Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leaders, and HQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Leaders, and HQ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leaders, and HQ - 3/17/2016 6:53:20 PM   
marion61

After searching the forum I'm not quite sure if you can assign a unit without a HQ to a new one or if it is done automatically the turn after a HQ is destroyed.

My other question is, can leaders be changed at all? Or is it just a random event? The manual is not very clear on these things, or if it is I couldn't find a clear explanation of it. I know you can't remove theater commanders and the ones above you, but what about Army, Corps, Division leaders?
Post #: 1
RE: Leaders, and HQ - 3/17/2016 7:55:57 PM   
Tweedledumb

There is a game mechanic by which Soviet divisions, whose HQ has been destroyed, can attach themselves to another Army. I think it involves the range between the division and the new HQ as well as the number of divisions the new HQ already has. This is from experience not the manual!

German divisions are added and removed with the reinforcement "Deploy" process outlined in the manual.

As far as removing/changing commanders, there are a few events which allow you to get better or worse commanders for German divisions. Above that level you're stuck with the personalities you start with.

For the Soviets, Khrushchev can remove Army and Front commanders and you can replace Marshals (Front commanders) with the "Release Marshal" Soviet command card. I think this is in the manual.

Stick with the game - it is amazing!

(in reply to marion61)
Post #: 2
RE: Leaders, and HQ - 3/17/2016 8:47:31 PM   
marion61

Thanks, I agree the game is pretty awesome. Just bought it.

(in reply to Tweedledumb)
Post #: 3
RE: Leaders, and HQ - 3/18/2016 1:50:36 AM   
lancer

Hi meklore,

Tweedledumb has covered most of it.

Any orphaned divisions with leaders in the Red Army have a % chance of being reassigned to the nearest viable HQ (not cut-off, etc.) each turn. It'll happen but perhaps not straight away.

The Germans have a more efficient and flexible command structure and if you loose a commander (Army or Panzergruppe) it'll be automatically reformed at the start of the following turn and all it's subordinate units reassigned.

You can change the leaders of the Soviet Army and Front level HQ's via your Command Cards, eg. 'Tsarist', or more typically, by using the cards of your troubleshooters - Zhukov or Khrushchev (fire them, shot them, leave them a loaded pistol and a bottle of vodka, etc.)

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to marion61)
Post #: 4
RE: Leaders, and HQ - 3/20/2016 4:57:54 AM   
Jonathan Pollard

Actually, what Zhukov can do is improve the statistics of commanders he is with, either permanently by playing a card or temporarily just from his aura (presence).

< Message edited by Jonathan Pollard -- 3/20/2016 4:59:47 AM >

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Leaders, and HQ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI