Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Feature Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Feature Request - 3/4/2016 3:04:09 PM   
Doraniner

1.Center map on movement and fire.

2.Multy level Buildings.

3.Add Railroads to the editor (mostly cosmetic but a nice addition)

4.Possibility to add AFV wrecks with the editor.

5.Add Mines, wires and pillboxes.

(in reply to midgard30)
Post #: 91
RE: Feature Request - 3/4/2016 6:23:40 PM   
MikeGER

quote:

ORIGINAL: snowbird

My list

1) Hotkeys (user configurable would be best). I would love the ability to use the spacebar as an option for the AI Continue function.
2) Using the setup zone markers tend to obscure the terrain underneath the map. Possibly change to a heavy colored outline with a number.
3) I noticed that if I remove a zone setup hex that is on a victory hex, the victory hex will always change back to neutral.
4) When moving, highlight the farthest I could move. Or, use the current method and assign a hotkey that shows how far a unit could move.
5) As in #4, show the range of the weapon. This could be dots in two colors, normal range and long range (1/2 the firepower).
6) Show the potential of damaging a unit when hovering over an enemy.
7) Definitely clicking a hyperlink in the results window should center on the unit.
8) Center on a unit when the AI moves
9) Easier selection of units by a right click and showing the units in a box. Single click on each unit for selection. If a mistake is made, either allowing single click to unselect or hotkey to clear.
10) Check the verbiage on the pop up message boxes. Some need simple additions (e.g. adding "the").
Example: A UNIT Out of Command cannot move in the Advance Segment
Example: ROF is lost & Residual FP is placed in the Target Hex
11) Ability to zoom out on the map
12) Place a marker on the support weapon when it is broken, etc
13) Scroll the map by holding down the left mouse button. Prefer this method instead of scrolling by moving the mouse to the edge (scroll by accident sometimes when using menu items).
14) Line of sight check by stretching a line on the map. Or, pull up the line of sight tool and click on the two hexes on the map to check LOS. The LOS Check window appears to be modal. I cannot move the mouse cursor over hexes on the map to get the x,y coordinates while the window is active. Need to memorize or write down the coordinates before pulling up the window.
15) Hitting the Esc key de-selects my unit

Thanks for making a great game! Writing these suggestions down as I am playing a scenario.

A big fat +1 on all these UI improvements

In addition, for old wargamers with bad eyesight (like me ;-) and i bet iam not alone ) i would like to have a mild (let say 125%) zoomed-in possibility for the map
as an option

Best would be a continuous zoom in/out with middle-mouse-wheel from -25% to + 125% on the map so

- concerning further gameplay improvements

multi story buildings would be my first most wish
from the list of as close as inspired as possible to ASL items

(in reply to snowbird)
Post #: 92
RE: Feature Request - 3/4/2016 9:21:58 PM   
wesy

I like the game, but can we get min/max buttons and the ability to resize? Tired of Alt-Tab

"I ran into Isosceles. He had a great idea for a new triangle!"...Woody Allen

(in reply to midgard30)
Post #: 93
RE: Feature Request - 3/5/2016 7:40:18 AM   
nko

Maybe ToH could be used for close combat style campaigns if it allows to save battle results in a way that one can use the data in a new battle later.

For example if a map receives damage (house damage etc) during the battle, then it would be great if the damage could be saved so that one can later play a new battle on the same map with damage inlicted on this map earlier.

Also if we could have the data for both opposing forces in the end of battle (force composition, experience etc) to be used for next battles.

I'm thinking about some kind data import feature for the scenario editor: one can import data for map together with earlier damage+data for opposing forces.

Like said I'm hoping to create close combat style strategic campaign where battles are fought in ToH but the strategic map, battlegroup counters etc exist outside the ToH.

(in reply to wesy)
Post #: 94
RE: Feature Request - 3/5/2016 12:39:40 PM   
sambruzs

I second the motion for firegroups

(in reply to iPhoneAppz)
Post #: 95
RE: Feature Request - 3/5/2016 10:23:46 PM   
SteveD64

For some scenarios, the ability to rotate the game board so that you're moving from left to right (or right to left) instead of from bottom to top. Also, Zoom in and out!

< Message edited by CLEVELAND -- 3/5/2016 10:27:01 PM >

(in reply to sambruzs)
Post #: 96
RE: Feature Request - 3/6/2016 1:18:52 AM   
ArmyEsq

1- smoke capability
2- multi level buildings!!!
3- extreme winter modeling
4- ground snow, mud
4- ski troops
5- Low Visibility modeling
6- winter camouflage
7- multi level buildings!!
8- factory buildings!

Wow! Awesome game system in its own right; but how fantastic to be able to re-create the ASL scenarios! Thank you!

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 97
RE: Feature Request - 3/7/2016 9:37:01 PM   
rsist34

Ability to correct OBA before FFE takes place. Ability to target empty hexes with OBA. As it stands now targeted units just move out of the area begore the FFE takes place.

(in reply to ArmyEsq)
Post #: 98
RE: Feature Request - 3/7/2016 11:25:17 PM   
okiefire1

First I want to congratulate and give sincere kudos to Peter. I'm a REALLY old gamer and never thought any semblance of an ASL game would ever make it to the PC screen. My deepest appreciation to you, sir. There are a few things that might be easily added to allow more scenarios to be ported to TotH, IMO.

1. Multi-level buildings
2. User-placed foxholes (so many scenarios use these).
3. User-placed road blocks, mines, wire. (again used by several scenarios)
4. Smoke (grenades, MTR, AFV).

I know there are many other things that could be added, and I'm not really a programmer, but these are doable, I think.

Again, thank you for allowing this old geezer to enjoy some ASL action on the PC.

(in reply to rsist34)
Post #: 99
RE: Feature Request - 3/7/2016 11:31:40 PM   
36142CP

Snow scenarios/maps with snow texture modeling which can be then used in the editor for creating etc. With the snow scenario a different background sound selection (wind whistling etc) to capture the ambience! Snipers would be good like the squad leader expansion sets.

< Message edited by 36142CP -- 3/7/2016 11:33:59 PM >

(in reply to midgard30)
Post #: 100
RE: Feature Request - 3/8/2016 12:13:31 AM   
sdkfz181

I have played 6 games so far. I am content with the UI. I have one tiny feature request, if it is easy to do. When I click a hex which has only one of my units in it, please can it also select the unit in the Unit Control Panel?

< Message edited by drnick.hart@yahoo.co.uk -- 3/8/2016 12:18:42 AM >

(in reply to 36142CP)
Post #: 101
RE: Feature Request - 3/8/2016 1:03:25 AM   
rsclinton1

Very, very happy to support your game. UI is "okay", but I think quite a few of the posts are over-stated to say the least.

I did not see anyone mention the view size itself. I have a large, wide screen, but the counters and hexes are always quite small.

Unless I am missing it, the ability to make the game board/counters larger. A "zoom" or whatever so I can see the game better. I have loads of screen space not being used. I even tried to use a window...but that is quite odd in that it simply locks a box in the center of my desktop that I still have no view controll over.

I may be biased, but quite seriously, a large portion of your "potential" market are men, over the age of 45 and our eyes are not as good as they used to be.

Thanks again,
Scott

(in reply to sdkfz181)
Post #: 102
RE: Feature Request - 3/8/2016 4:12:06 AM   
Gerry4321

Remove the unplayable hexes from the scenario (now they show as shaded in red).

(in reply to rsclinton1)
Post #: 103
RE: Feature Request - 3/8/2016 5:14:59 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Storm72

quote:

ORIGINAL: idjester
I.E. a pro tip for you guys out there that haven't watched my scenario creation videos. You can setup
different zones for the units to be placed in. (For example German Zone 1). In that zone you can choose
a bunch of hexes for those units to be placed in. This way the units are not static and in the same place.
This will allow the units to be places in different setup hexes every time the scenario is played and will
therefore it will play different each time you play the scenario.

Make 3 or 4 different zones for the computer to place his units and assign units to those different zones.
The computer will than random place those units in the setup zones and you have a totally different scenario
just by how you designed it.
Hope that helps.
idjester

THIS! ^
+1.

+1 and hotkeys.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Storm72)
Post #: 104
RE: Feature Request - 3/8/2016 7:58:33 AM   
MikeGER

quote:

ORIGINAL: grumblinggrognard

I did not see anyone mention the view size itself. I have a large, wide screen, but the counters and hexes are always quite small.

Unless I am missing it, the ability to make the game board/counters larger. A "zoom" or whatever so I can see the game better. I have loads of screen space not being used. I even tried to use a window...but that is quite odd in that it simply locks a box in the center of my desktop that I still have no view controll over.

I may be biased, but quite seriously, a large portion of your "potential" market are men, over the age of 45 and our eyes are not as good as they used to be.

you are not alone! ...scroll back to check post number #91

"In addition, for old wargamers with bad eyesight (like me ;-) and i bet iam not alone ) i would like to have a mild (let say 125%) zoomed-in possibility for the map
as an option
Best would be a continuous zoom in/out with middle-mouse-wheel from -25% to + 125% on the map so "

(...i wish the whole game had be designed with a higher resolution of the counters and hexart in mind, because if you zoom in on the counter more then 125% for example at 150% the artwork start to get ugly and unreadble because of the beginning pixelation)

PS:
- UI related observation after spending some more time with the game -

Hit "Spacebar" for the next AI-Step and Phase-step is IMHO mandatory for the next patch.

If there is only a single unit (especially helpfull with the vehicles) in a hex left-click in the hex autoselect the unit.
in general an option in the game menue to tick on/off (so everbody can set his favorite way), that left click a hex autoselect all units in the hex and the player has to deselect the units he dont want to participate seems to be the less cumbersome method for a smoother gameplay)

< Message edited by MikeGER -- 3/8/2016 8:13:30 AM >

(in reply to rsclinton1)
Post #: 105
RE: Feature Request - 3/8/2016 8:38:12 AM   
Franciscus

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeGER

quote:

ORIGINAL: grumblinggrognard

you are not alone! ...scroll back to check post number #91

"In addition, for old wargamers with bad eyesight (like me ;-) and i bet iam not alone ) i would like to have a mild (let say 125%) zoomed-in possibility for the map
as an option
Best would be a continuous zoom in/out with middle-mouse-wheel from -25% to + 125% on the map so "

(...i wish the whole game had be designed with a higher resolution of the counters and hexart in mind, because if you zoom in on the counter more then 125% for example at 150% the artwork start to get ugly and unreadble because of the beginning pixelation)

PS:
- UI related observation after spending some more time with the game -

Hit "Spacebar" for the next AI-Step and Phase-step is IMHO mandatory for the next patch.

If there is only a single unit (especially helpfull with the vehicles) in a hex left-click in the hex autoselect the unit.
in general an option in the game menue to tick on/off (so everbody can set his favorite way), that left click a hex autoselect all units in the hex and the player has to deselect the units he dont want to participate seems to be the less cumbersome method for a smoother gameplay)

Totally agreed !

Former AJE team member

(in reply to MikeGER)
Post #: 106
RE: Feature Request - 3/10/2016 8:05:41 AM   
fran52

IMO,what for the moment limits the realization of scenario are:

Terrain:swamp,river and terrain condition(snow,mud)

Rules:transported units,towing gun and external reider.

With these features we can do a lot of scenarios.
If ,in future,we can have also air attack,mine ,foxhole,trench and bunker,only few limits remain.

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 107
RE: Feature Request - 3/10/2016 4:14:56 PM   
gw15

Yes, a must, transported units, towing gun and external rider.

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 108
RE: Feature Request - 3/10/2016 5:09:30 PM   
fran52

I forgot the variable turn for the reinforcements.

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 109
RE: Feature Request - 3/10/2016 5:44:51 PM   
Ratzki

I would like to see some non-whole hex terrain added.

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 110
RE: Feature Request - 3/10/2016 11:09:31 PM   
Franciscus

A ZOOM function, please!!

(although due to the fact the game uses a single png file as the source for all graphical elements I am not sure if it is at all possible...)

Former AJE team member

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 111
RE: Feature Request - 3/10/2016 11:21:41 PM   
SteveD64

Yes, zoom in and out! A larger map area would also be nice. Having the game play restricted to the upper left hand corner of your monitor is kind of a drag.

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 112
RE: Feature Request - 3/11/2016 6:13:44 AM   
Gerry4321

Fanatic units.

(in reply to SteveD64)
Post #: 113
RE: Feature Request - 3/11/2016 11:41:24 AM   
virtuali

My vote would be for:

- Hexside terrains ( Hedges, Walls, etc. )
- Multi-hex Firegroups
- Smoke grenades.

They are the most important features, because they have a big impact on tactics, so I consider them as "core" rules.

< Message edited by virtuali -- 3/11/2016 12:05:27 PM >

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 114
RE: Feature Request - 3/11/2016 8:16:18 PM   
rsist34

So to sum up this thread, We want Computer version of ASL.

(in reply to Doraniner)
Post #: 115
RE: Feature Request - 3/11/2016 8:34:12 PM   
Gerry4321

You could instead say a very comprehensive tactical WW II game. Tons of people on forums out there searching for this and we have made a great start!

(in reply to rsist34)
Post #: 116
RE: Feature Request - 3/11/2016 9:29:35 PM   
GenChaos33

How about LIVE 2 player games? No file saving/sharing. Just load game, go online, find player, and have fun!

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 117
RE: Feature Request - 3/11/2016 10:17:07 PM   
fran52

quote:

My vote would be for:

- Hexside terrains ( Hedges, Walls, etc. )
- Multi-hex Firegroups
- Smoke grenades.

If i'm not wrong,the multi-ex firegroup is not used in ASL,was used in SL.

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 118
RE: Feature Request - 3/11/2016 10:47:13 PM   
Gerry4321

No, ASL has firegroups. Very important so you can get firepower w/o bunching up.

< Message edited by Gerry -- 3/11/2016 11:33:21 PM >

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 119
RE: Feature Request - 3/11/2016 11:26:49 PM   
iPhoneAppz

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeneralChaos

How about LIVE 2 player games? No file saving/sharing. Just load game, go online, find player, and have fun!

+1

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI