Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

April Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> April Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
April Update! - 4/2/2003 12:22:35 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hello to all:

Hope all is well. Things are moving at a furious pace! Contrary to press reports we're still on schedule and making progress :-)

We now have two substantial milestones that we're working on at the same time. The basic game is done and I'm now integrating PBEM into the engine. Thank you all for your input and PBEM will be done with a host and multiple clients (as many of you have suggested). I also have found this to be the best since I've had a little PBEM experience with EIA.

The other key factor is that the artists are now serving up their screen graphics and I'm integrating them into the game so that ... well frankly ... it starts to look like a game! Now keep in mind that I'm not an artist and because of that may be easily impressed but these graphics BLEW my socks off!

One thing I could use ANYONE's help with is: Can anybody fined any drawings of the Turkish leaders??? We are having problems finding any drawings of these guys ("Ali", etc.) Any help here is greatly appreciated...

On a side note, I'll try to get back and make some more detailed post in the next few days but will be scarce for the next couple of days since I just added a new member to my family today. Mom and baby are fine (She wasn't too happy that I wanted to name him "Napoleon") Another sign of my obsession...

Thank you all

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 1
Wooo Hoooo! - 4/2/2003 9:56:26 PM   
Le Tondu

Congratulations Marshall! You must be flying high. Well, enjoy it. No need to pacify us --for a few days at least. ;)

It won't be long now til you hear the words, "Dad, can I have the keys to the hover car?" ;) Our hats are off to you.

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 2
- 4/2/2003 10:01:00 PM   
ASHBERY76

http://www.iondavid.ifitsa.com/powers/ottoman/mehemett.jpg

Mehemet (Muhammed) Ali, who proudly noted being born in the same year as Napoléon and Wellington, fought Bonaparte at Abu Kir (1799), then took over Egypt in 1805. Ruling until his death in 1848, he hired numerous French experts, many of whom were Napoleonic veterans working in his army.

http://www.iondavid.ifitsa.com/powers/ottoman/selimt.jpg
The Sultan Selim III who, in theory, was both an absolute monarch and leader of the Ottoman's Empire's Muslim majority until his assassination in 1807.

:p

Post #: 3
- 4/2/2003 10:38:16 PM   
Reknoy

Many congrats, Marshall! Our second (daughter) is now six months old and finally putting herself to sleep (a la thumb).

As for names, Napoleon didn't work for us either (my son is three). However, she liked "Duncan" (I never told her it was the name of the main character from the Highlander TV series!!).

As for the pictures, someone posted Muhammed Ali's pic (which is awesome), but I think you were looking for Kushanz Ali (from the 1805 campaign, yes?).

I have yet to find pictures of any of the 1805 Turkish leaders...and isn't the "Grand Vizier" simply a title? I mean, it could technically be anybody who served that position at that time (and there is even a Turkish variant in which the Grand Viz. comes back after death! i.e., a new one is appointed).

Congrats again!

John

Post #: 4
- 4/3/2003 2:59:38 AM   
mmurray821

Selim III

[IMG]http://galeon.hispavista.com/otomanos/selimIII.jpg[/IMG]

Post #: 5
- 4/3/2003 3:50:29 AM   
mmurray821

Mustafa IV 1807-1808

[IMG]http://galeon.hispavista.com/otomanos/mustafaIV.jpg[/IMG]

Post #: 6
- 4/3/2003 6:05:40 AM   
Roads

On leaders, I noted a problem at a web site and wanted to point it out.

The Brunswick leader is the Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg who died at Auerstadt in 1806, and not his son, the Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg who died at Quatre Bras in 1815. I don't imagine you've mixed them up, but you never know how far messed up references will go.

Post #: 7
- 4/3/2003 11:38:16 PM   
Link

Congratulations Marshall!
I actually named my son, now 9 months, Napoleon but only as middle name. :)

/Lars L.

Post #: 8
- 4/6/2003 5:00:31 AM   
Snigbert

Is it just me, or are Selim III and Mustava IV the same guy?
I cant believe nobody in the Ottoman Empire noticed that.

Seriously, Mustava puts a little Grecian forumla in his beard, switches hats, and bang. He's Selim.

"Money doesnt talk, it swears. Obscenities, who really cares?" -Bob Dylan

"Habit is the balast that chains a dog to it's vomit." -Samuel Becket

"He has weapons of mass destruction- the world's deadliest weapons- which pose a direct threat to the

Post #: 9
curiosity - 4/28/2003 10:40:50 PM   
jamo262

I just found the map, better late than never! Looks FAB.

How is Matrix going to handle 1sp corps on fortresses blocking movement I wonder? Will there be some minimal implementation of over-run?

Will there be reaction moves for the non phasing player (withdrawal/intercept )?

Will cavalry corps be given extra operational/strategic utility by allowing auto withdrawal before infantry, aiding/blocking reconnisance, giving a +1 modifier for friendly reaction moves into ( corps intecepting into a space containing friendly cavalry) if reaction moves are used?

Maybe these will be optional rules who knows?

The basic combat system is just fine I think. Could tweek it by giving escalated assault a -1 to withdrawal.

Some thoughts:)

Post #: 10
- 4/28/2003 11:39:28 PM   
Reknoy

Comments from someone who has played the game a lot. :)

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> April Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI