Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Question on scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on scenarios - 3/4/2016 9:08:28 AM   
Moggul

I have a question on how to approach a scenario for the first time.

I usually play first as the attacker so I do not have a clue as to where the enemy forces may be setup or what would be its composition. I am a long time ASL player and am used to have this information on the scenario card so I can plan my strategy based on this information.

However in TotH this information is very limited. Is this done on purpose? Shouldn't the scenario designers give this information in the briefing? Without this information you are going to be either too cautious or too careless.

On further playings of a scenario this "surprise effect" is more limited, so it only applies once for each scenario.

What do you think?
Post #: 1
RE: Question on scenarios - 3/4/2016 9:35:28 AM   
Brazouck

Hi fellow ASL player.

Yes I think this is a big change from ASL, you don't have enough info to plan (range, movement etc...) your game

Some people says that is better, see idjester video, in fact when he found an ennemy unit with a Panzershreck, he thinks that it is a good thing that the player don't know the range of it ... When a unit carrying an MMG can not stack move with others, he says that it is a good thing that we don't know why (no offence idjester, I like your videos, please, make sound less loud !)

I disagree with that thinking, but I understand it.

The setup thing is the same, a real commander don't know what enemy units are. But, we are a lot to expect this game to be ASL on computer (me included).

I think it is the job of the scenario designer to say this things in the scenario description. Also, don't forget that concealment don't exist in this game !

Think as it :
SSR : All units start the game HIP

Sorry for bad english guys, french froggy here

(in reply to Moggul)
Post #: 2
RE: Question on scenarios - 3/4/2016 1:28:17 PM   
snowbird

Your English is great

I like your ideas. I am going back to my scenario I submitted and adding additional information to the scenario description.

(in reply to Brazouck)
Post #: 3
RE: Question on scenarios - 3/4/2016 3:45:30 PM   
idjester

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brazouck

Some people says that is better, see idjester video, in fact when he found an ennemy unit with a Panzershreck, he thinks that it is a good thing that the player don't know the range of it ... When a unit carrying an MMG can not stack move with others, he says that it is a good thing that we don't know why (no offence idjester, I like your videos, please, make sound less loud !)

SSR : All units start the game HIP

Sorry for bad english guys, french froggy here

Sound volume problem should start to be fixed... Sorry about that but no one ever told me there was a sound problem. Until recently, so newer videos should be better.

idjester

< Message edited by idjester -- 3/4/2016 3:46:40 PM >

(in reply to Brazouck)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Question on scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI