Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Card "literally" go to front line?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Card "literally" go to front line? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Card "literally" go to front line? - 2/14/2016 4:31:42 PM   
HarpyEagle

I see nowhere an explanation about a card awarded, e.g., "go to the front line" to direct artillery or "go to the front line to lead your armor into battle" etc.

1) does this mean "literally" go to the front line? If I have my HQ with leader 3-5 hexes away from the front line, can I play the card with equal boost away from the actual "line"? Or, do I literally need to take my HQ and put it on the hex on the front line adjacent to an enemy to receive the boost after playing the card?

2) how many turns is the card good for? Just one? A certain number? A random variable number of turns?

3) How much range does this card have in terms of hexes? Good for just one hex if the HQ has to be on the actual front line? Or, does the card give you a range of hexes from your HQ that it extends to?

If these answers are in the manual, I am blind as I did read it a couple times. Thank you for any input.

< Message edited by HarpyEagle -- 2/14/2016 5:33:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Card "literally" go to front line? - 2/14/2016 5:09:33 PM   
cpdeyoung

There is no need to move the HQ, the leader jumps in a staff car with a submachine gunner, and his aide, and heads where he is needed. (in my imagination anyway!)

The card has effect in only the turn played. It does not leave the deck of the leader till played however.

A map for choosing the unit affected will appear when you click the card. Any units out of range will not be selectable. The range is decent, (exact number of hexes?). If the unit you want to affect is outside the range you can cancel.

Chuck

(in reply to HarpyEagle)
Post #: 2
RE: Card "literally" go to front line? - 2/14/2016 6:13:04 PM   
Tac2i

Officers/cards, jeep, cavalry, tank models and the TO&E feature all came after the initial release of ATG in April 2011. None of these features appear in the game manual. If memory serves me correctly the order of appearance was 1) cavalry, 2) jeep, 3) officers/cards, 4) tank models and just recently 5) TO&E.

< Message edited by Webizen -- 2/14/2016 7:22:45 PM >

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 3
RE: Card "literally" go to front line? - 2/16/2016 3:24:10 PM   
HarpyEagle

Thank you both!!! Appreciate it very much. I really like the TOE. One thing I wonder is what causes a HQ below the Supreme HQ to not request staff? They can get down to 45% of so and still you do not see on "request in" the call for staff. Eventually, they get staff sent.

Also, when designing the TOE for HQs, one thing I forgot was that the default item in the table was "one rifle". Later, I changed the rifle to staff, I am assuming this was necessary, even when you have "auto-staff on".

However, if auto-staff does not override the rifleman unit and internally makes it staff, is there a "quantity" you should set staff to? I have been setting the Sub-HQs to 100 or 150 just for the heck of it but I don't know if this is necessary if you have auto-staff set to on.

Thx!

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 4
RE: Card "literally" go to front line? - 2/16/2016 5:36:01 PM   
Philo32b

quote:

ORIGINAL: HarpyEagle

Thank you both!!! Appreciate it very much. I really like the TOE. One thing I wonder is what causes a HQ below the Supreme HQ to not request staff? They can get down to 45% of so and still you do not see on "request in" the call for staff. Eventually, they get staff sent.

Make sure the Auto-staff button is on in the TOE for your sub-HQ. (I'm not sure what exactly is the name on the button at the moment.) It will make sure enough staff gets sent to the HQ to get to 100%, even if the quantity of staff in the TOE is lower than what the HQ needs for 100%.

Also, just to check, make sure the HQ in question has been assigned a TOE model. Also, check the requested out and fulfilled out info in the Supreme HQ--that may show that there is so much going out that the infrastructure logistics limitations is a bottle neck to everything getting out.

(in reply to HarpyEagle)
Post #: 5
RE: Card "literally" go to front line? - 2/16/2016 6:03:30 PM   
Tac2i

If your HQ has a HQ template assigned to it all you need specify in the template is 1 staff. The auto staff function will endeavor to keep the staff level at 100%. Be sure your SHQ has enough trains to handle the workload of getting stuff shipped out to the field HQs. I try to keep my field HQs on the rail line for that purpose. I typically, depending on map size, have 15-20 trains in my SHQ. As time and resources allow, I usually put trucks in my field HQs.

quote:

ORIGINAL: HarpyEagle

Also, when designing the TOE for HQs, one thing I forgot was that the default item in the table was "one rifle". Later, I changed the rifle to staff, I am assuming this was necessary, even when you have "auto-staff on".

However, if auto-staff does not override the rifleman unit and internally makes it staff, is there a "quantity" you should set staff to? I have been setting the Sub-HQs to 100 or 150 just for the heck of it but I don't know if this is necessary if you have auto-staff set to on.

Thx!

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to HarpyEagle)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Card "literally" go to front line? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI