM   
Jagdtiger14

quote:

Your kindness has been rewarded. On behalf of Matrix/Slitherine, I will grant you one game free of charge. What game do you have on your wish list? Name it and it is yours.

Ok Santa Claus, I'll bite: The MWiF map set, which would then give me 25% off the MWiF game.

(in reply to waltero)
Post #: 50
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/15/2016 8:46:59 AM   
Budge4

I had an email for a 5 year Anniversery coupon, clicked on link in email and nothing happened? No coupon in my acc.

All I get is the following message now when click on link -

•The token provided is no longer valid for this user.

< Message edited by Budge4 -- 2/15/2016 9:51:19 AM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 51
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/15/2016 9:02:42 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Budge4

I had an email for a 5 year Anniversery coupon, clicked on link in email and nothing happened? No coupon in my acc.

All I get is the following message now when click on link -

•The token provided is no longer valid for this user.

You need to open a Help Desk ticket or contact us at support[at]matrixgames.com.

(in reply to Budge4)
Post #: 52
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/15/2016 9:25:05 AM   
Budge4

Thanks VPaulus, ive submitted ticket

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 53
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/15/2016 8:53:23 PM   
Budge4

All sorted out very quickly thank you VPaulus, also thanks to Joe Miller of the Slitherine Group.

41% discount of next purchase, very nice thank you Matrix/Slitherine

< Message edited by Budge4 -- 2/15/2016 9:54:44 PM >

(in reply to Budge4)
Post #: 54
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/15/2016 8:53:52 PM   
cdcool

Below is my registration date
03-16-2007
I checked,no coupon.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 55
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/18/2016 6:40:24 AM   
irene

Matrix
Thanks for the coupon. Bought CSME with it last week.

Appreciate it.

Len

(in reply to cdcool)
Post #: 56
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/18/2016 11:09:37 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: cdcool

Below is my registration date
03-16-2007
I checked,no coupon.

Right. You should receive one on 16th of March.

(in reply to cdcool)
Post #: 57
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/18/2016 12:58:01 PM   
Toby42

You guys are confused? I just received an anniversary coupon celebrating my four years on the forum(s)? I have to unify my login? And I've been on Slitherine's forums since 2008, and Matrix's since 2003? Neither one is four years! Also I've tried at times to use the unified login and could never get it to work? I also heard that you lose your post count when and if you use the unified system?

< Message edited by Treale -- 2/18/2016 3:42:43 PM >

Tony

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 58
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/18/2016 3:13:49 PM   
JosephM

Hello Tony,

It looks like you have numerous accounts (provided that the accounts I am looking at are your accounts). The main account "Realleycat", which has your Matrix username associated will have its anniversary in July, so you'll get the 11 year coupon then. Then we think there is a Wargamer account separately, which is likely the email/coupon you have received and are asking about, as the anniversary date is the 17th of February. Please can you contact us at support@matrixgames.com with any of your old email addresses and we'll look into this with you.

For others who are finding similar issues, these usually do occur when customers do have numerous accounts under different email addresses, so please contact support where we'll try to help.

Budge4, I'm glad we could help. Again if anyone is suffering similar issues, please contact support. We try to help where we can on the forum, but regarding account issues, as we have to access sensitive information, these are best dealt with through the helpdesk.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 59
RE: Anniversary Coupons - 2/18/2016 3:24:58 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseph M

Hello Tony,

It looks like you have numerous accounts (provided that the accounts I am looking at are your accounts). The main account "Realleycat", which has your Matrix username associated will have its anniversary in July, so you'll get the 11 year coupon then. Then we think there is a Wargamer account separately, which is likely the email/coupon you have received and are asking about, as the anniversary date is the 17th of February. Please can you contact us at support@matrixgames.com with any of your old email addresses and we'll look into this with you.

For others who are finding similar issues, these usually do occur when customers do have numerous accounts under different email addresses, so please contact support where we'll try to help.

Budge4, I'm glad we could help. Again if anyone is suffering similar issues, please contact support. We try to help where we can on the forum, but regarding account issues, as we have to access sensitive information, these are best dealt with through the helpdesk.

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to unify my accounts in order to use the coupon?

Tony

(in reply to JosephM)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Anniversary Coupons Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI