Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Top Down Counters?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Top Down Counters? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Top Down Counters? - 2/28/2016 2:06:32 PM   
dynaman216

Any chance of getting ROTATING type down counters. I know there is a mod out there with top down tank counters but they do not appear to rotate - and the dissonance between the way the counter is pointing and the way it actually is facing would drive me nuts.
Post #: 1
RE: Top Down Counters? - 2/28/2016 3:00:35 PM   
kylania

The covered arcs are just image overlays, so if you limited yourself to a single type of vehicle you could maybe fake it with a custom terrain.png file. :) Otherwise, no, that would be a great feature but since the game isn't really designed to take counter facing into account it's unlikely to happen.

(in reply to dynaman216)
Post #: 2
RE: Top Down Counters? - 2/28/2016 4:39:11 PM   
dynaman216

quote:

ORIGINAL: kylania

The covered arcs are just image overlays, so if you limited yourself to a single type of vehicle you could maybe fake it with a custom terrain.png file. :) Otherwise, no, that would be a great feature but since the game isn't really designed to take counter facing into account it's unlikely to happen.

It does take vehicle facing into account, both hull and turret facing. It only shows it with the facing arrows so far but it does account for it.

(in reply to kylania)
Post #: 3
RE: Top Down Counters? - 2/28/2016 4:56:52 PM   
mainsworthy

the game engine likely would not easily rotate a square chit, but you can redraw 6 square chits at hotswap them.

(in reply to dynaman216)
Post #: 4
RE: Top Down Counters? - 2/28/2016 6:18:50 PM   
kylania

quote:

ORIGINAL: dynaman216

It does take vehicle facing into account, both hull and turret facing. It only shows it with the facing arrows so far but it does account for it.

Yes, as mainsworthy says, the vehicle arcs are kept track of within the game engine, but there's nothing in game which rotates the actual visible counters.

(in reply to dynaman216)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Top Down Counters? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI