Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 1/29/2016 12:51:41 PM   
dhhd

Every turn or two, I'm given messages asking me if I want to move FSBs westwards. Given that my understanding is that you want FSBs as close to the fighting as possible, so trucks do less work, and given the text in the reports, this seems like a bug

eg, I've got a message from Wagner saying we should relocate from Orsha to Minsk because the closer to the front, the better. But Orsha is definitely closer to the fighting than Minsk is.

I've just been ignoring it - I assume it's a bug.
Post #: 1
RE: Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 1/29/2016 1:17:24 PM   
WingedIncubus

It is WAD. It is there to give the option to relocate somewhere else to the player.

It is not always the optimal decision to place the FSB too close from the fighting. For example the Soviets may be doing a successful counterattack or threatening the railway line between your main base and your FSB, or you might have so few viable locomotives that you need to shorten the trains' mileage.

(in reply to dhhd)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 1/29/2016 1:30:39 PM   
dhhd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drakken

It is WAD. It is there to give the option to relocate somewhere else to the player.

It is not always the optimal decision to place the FSB too close from the fighting. For example the Soviets may be doing a successful counterattack or threatening the railway line between your main base and your FSB, or you might have so few viable locomotives that you need to shorten the trains' mileage.

I understand that, but the text makes it confusing: I can't check now because it's a new turn and I've captured a bunch of stuff further east than my FSBs. However, last turn, it pretty much had Wagner saying we should move the FSB to Minsk from Orsha - on the basis that this was closer to the front lines.

So, not a bug, but the flavour text is confusing. Or possibly Gercke swiped Wagner's map as a prank.

(in reply to WingedIncubus)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 1/29/2016 2:14:42 PM   
willgamer

I believe there’s a problem with FSB relocation that I’ve reported twice-

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4015227

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4007320

ATM, the issue doesn’t have much traction with the devs…

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to dhhd)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 1/29/2016 2:28:44 PM   
Philippeatbay

[wrong post]

< Message edited by Philippe at bay -- 1/29/2016 3:32:04 PM >

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 1/29/2016 2:49:47 PM   
James Ward

Maybe it could be changed to a decision where you request to move the FSB and air base, at a cost of 1 pp or something, and not have your staff keep suggesting it. Many times you get it to the place where you are going to keep it for the rest of the game and to alway have to make the decision is an unneeded pain. If you are getting a little tired from 'one more turn' syndrome and make a wrong click it can really ruin your day.

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 6
RE: Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 1/29/2016 9:33:26 PM   
lancer

Hi dhhd,

The top four choices for a new FSB are shown. If you've only got two or three that are to the east then the ones behind you will be used to fill in the quota but they'll be down the bottom of the list of options.

@willgamer,

Nope, looked at it and fixed it. Hopefully.

@Jamesward,

FSB types of decisions are in the special 'ignore them unless you want to deal with them' category of decisions (called 'Ongoing'). Any decisions in this category won't cost you any PP's if you don't deal with them and your Chief of Staff knows not to interfere.

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 7
RE: Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 1/30/2016 1:37:39 PM   
dhhd

quote:

ORIGINAL: lancer

Hi dhhd,

The top four choices for a new FSB are shown. If you've only got two or three that are to the east then the ones behind you will be used to fill in the quota but they'll be down the bottom of the list of options.

Aha, thanks. Is the message supposed to be the same for all?

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 8
RE: Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? - 2/1/2016 1:32:16 AM   
lancer

Hi dhhd,

From memory it's the same message with a few datapoints that 'fill in the blanks'. One of them indicates the distance from your current FSB which can be a positive value (ahead) or negative (behind).

Good idea to have different messages to highlight the differences.

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to dhhd)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Possible bug: FSB options to move ... west??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI