Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Submitted Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  43 44 45 [46] 47   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 2/18/2021 4:54:07 PM   
Hailstone

Hey everybody,

I was doing a little reorganizing when I came across this scenario I made a while back
but never uploaded, I think.

Stalemate at Shlobin

Near the Dneiper, July 7, 1941: Not all Russian forces scattered when
attacked. On the outskirts of a town called Shlobin the besieged Russians
dug in around the high ground determined to hold at all cost.

Game Length: 10 turns

For the Germans to win they must capture Shlobin and secure the surrounding hills
For the Russians to win they must hold at all cost

Germans: Squads, MMG's, LMG's, ATR's, mtr's, FT's, DC, AFV's, OBA
Russians: Squads, HMG, MMG's, LMG's, ATR's, mtr, MTR, ART Gun, AT Gun, AFV's, OBA

Boards: #2, #3, #4, #5

Aftermath: As the Germans attacked the outskirts they met with unexpected
determined resistance. The hills were gradually taken, but the shaky foot-
hold was eliminated by the Russian armor. The Germans fell back and were
content with keeping the position under observation.

Source: On All Fronts, Playtester's Journal #1, ASL Scenario 202, Stalemate at Shlobin,
Fall 1989 issue

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 1351
More choice is better - 3/16/2021 12:17:12 PM   
rico21

A Parachute Battle
June 11, 1944. Near Carentan, Normandy, France.
Railway node, road junction ... Carentan has been living under the bombs since June 6, 1944. The first American paratroopers will
take up position at the Barquette lock, the Gliders will arrive by the port, the 506th by Méautis: "Carentan had to be taken. "
The opposition of the German soldiers is such that General Collins will even consider sending 1000 bombs "and you take the city
from me". On June 12, General Taylor, commander-in-chief of the 101st Airborne, will enter the city deserted by the enemy, after
the battle between American and German paratroopers around the Ingouf farm, at a place called Carré de choux.
At the head of the men of the 502nd: Lieutenant-Colonel Cole. It is with the bayonet that his soldiers will take the position.
Facing them, the elite troops of Major Driedrich von der Heydte's 6th German Parachute Regiment. Their fighting spirit will force
the respect of the Screaming Eagles of the 101st, who will nickname them The Green Devils or the Lions of Carentan. These German
paratroopers were on average 17 years old. This is the latest major German weaponry. They will try to retake the city, supported
by the 17th SS Panzer, but will not succeed.

Attacker : American (101st)
Defender : German (6thFallsch)

Best played on American SIDE first / with LOS: 18 Hexes / with RULE: More choice is better / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 7 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : Free'Men [ Rico ]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rico21 -- 3/16/2021 12:18:43 PM >

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 1352
RE: More choice is better - 3/16/2021 4:52:50 PM   
Raybert1123

Thanks Rico!

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 1353
RE: More choice is better - 3/16/2021 6:44:08 PM   
Big Ivan

Yes thanks Rico!!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Raybert1123)
Post #: 1354
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 3/27/2021 11:57:50 PM   
UP844

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Hey everybody,

I was doing a little reorganizing when I came across this scenario I made a while back
but never uploaded, I think.

I only managed to give it a try today: tough scenario!

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 1355
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 3/29/2021 3:32:00 PM   
Hailstone

Hey UP844, like most scenarios I struggle with play balance. I've made changes to the scenario by replacing half-tracks with armored cars because HT's are useless. They were meant to transport the infantry across open fields with some protection and speed but of course, not possible with TOTH. I also added more infantry to the German side to make up for the disadvantage of the HT's. Like most scenarios, once you learn where the opposing units are the game might not be so tough. Thanks man, for your feedback!

Incidentally, have you seen the previews for Victory and Valor? In the sample preview infantry squads actually get transported.

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 1356
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 3/29/2021 5:14:43 PM   
UP844

quote:

Like most scenarios, once you learn where the opposing units are the game might not be so tough.

[SPOILER] I was afraid to meet KVs or T-34s

quote:

Thanks man, for your feedback!

I'm sorry not to having made an AAR for this scenario, but tracking everything would have been a very long process.

quote:

Incidentally, have you seen the previews for Victory and Valor? In the sample preview infantry squads actually get transported.

I did and I am thinking about purchasing the game when it will be released, even though it looks a bit "narrow focused" (US Airborne in Normandy): from what I read, other modules will deal with specific battles. I would also like to know more about the editor.

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 1357
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 3/29/2021 5:31:41 PM   
Hailstone

Like you, UP844, I am also very interested in the editor and if it's at least as decent as TOTH's editor I hope to do for Victory and Valor as I did with TOTH and try to port over ASL scenarios.

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 1358
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 3/29/2021 6:51:18 PM   
rmmwilg

Scenario List updated

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 1359
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 3/30/2021 12:38:49 AM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: rmmwilg

Scenario List updated

NICE! Thank you!!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 1360
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/1/2021 4:20:53 PM   
rico21

The New Boy
Marnach, Luxembourg 1944-12-16.
The 2.Panzerdivision and its new commander, Oberst Meinrad von Lauchert, had no real responsibilities during the first
phase of Unternehmen Herbstnebel (Operation Autumn Mist). However, its first priority was to capture the bridge over
the Clerf River at Clervaux, before advancing on Bastogne. The village was defended by Company B, 1st Battalion, US
110th infantry Regiment and M36 tank destroyers from the 630th Tank Destroyer Battalion. Company B was well dug in and
the German assault companies assaulted the village but were unable to pierce the perimeter and were forced to infiltrate
the woods north and south, heading for their primary objective, Clervaux.

Attacker: German (Panzer Pioniere Battalion 36 | Panzer Grenadier Regiment 304)
Defender: American (Company B, 1st Batalllion, 110th Infantry Regiment | 630th Tank Destroyer Battalion)

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 16 Hexes / with RULE: Paper Tigers / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 6.5 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ Wacht Am Rhein ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 1361
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/2/2021 6:49:44 PM   
rico21

Rising Tide
Berdorf, Luxembourg, 1944-12-16.
The German Volksgrenadier Division 212, made a successful and relatively uneventful crossing of the Sauer around
Bollendorf in the early hours, overrunning small American outposts along the river line without giving them a chance to
radio a warning. Eventhough time was of the essence, the German assault companies of Volksgrenadier Regiment 423 with
their objectives the American command post in Consdorf and artillery positions in Scheidgen, partially ignored orders to
bypass pockets of resistance and became involved in costly and time-consuming battles for the insignificant villages of
Berdorf and Lauterborn.

Attacker: German (Volksgrenadier Regiment 423)
Defender: American (Company F & B, 12th Infantry Regiment | 70th Tank Battalion)

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 16 Hexes / with RULE: Paper Tigers / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 9 Game Turns

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 1362
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/5/2021 1:50:03 PM   
rico21

Fat Sparrows Atop Skyline Drive
Hosingen, Luxembourg 1944-12-17.
General von Luttwitz's orders required Volksgrenadier Division 26 to establish bridgeheads across the river Clerf by
nightfall on the 16th, so any enemy resistance had either to be subdued quickly or bypassed. As it turned out, the
biggest stumbling block turned out to be the Company K, 3rd Battalion, 110th Infantry Regiment and Company B, 103rd
Engineer Battalion in Hosingen. The American defenders were simply too well dug in to be shifted easily and the
close-range battle, with dozens of individual hand-to-hand encounters, swayed backwards and forwards all day. In the
evening, four Shermans arrived from the 707th Tank Battalion, but failed to bring any rifle ammunition with them. The
constant delays imposed by the defenders in the handful of villages along Skyline Drive forced KoKott to unleash his
reserved Grenadier Regiment 78 whose 1st Battalion was thrown into the struggle for Hosingen, supported by a few Hetzers
from Panzerjager Abteilung 26.

Attacker: German (Volksgrenadier Regiment 78 | Panzerjager Abteilung 26)
Defender: American (Company K, 3rd Battalion, 110th Inf. Regiment|Company B, 103rd Eng. Battalion|707th Tank Battalion)

Scenario Length: 7.5 Game Turns

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 1363
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/8/2021 6:24:00 AM   
rico21

A Promising Start
Longsdorf-Tandel Road Junction, Luxembourg 1944-12-17.
Screened by the mist which aided all of the Volksgrenadier Division 352's assault companies, the leading two battalions
fortuitously struck at the junction between the US 109th Regiment's 2d Battalion, whose Company E was in Führen and the
3d Battalion's Company I deployed in front of Bettendorf. Lt. Colonel James Rudder, the commanding officer of the US 109th
Infantry Regiment immediately drew upon his meagre reserves and sent A and B companies of the 1st Battalion supported by
1st Platoon Company C, 707th Tank Battalion into a counter-attack. Although progress was slow by nightfall Company A was in
sight of Longsdorf and Company B was overlooking Tandel. The morning of 17 December brought as series of uncoordinated attacks
by 2nd Battalion Volksgrenadier Regiment 915 against Fuhren while the 1st Battalion had its hands full with the Americans
counter-attacks at Longsdorf and Tandel.

Attacker: German (Volksgrenadier Regiment 915 | Panzerjager Abteilung 352)
Defender: American (109th Anti-Tank Company)

Scenario Length: 8.5 Game Turns

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 1364
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/8/2021 2:40:53 PM   
Raybert1123

Thanks Rico. You're the man.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 1365
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/9/2021 3:20:18 PM   
rico21

Here We Stand
Fringerhof, Luxembourg 1944-12-17.
Alerted by the Seventh Armee's preliminary artillery barrage, Colonel Rudder moved Company G up on the right of Company F,
replacing it in Brandenburg by Company C from the 109th's reserve 1st Battalion, which was stationed in Diekirch. During
the night, remembering his orders to avoid confrontation and leave American strong points to be mopped up by the reserve
Fallschirm Regiment 13, Oberst Groschke took advantage of a wooded defile to continue advancing west in between the 109th's
companies F and G. But early on the 17th, the 2nd Platoon from Company C, 707th Tank Battalion moved into position to block
the regiment. By daybreak on 18 December, the GIs were completely cut off. Eventhough they had not been attacked, Colonel
Rudder ordered them to fight their way out south to Diekirch helped by the tank platoon.

Attacker: German (Fallschirm Regiment 13 | Stug Brigade 11)
Defender: American (2nd Battalion, 109th Infantry Regiment | 2nd Platoon, Company C, 707th Tank Battalion)

Thanks for your support Ray!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rico21 -- 4/9/2021 3:23:00 PM >

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 1366
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/9/2021 3:28:16 PM   
Peter Fisla

rico21, you are a terminator :)

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 1367
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/9/2021 6:01:33 PM   
rico21

I'll be back!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 1368
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/11/2021 8:53:32 AM   
rico21

Private Venture
Hoscheid, Luxembourg 1944-12-17.
Before dawn on 16 December the engineers of the Fallschirm-Pioniere Battalion 5 began ferrying the assault companies of
Fallschirm Regiment 14 across the Our River. Their instructions were to head as rapidly as possible west to the river
Clerf, establish a bridging site near Kautenbach and press on west to Wiltz to establish a blocking line behind the river
Sure, south of Bastogne. Their line of advance actually lay at the intersection of Lt-Colonel James Rudder's U.S. 109th
and 110th Infantry Regiments and immediately in their path at Weiler was Company I, 3rd Battalion 110th Infantry Regiment.
Generalmajor Ludwig Heilmann's orders to both his 14th and 15th Regiments called on them to bypass any pockets of resistance
in the villages, leaving those to be mopped up later by his reserve 13th Regiment. One such village was defended by six 105mm
and three 75mm Shermans from Company C 707th Tank Battalion and a part of the 110th Regiment's anti-tank company.

Attacker: German (Fallschirm Regiment 14 | Fallschirm Sturmgeschutze Brigade 11)
Defender: American (Company C, 707th Tank Battalion | 110th Regimental Anti-Tank Company)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 1369
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 4/28/2021 6:09:49 PM   
StolIB

With best regards!
I love you!

Where is ASL-scenarios: S31 - Going to New York?

< Message edited by StolIB -- 5/8/2021 5:33:41 AM >

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 1370
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/24/2021 11:08:12 PM   
Gerry4321

Hi.
It says your list is deleted?
Thanks,

Gerry

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 1371
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/24/2021 11:16:36 PM   
rmmwilg

Oops. I'm so sorry my friend. I transferred it to my OneDrive. Here's the link:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArrvgNc-OrHEg61WKom2XxAZQ4r2CA?e=1zLCYh

I've kept it up to date with the latest additions too.

To make things easier, I've added it back to my Dropbox too. The old link should work again.

< Message edited by rmmwilg -- 5/24/2021 11:18:46 PM >

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 1372
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/25/2021 9:01:43 AM   
Gerry4321

Great.

The Dropbox link still didn't work for me, but that may be my issue.

I really appreciate you creating this. Very nice.

Gerry

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 1373
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/25/2021 4:30:21 PM   
rmmwilg

Hmm, it must have assigned a new one. Ok here's the new Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8jpb2z1vkqva84/Scenario%20List.xlsx?dl=0

Glad ya got it. By the way, it does appear, at least in Dropbox, that one has to actually download the file to get the full utility out of it, particularly the filters.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 1374
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/25/2021 4:32:29 PM   
rmmwilg

Hmm, it must have assigned a new one. Ok here's the new Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8jpb2z1vkqva84/Scenario%20List.xlsx?dl=0

Glad ya got it. By the way, it does appear, at least in Dropbox, that one has to actually download the file to get the full utility out of it, particularly the filters.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 1375
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/25/2021 9:25:17 PM   
Gerry4321

Hi Hailstone:

Thanks for the scenario. It says to mop up defenders as you also exit. So I thought you would get points for killing Germans here. But it looks like it only counted the exited units as VP?

quote:

Here's a short and sweet scenario...

Gavin's Northern Assault

Near Nijmegan, September 18, 1944: General Gavin's paratroopers were attempting
to capture the bridge at Nijmegan and link up with the British XXX Corps.

Game Length: 5.5 turns

For the Americans to win they must mop up the German defenders as they exit to meet
the British XXX Corp
For the Germans to win they must stop Gavin's assault

Americans: Squds, BAZ44"s
Germans: Squads, LMG's

Boards: #13

Aftermath: Gavin's combat-hardened paratroopers push forward under light resistance
and mopped up the German defenders. One day later they linked up with General Dempsey
and the British XXX Corp at Nijmegan Bridge.

Source: On All Fronts, N.O.W.S. Con 1986 ASL Tournament Scenario #2, designed by
David Sisler, April 1986

quote:

Northern

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 1376
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/30/2021 7:19:59 PM   
Hailstone

Hey Gerry4321, there was no provision to grant VP's for German units eliminated but if you believe it will make for a better game then so be it. I'll amend Gavin's Northern Assault to include VP's for German units eliminated. Thanks for the feedback!

FYI: attached is the scenario sheet

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 1377
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/31/2021 5:52:29 PM   
Gerry4321

Hi Hailstone: Not sure I am good enough a player to get you to change a scenario! Thanks.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 1378
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 9/24/2021 10:07:40 AM   
Otto_STRUDER

Bonjour,
More than than, the fighting took place in automn and winter 44/45. The same landscape would give the sad impression of grays, white from patches of snow and brown from mud every where. And poping up your head from your foxhole is at your own risk.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 1379
RE: Auld Lang Syne - 11/5/2021 5:08:56 AM   
Otto_STRUDER

Bonjour,
Well, I easily managed to defend with the Yanks.

But either attacking on the north, or the south, or two pincers or a scherpunkt in the middle, no way to take the objectives with the objectives without the artillery.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 1380
Page:   <<   < prev  43 44 45 [46] 47   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  43 44 45 [46] 47   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI