Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Feature Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Feature Request - 8/22/2018 2:53:00 PM   
Okayrun3254

quote:

ORIGINAL: DoubleDeuce

IIRC, for any ASL vets out there, interested in, or playing this game, its a lot closer to the Starter Kits than full blown ASL. So there are NO Snipers, Multi-story buildings, Bypass Movement, Concealment, Prisoners and quite a few other full ASL rules.

I purchased this game recently, and I am really enjoying it. I have played ASL and know of Starter Kits, but I am not trying to steer future development of TotH towards either one. This is a tactical computer game that I think is very well done, in fact the best one of this type I have ever played on the computer. I thought this was a feature request thread, so I am just giving my opinion of what I think would be a nice added feature to an excellent game. A sniper feature is a legitimate feature request in any tactical level wargame. I am not weighing in on priorities because I also like a lot of the other suggestions too, and would be happy with any added new features in the future.

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 331
RE: Feature Request - 8/25/2018 11:23:13 AM   
LN59

Inspired by Technikzauberer & UP844 in their recent thread Scenario Design -'Frozen' Units

quote:

Technikzauberer: '[...]options for emulating unready or surprised units'

quote:

UP844: 'the possibility of setting a personnel unit state (Good Order/Pinned/Broken)'

+2

I totally subscribe to this idea which would greatly enrich the possibilities offered to the scenario designers
while preserving (IMO) the spirit of the game wanted by Peter.
Excessivily detailed Table of Equipment means inevitably more complex rules of use greedy in memory resources
and time of computation and leads to forget that essential goal: to keep the priority on the game's fluidity...
and also favor the scenwriters' imagination!

"On ne passe pas !"
The French soldiers' motto (Verdun, 1916)

"One does not pass! The Covid-19 even less."
Years 2020, 2021 motto, 2022 distant memory

(in reply to Okayrun3254)
Post #: 332
RE: Feature Request - 8/26/2018 7:03:40 AM   
rico21

Peter, add this description feature please, if you don't do for me, do it for UP.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 333
RE: Feature Request - 8/26/2018 7:29:44 PM   
fuselex

what we really need to do is not go down the path of ASL .
A lot of options that you require a degree in to understand , then find that there are not many others who have the same degree and dedication.
After all , to attract new followers , it is better to give them a condensed version of the bible rather than the whole book.
Even at this point of the game , someone picking it up ,playing a scenario , has to be daunting .

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 334
RE: Feature Request - 8/28/2018 12:24:01 AM   
Hailstone

Let's not be too hasty to keep TotH dumbed down to attract new players but fuselex has a point. My remedy, TotH 2!

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 335
RE: Feature Request - 11/5/2018 3:45:22 PM   
Firebri

Sorry if this has been said before, My request is a more graphical terrain.
This game is great to play, but I wish the graphics were a bit more like newer Close Combat titles.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 336
RE: Feature Request - 11/18/2018 3:17:02 PM   
Hailstone

I suggest during the Movement Phase that AFV's that have moved would have a (moved) indicator like the infantry.
Sometimes I forget which AFV has moved during the Movement Phase. Now and then I forget which AFV moved so
when I unknowingly select an AFV that moved and start the AFV just to find out it has moved and now the AFV is
stuck in Motion because the AFV was halted with 1 MF to spare. Just enough to start. I believe this is a minor fix to
show AFV's that moved to have (moved) as a suffix like the infantry during the Movement Phase. Thanks

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 337
RE: Feature Request - 12/1/2018 10:06:13 AM   
eobrian2

Hi, I’m new to the whole forum thing so I can’t seem to start a new thread yet. I’m trying to understand what features with respect to afvs, that are included in this sim. First: is there a noticeable difference in armor thickness for the different sides of an afv, second: are there different facings for turrent and body, third: is there a hull down status so that big guns with light armor such as tank destroyers become useful as in reality. I really like the concept of the game but these are things that really made the original squad leader pretty great. A dug in 88, a low silhouette tank destroyer, Shermans hull down on a ridge!

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 338
RE: Feature Request - 12/2/2018 2:01:52 AM   
Hailstone

eobrian2,

Here the answers:

First: is there a noticeable difference in armor thickness for the different sides of an afv? There is usually a different armor rating for front and side/rear of AFV's.
Also, there is an armor rating difference between hull vs turret. Whether the difference is noticeable or not is dependent on the AFV.

second: are there different facings for turrent and body? Yes, the turret can face differently from the hull.

third: is there a hull down status? No

(in reply to eobrian2)
Post #: 339
RE: Feature Request - 1/16/2019 5:26:18 AM   
parko74

any plans on adding other nationalities anytime soon?as well as adding aircraft?

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 340
RE: Feature Request - 1/22/2019 1:27:03 PM   
rico21

Scuttling the tank?

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 341
RE: Feature Request - 1/31/2019 2:49:49 PM   
rmmwilg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Let's not be too hasty to keep TotH dumbed down to attract new players but fuselex has a point. My remedy, TotH 2!

That, or maybe mods could be created that can be purchased and installed separately (using JSGME) for those who want to get into the more detailed aspects that ASL offered. Seems like a win-win that way.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 342
RE: Feature Request - 3/2/2019 10:07:59 PM   
danimaning2

Several years later: its impossible select all the units in the same hex with 1 click?.

I love this game, but only this thnig its soooo bored.

(in reply to Okayrun3254)
Post #: 343
RE: Feature Request - 3/3/2019 11:41:50 AM   
ArmyEsq

Please let me know when you add multi level buildings and smoke.

(in reply to danimaning2)
Post #: 344
RE: Feature Request - 4/3/2019 12:38:15 AM   
E

quote:

ORIGINAL: danimaning2

Several years later: its impossible select all the units in the same hex with 1 click?.

How about a double-click on stack to select the hex and all units? (without anyone having to unlearn or relearn the default one-click-then-possibly-many-clicks method).

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

(in reply to danimaning2)
Post #: 345
RE: Feature Request - 4/4/2019 12:12:29 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

quote:

How about a double-click on stack to select the hex and all units? (without anyone having to unlearn or relearn the default one-click-then-possibly-many-clicks method).

Double clicking to select all units in a hex, is not as easy because the selection validation function would need to change depending on a current segment in a turn. Are you in a movement segment, fire segment? Where only good order units can move/fire (pinned units cannot always fire, wounded leaders cannot move etc). in Rout Segment, it's all about broken+ units. Each time a unit is selected in any given segment the game makes an assessment if it's a valid selection or not. What if you want to select all units in a hex in Rout Segment, you select some broken+ units but you also select this way two leaders at the same time...this is not allowed. It's not as simple guys as you might thing...

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 4/4/2019 12:16:25 AM >

(in reply to E)
Post #: 346
RE: Feature Request - 4/4/2019 10:56:45 AM   
E

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

quote:

Double clicking to select all units in a hex, is not as easy because the selection validation function would need to change depending on a current segment in a turn. Are you in a movement segment, fire segment? Where only good order units can move/fire (pinned units cannot always fire, wounded leaders cannot move etc). in Rout Segment, it's all about broken+ units. Each time a unit is selected in any given segment the game makes an assessment if it's a valid selection or not. What if you want to select all units in a hex in Rout Segment, you select some broken+ units but you also select this way two leaders at the same time...this is not allowed. It's not as simple guys as you might thing...

What if a double-click was seen by the game as a string of single selections? (each being subjected to the disqualification tests, sequentially)

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 347
HEY LADIES! - 8/7/2019 9:46:26 AM   
gehrig38

Are you guys still active at all around here? As one of the 3 guys that owns MMP I would LOVE to talk to some of you players and more importantly some of the designers to see if there isn't some way to work together. Given the game is pretty much ASL, and copied ASL (Which btw I don't care, someone did an amazing job with this product)if this game could add some things (Firegroups, SW usage of opposing SW, and about 2 million other little odds and ends)I honestly think there would be a chance to kick start this with MMP and possibly HASBRO behind it.... Anyway, fantastic community and an amazing amount of work by you modders!

(in reply to E)
Post #: 348
RE: Feature Request - 8/12/2019 5:21:22 AM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: gehrig38

Are you guys still active at all around here? As one of the 3 guys that owns MMP I would LOVE to talk to some of you players and more importantly some of the designers to see if there isn't some way to work together. Given the game is pretty much ASL, and copied ASL (Which btw I don't care, someone did an amazing job with this product)if this game could add some things (Firegroups, SW usage of opposing SW, and about 2 million other little odds and ends)I honestly think there would be a chance to kick start this with MMP and possibly HASBRO behind it.... Anyway, fantastic community and an amazing amount of work by you modders!

I've been away from the game for almost a year but would be happy to share any input I could. IMHO, this game atm, is sort of a mix of SASL and ASLSK. At minimum, I would love to see walls, hedges, multi story buildings and a few other things.

< Message edited by DoubleDeuce -- 8/12/2019 5:22:33 AM >

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 349
RE: Feature Request - 12/4/2019 6:46:45 PM   
Magnin

quote:

ORIGINAL: FroBodine

Double-click on a hex to select all units in the hex. This seems to be the standard in many games. This would be a good feature.
\

Oh yes. The unit selection process is quite annoying in ToH. Simply Clicking on a stack with LMB should select it. This is standard in most software.

I ike the way stack selection is implemented in VASSAL. With a double-click, you can "disperse" a stack, then easily select units individually .

< Message edited by Magnin -- 12/4/2019 6:49:35 PM >

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 350
RE: Feature Request - 12/4/2019 6:50:30 PM   
Magnin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Krasny

It is very click heavy. Having to click "go on" after every enemy action, even when there's nothing you can do, and having to reselect moving units after they are shot at, are major pains in the arse.

quote:

It is very click heavy. Having to click "go on" after every enemy action, even when there's nothing you can do, and having to reselect moving units after they are shot at, are major pains in the arse.

Oh yes. And it seriously deters me from playing.

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 351
RE: Feature Request - 12/4/2019 7:00:55 PM   
Magnin

The game could definitely be made more user-friendly, by changing the way the clicks and drags are designed.

- Line of sight toggle: When I select a unit then hit a key, highlight all of the hexes that I can see.

My wishes for the features:
- hotkeys
- bunkers, entrenchements, fortifications...

I am another engineer who is willing to help this brave game designer ! ;)

(in reply to iPhoneAppz)
Post #: 352
RE: Feature Request - 12/4/2019 9:08:26 PM   
demyansk

Agree, I don't play the game due to the interface. Too much clicking with keyboard

(in reply to Magnin)
Post #: 353
RE: Feature Request - 1/3/2020 3:25:26 PM   
Zovs

Some observations, with the hopes of seeing some coding corrections.

UI
The UI is okay but it could be far better. Granted I am a long time ASL player and used to how the VASL interface is and works, so I am biased here. Also, I am vary long time Steel Panthers player and again I have my biases. There is way to much clicking and control clicking to select units to move or fire. If a user has no middle mouse button then that feature is useless for that player, there should be a shortcut key for this.

Game is laggy on larger scenarios
Currently I am play Rico's Stalingrad CG. Apparently there is an issue with the game lagging once more units arrive on the map on turn 4. For some reason after the turn 4 reinforcements arrived every time I select a unit to move it takes like 5-10 seconds for it to actually move to the selected hex. This is very fustrating, it should not take 10 seconds to move one unit (even using Assault Movement).

OBA
I can't target hexes with OBA unless the spotting leader has a LOS to an enemy hex with an enemy unit in that hex. This is a shortcoming in my view, you should be able to target hexes in your LOS even if there is no enemy unit in the hex. It is after all indirect fire.

AFV
It would be very nice to have the MP expended and remaining displayed somewhere in the UI. Its a bit frustrating at "guessing" how far an AFV can actually move in the turn. (This also applies to Infantry movement.) So far it seems that AFV can't enter a hex with another AFV. This is another shortcoming, they should be allowed to over stack similar to how it's done in ASL. Also there is no bypass movement (nor any for infantry) this also would be very useful to have in the game.

Stacking arrangements
It would be nice if we could change the stacking arrangements in the game. If you move a leader into a hex and then a squad the squad will go on top of the leader. This is annoying and we should be able to re-arrange the stack the way that we want, I prefer my leaders on top.

Firing status
Currently when you Prep Fire or Def Fire only the squad or SW gets marked with a Fire counter, it would be beneficial if the whole stack was marked or those that did not fire were moved to the top of the stack.

Those are my observations thus far. BTW using the latest beta.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 354
RE: Feature Request - 4/10/2020 3:15:41 PM   
TimB64

A bit late into this thread, but +1 for Firegroups across adjacent hexes.

I don't want to stack for firepower just to have my stack nuked by taking an unlucky hit

I'm sure there's a good reason why this hasn't been implemented (yet) so I can live without it.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 355
RE: Feature Request - 8/4/2021 10:14:14 AM   
dilore

A Line of Sight tool á la Vasall is crucial for movement planning and still missing. The current solution is a pain in the a..

< Message edited by dilore -- 8/4/2021 10:59:53 AM >

(in reply to iPhoneAppz)
Post #: 356
RE: Feature Request - 8/5/2021 2:08:01 AM   
Zovs

Fellows I don’t think there will ever be any patches or enhancements, this is it, what you got is what you got.

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to dilore)
Post #: 357
RE: Feature Request - 8/6/2021 1:23:43 AM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Fellows I don’t think there will ever be any patches or enhancements, this is it, what you got is what you got.

Sorry you feel that way Don. I for one will continue to believe in future updates. If not, I got what I got and still having loads of fun with TotH.

Regards,
John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 358
RE: Feature Request - 8/6/2021 11:06:40 AM   
Zovs

John I agree with the loads of fun, and while we all can hope for a patch, it just seems that the developer is just not interested in updating, patching or working on this anymore. And for good reason, he had a major health scare, and with the craziness of the world lately I think a lot of realize that what really counts in life is not our beloved hobbies, but those around us and close to us.

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 359
RE: Feature Request - 8/6/2021 12:00:30 PM   
Big Ivan

Can't argue with you there Don. Life, family and health take precedence over any past time.

Take care and stay safe!

John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI