Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Belgians vs Poles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Scenario School >> Belgians vs Poles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Belgians vs Poles - 3/19/2016 9:53:02 PM   
markcab

I'm creating a NGP scenario with Belgians vs Poles, inspired by some Steel Panthers campaigns. I'm trying to replicate the equipment as best as I can by using the Bundeswher for the Belgians. Thankfully, for the Poles, all you have to do is just use older Soviet stuff.

Is there any guides as to what axis the WP would've used to attack? Any guides as to the experience/training/readiness of the respective forces? I know the Belgians had a conscript army. For writing the scenario description, any advice? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Belgians vs Poles - 3/20/2016 3:50:33 AM   
Stimpak

Open terrain with good mobility would be considered "good going for tanks" and clear roads. Like many things in nature, the WP advance follows the path of least resistance. Hills, thick forests, enemy fortifications, cities (unless they are critical to the security of the road net) are usually driven around. Similarly, they don't reinforce failure either. If a staunch defense stops them cold on one axis, the follow-on forces will simply switch to another, more successful one.

Keep in mind however that Polish forces did not strictly follow WP doctrine, and allowed for some degree of freedom for platoon and company commanders. I can't vouch for the rest of the Non Soviet Warsaw Pact (NSWP), but the East Germans were regarded as the best trained and ready WP army. Expect the Poles to be somewhere between them and the Soviets. I might consider giving them lower morale than the Soviets however, as their client states, especially by 1989, would likely not be willing to fight an offensive war for a communist cause that they, largely, did not believe in.

< Message edited by Stimpak -- 3/20/2016 4:16:41 AM >

(in reply to markcab)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Scenario School >> Belgians vs Poles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI