Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Russophile plays Napoleon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Wars of Napoleon >> After Action Report >> RE: Russophile plays Napoleon Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/12/2016 4:13:12 PM   
Ostwindflak

The Russian player never sent anything to even try and help Austria?

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 91
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/12/2016 4:47:39 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ostwindflak

Cavalry units that did little. I have yet to see a Russian army anywhere.

No money/war supplies from England.

Haven't seen the Prussian army since they lost Hamburg.

Who needs enemies with allies like that?

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/25/2016 1:35:16 PM >

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 92
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/13/2016 12:29:10 AM   
Ostwindflak

It sounds like you are fighting a bunch of lonely islands. These guys need to learn how to communicate or something. Makes it very easy for you, but not sure if that is what you are looking for or you actually wanted an intriguing game.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 93
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/13/2016 4:37:53 AM   
Aurelian

I think that none of them understand the era. Not sure if they understand the game either.

Being at war with 4 out of 6 nations is daunting, *if* they act together.

But, they don't.

Prussia declares war, but does nothing to help Austria. They lose Hamburg, but still do nothing.

Russia? Throw a cavalry screen along the Danube, but like Prussia, stand there and watch Austria fall apart.

England? Except for that one battle, they have done nothing. Not even supplies and money to Austria.

They are actually allowing me to fight the way I want. One enemy at a time.

Post #: 94
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/17/2016 10:35:22 PM   
Aurelian

Austria has agreed to peace, and we are leaving Austrian territory as fast as we can.

In other news, Russia has reached out for Ulm, only to get badly slapped by Murat.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/17/2016 10:44:53 PM >

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 95
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/18/2016 7:48:51 PM   
RufusTFirefly

quote:

It sounds like you are fighting a bunch of lonely islands. These guys need to learn how to communicate or something.

Better not judge when you dont know the facts. I am playing Austria and I am in constant correspondence with my allies. But of course this correspondence is not known to the French player.

About the "missing" support: I know where the Russian and Prussian armies are, what they are doing and how they might help Austria. If you have ever heard of Austerlitz you should know that it might end in a desaster for Russia to rush into a direct confrontation with France at this early state of war.

< Message edited by RufusTFirefly -- 4/18/2016 7:58:56 PM >

Post #: 96
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/18/2016 11:15:38 PM   
Aurelian

Never mind.

Except to say it is my observations that are a big part of this AAR

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/18/2016 11:20:06 PM >

(in reply to RufusTFirefly)
Post #: 97
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/20/2016 1:09:09 PM   
bdtj1815

quote:

I am presently only four months into the January Grand Campaign playing as France with the latest beta patch.

I am at war with Russia, Prussia and Austria. There was no sign of any Russian forces so I re-loaded the game as Russian and found that at least 80% of the Russian Army was in, or heading towards, the Caucasus. I have reported this before but it doesn't seem to have been picked up by anyone.

Post #: 98
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/20/2016 3:30:29 PM   
kev_uk

AI needs work. Not the best AI for an Ageod game for sure.

(in reply to bdtj1815)
Post #: 99
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/20/2016 5:31:01 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: bdtj1815

quote:

I am presently only four months into the January Grand Campaign playing as France with the latest beta patch.

I am at war with Russia, Prussia and Austria. There was no sign of any Russian forces so I re-loaded the game as Russian and found that at least 80% of the Russian Army was in, or heading towards, the Caucasus. I have reported this before but it doesn't seem to have been picked up by anyone.

Ah, but I'm in a 7 player game.

(in reply to bdtj1815)
Post #: 100
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/21/2016 8:51:13 PM   
Aurelian

Nothing new. Austria refuses to expel enemy troops from its domain.

So I have vowed to utterly destroy Prussia if he doesn't.

In other words, I will neither offer or accept peace until every city is under French control.

Don't know what Austria thinks he's playing at. I can easily beat him again.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 101
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/21/2016 10:57:47 PM   
Speedysteve

Very intrigued by this game. I've been keeping an eye on it since release but being a long term WiTP AE player I don't have a mass of free time at present but will likely get this in the future.....thanks for the AAR.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 102
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/22/2016 1:16:41 PM   
kev_uk

It is a good game, has great potential over all other released Napoleonic games due to its ambition, scope and depth. Much good, much needs work done, which I know is possible.

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 103
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/23/2016 12:47:53 AM   
Ostwindflak

quote:

ORIGINAL: RufusTFirefly

quote:

It sounds like you are fighting a bunch of lonely islands. These guys need to learn how to communicate or something.

Better not judge when you dont know the facts. I am playing Austria and I am in constant correspondence with my allies. But of course this correspondence is not known to the French player.

About the "missing" support: I know where the Russian and Prussian armies are, what they are doing and how they might help Austria. If you have ever heard of Austerlitz you should know that it might end in a desaster for Russia to rush into a direct confrontation with France at this early state of war.

I am in no way going to derail Aurelian's thread by arguing, but I will say based off what Aurelian has reported, your "coalition" clearly has communication problems. So I do not see where my observation is lacking. Get your team work sorted mate.

Post #: 104
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/23/2016 1:54:14 AM   
Aurelian

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am in no way going to derail Aurelian's thread by arguing, but I will say based off what Aurelian has reported, your "coalition" clearly has communication problems. So I do not see where my observation is lacking. Get your team work sorted mate.

I had a blistering response to the message he wrote, but on reflection thought better of it :).

Objectively, I don't see what can be concluded from what I've written except what was.

Napoleon was right. Better to fight allies than be one. :)

Post #: 105
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/23/2016 11:00:33 AM   
RufusTFirefly

quote:

As I wrote before, you have no idea what is going on behind the screen. So you think it is a clever idea to give advice?

< Message edited by RufusTFirefly -- 4/23/2016 12:09:48 PM >

Post #: 106
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/23/2016 4:37:12 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

quote:

As I wrote before, you have no idea what is going on behind the screen. So you think it is a clever idea to give advice?

Knock it off. He's allowed to speculate.

The fact is that regardless of communications, nobody lifted a finger to help Austria.

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/23/2016 4:49:33 PM >

Post #: 107
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/24/2016 11:07:44 AM   
RufusTFirefly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

quote:

The fact is that regardless of communications, nobody lifted a finger to help Austria.

Of course he is allowed to speculate. But he gives advice without knowing what is going on. Thats nothing but silly talks. He should keep advice for himself if there he has nothing better to say than just to blow out nonsense like this.

And you are wrong to believe there is no help for Austria. Speculate as much as you want. But I think as player of Austria I should know best what happens between Austria and its allies.

This scenario is meant to last for 10 years. You have the strongest armies in this game at the beginning. Anyone of us would be stupid to run into major battles that early in the game. It would make no sense to look for a decision within the first year. And Austria´s allies had no possibility to prevent the defeat of Austria in 1805. We have a long term strategy. Lets see if it works. And whether you have a better one.

Btw, has Austria suffered a defeat that disables it to play an important role in this game any longer? Look at the provinces you have won. Look at the ones Austria still has. Compare their economical strength, the amount of manpower they provide, the ability to provide supply, horses, guns etc. Is Austria really knocked out?

< Message edited by RufusTFirefly -- 4/24/2016 11:14:29 AM >

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 108
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/24/2016 12:06:28 PM   
ironduke1955

I agree with RufusT its best to wait until 1815 before deciding who is winning, the Allies have to play the long game they are set up to lose in 1805 with the Russians walking into almost certain defeat. Nice to see they kept their powder dry, and Austria certainly will rise again, and the British look to be using the RN to good effect. From what I have seen the Allies have a plan.

Post #: 109
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/24/2016 6:55:59 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

quote:

Of course he is allowed to speculate. But he gives advice without knowing what is going on. Thats nothing but silly talks. He should keep advice for himself if there he has nothing better to say than just to blow out nonsense like this.

And you are wrong to believe there is no help for Austria. Speculate as much as you want. But I think as player of Austria I should know best what happens between Austria and its allies.

This scenario is meant to last for 10 years. You have the strongest armies in this game at the beginning. Anyone of us would be stupid to run into major battles that early in the game. It would make no sense to look for a decision within the first year. And Austria´s allies had no possibility to prevent the defeat of Austria in 1805. We have a long term strategy. Lets see if it works. And whether you have a better one.

Btw, has Austria suffered a defeat that disables it to play an important role in this game any longer? Look at the provinces you have won. Look at the ones Austria still has. Compare their economical strength, the amount of manpower they provide, the ability to provide supply, horses, guns etc. Is Austria really knocked out?

I don't have to speculate anything. I look at results.

1: Did the allies do *anything* to stop the French march to the Russo-Turkish border? Y/N.

2: Did the allies fight any battles in support of Austria? Y/N

3: Did Austria lose the war? Y/N.

In case you didn't realize it, this is *my* AAR. I will discuss what I want, about whatever I want. And Ostwindflak is allowed to do the same.

And as OWF sees the same things I see, his advice, if he chooses to give it, is based on the same information I have.
If you don't like that, don't post here.

Oh, in case you forgot, we have a three year peace. Prussia, even weaker than Austria, and nowhere near as large, can be over run long before the peace expires. So yes, Austria is out of the war as far as France goes.

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/24/2016 7:09:10 PM >

Post #: 110
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/24/2016 7:02:48 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

I agree with RufusT its best to wait until 1815 before deciding who is winning, the Allies have to play the long game they are set up to lose in 1805 with the Russians walking into almost certain defeat. Nice to see they kept their powder dry, and Austria certainly will rise again, and the British look to be using the RN to good effect. From what I have seen the Allies have a plan.

Huh? Don't recall anyone saying that France is winning the game, especially as GB has the highest National Morale.

Yeah, Austria can rise again, and then they get knocked down again.

The war can resume in 1808, long before they get their Army Reform.

If the plan is to let France fight one country at a time, it's working to perfection.

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/24/2016 7:05:54 PM >

(in reply to ironduke1955)
Post #: 111
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon. No PBEM opponents allowed. - 4/24/2016 10:28:34 PM   
Aurelian

No one in my PBEM game can post here now.

You do *not* criticize people who wish to discuss things with me, or who offer advice, or make their own observations.

As far as using the historical battle of Austerlitz for an excuse of the allies doing nothing......

Losing Austerlitz did not drive Russia out of the war. She didn't make peace until after Friedland.

And if the superiority of the French army is why Austria received no help. why did Prussia declare war? Why is Russia still in the war?

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/25/2016 11:22:23 AM >

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 112
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon. No PBEM opponents allowed. - 4/25/2016 5:24:47 PM   
Aurelian

The withdrawal has stopped, and the Grande Army is reentering Austria.

I have free passage, and he is degrading relationships with Bavaria. Who is an ally of mine.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 113
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/26/2016 9:26:59 AM   
ironduke1955

From memory the Allied armies combined were no match for the French in 1805, reform made that possible much later but 1805 was not the year to challenge the French, so even by combining and acting together they would still run out the losers, Prussia again from memory has a lot to lose they could end up occupied and in effect taken out completely from the game, if they start a war in 1805, so its odd that the French complain that the Allies are not marching out in 1805 just to be crushed, for the amusement of readers of the AAR

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 114
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/26/2016 9:43:22 AM   
ironduke1955

I again just from memory remember the Allies developed a strategy it was called don't fight Napoleon, and concentrate on picking off French Marshals in other theatres. But even to implement such a strategy they had to learn how to move at the speeds that the French army moved, that was down to reform, the Allied Armies in 1805 were organized very much as the armies had been in the 18th Century. They were using 18th century organisation against Napoleons 19th century organisation. So again the critique of current Allied strategy in 1805 is not consistent with military realties.

Post #: 115
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/26/2016 6:03:21 PM   
Aurelian

The military reality is that the allies didn't know what you state.

The military reality is that Napoleon can't be everywhere at once.

The military reality is that France is not strong enough to beat everyone if they act in concert.

The reality is that you can't complain when it's pointed out how much the allied "plan" favors its target.

The reality is that since this is my thread, I can critique whatever I see.

The reality is that if you don't like that, you don't have to read it.

Post #: 116
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/26/2016 7:39:05 PM   
ironduke1955

quote:

Of course he is allowed to speculate.

As am I

You will find that a AAR with multiple human players is never
quote:

my thread

Of course I am enjoying this thread (though possibly for the wrong reasons) never said I was not.

And to quote the famous man himself
quote:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 117
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/26/2016 7:56:12 PM   
Aurelian

Another reality is that you've been green buttoned.

Whining about how I do my AAR doesn't go very far with me.

Post #: 118
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/26/2016 8:54:50 PM   
ironduke1955

No offence intended you seem to have missed the point, you are complaining that your opponents are not more aggressive in 1805 I simply pointed out that their armies are not up to the task and won't be for several years. Its just a fact of the Napoleonic wars innovation meets moribund ways. So your opponents simply don't have the tools to do the job. Its just odd that you misrepresent the obvious.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 119
RE: Russophile plays Napoleon - 4/27/2016 1:41:57 PM   
Aurelian

Three echelons for the coming campaign.

1st: 225,830 infantry, 29,467 cavalry, 873 cannon.

2nd: 59,740 infantry, 7,421 cavalry, 264 cannon.

3rd: 41,150 infantry, 2,569 cavalry, 160 guns.

Not counting reserves.

Could all be an Imperial bluff. Or could it.

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/27/2016 1:44:14 PM >

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Wars of Napoleon >> After Action Report >> RE: Russophile plays Napoleon Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI