Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/19/2017 11:34:36 PM   
rjord2021

The Delphic expanse will be added in detail to the mod map using the systems and worlds within the Expanse as a guide to its boundary.
In the Timeline of this mod the events of the Archer era never happened so the Delphic Expanse was not destroyed in 2154.

Maps of the Delphic Expanse are limited if they exist at all and my intention is to have a detailed map of the Expanse in this Distant Worlds mod.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 781
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/19/2017 11:42:02 PM   
rjord2021

In the Federation space where Kirk and crew will explore in the Enterprise I have another 31 systems to add to Federation space.
Hopefully this will be finished in the next 12 hours.

Then next week I start work on the Klingon and Romulan sectors.
The week after the smaller regions such as Ferengi Space, Tholian, Cardassian and so on.

If all goes well and I have added in what needs to be added into the mod, I can then create the map itself which needs to be the last thing that goes into this mod.

So hopefully.....this mod will see a July 2017 beta release date.

You heard that piece of news here first.

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/19/2017 11:52:50 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 782
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 1:27:13 AM   
Jagdtiger14

quote:

You can never rule out how good a tv series is by looking at the trailer..... you at least need to see the pilot episode before judging it. I heard that people hated Voyager.... I loved it and could hardly wait for the VHS tape which came out every 2 weeks at the shops Enterprise was cancelled due to poor ratings however I liked this as well though others apparently had issues with it.

I agree that you have to watch at least the first episode before making a judgment call, its just that for me, the trailer was terrible.

I actually enjoyed Enterprise, and was disappointed it only lasted 4 seasons. I also liked Voyager. My least favorite was DS9. So much was left on the table when it came to the war. Wished they had delved into that and left behind the sorry tale of Sisco, his dorky kid, and the entity within the wormhole that was tied in with a religion. So much lost potential.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 783
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 2:59:58 AM   
rjord2021

12:41 Sydney Time Saturday afternoon

I have added the initial group of 151 systems that will be added to Federation space in the mod.
At this stage all 151 systems , excluding Sol, are considered to contain systems containing no life forms.

The next step is to look at all tv episodes and novels, (not short stories) and flag each system with the planet mentioned in the episode or novel with the native species living on the planet and any other data such as characters, cultures, food, states and organizations . This will turn each planet mentioned into an planet containing a civilization mentioned in one book or comic only or hundreds of books or comics.

This will flag the events that will happen in role play when the Enterprise arrives in a system and a landing party beams down to a planet's surface.

If systems or planets are not already in the list included in the 131 syatems then they will be added to the list and proposed map.
If any of the 131 systems already done are not mentioned they will then be dropped.... this is unlikely though.

The picture below is an example where 14 systems, planets or starbases are sourced from the first 2 books in 2265.
I repeat this process for the following eras in order:
- Kirk era
- Picard era
- Sisko era
- Archer Era
- Discovery era (version 2 of map after first year of Discovery tv show)

Once the exercise is over depending on the numbers I may remove systems who are only mentioned for example once in hundreds of episodes or novels. This will depend on the planet or system if this happens.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/20/2017 3:04:03 AM >

(in reply to Jagdtiger14)
Post #: 784
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 5:15:41 AM   
rjord2021

The mod will have 3 different types of diffaculty.

1.EASY : This is for those of you who want to play the mod with Distant Worlds only and no Role Play.

2.MEDIUM : Play the mod in Distant Worlds with simple Role Play enabled. There is nothing diffacult in role play and may be preffered by most players.

3. HARD : If you want a challenge play this mod with role play set at high detail

Primarily I am creating this mod for myself and I will be playing it at the hardest level.
This will be available to all who want to play it on the most detailed setting.

For example when the Enterprise is transporting an ambassador on board the Enterprise, the transporter room will transport the character from or to a specific location on Earth such as a city or Starfleet Command. For example you may transport a character up from Ohio or somewhere in Ukraine.

Another example : Leaving spacedock or a starbase uses actual Starfleet procedures so it will talker longer to leave.

Damage systems on the Enterprise are highly detailed as well as repair of damaged systems.

Landing party missions will not be transporting to planet surface..... the transporter will actually lock onto a city or specific area unique to that planet to meet representatives of that planet.

Landing party missions will be more detailed.

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/20/2017 6:13:54 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 785
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 6:45:29 AM   
rjord2021

If you thought pirate attacks at the start was bad enough.....

When playing the mod in HARD difficulty, Federation Bases will be attacked . Under this difficulty Federation colonies on planets will be attacked and even Earth itself could be attacked.

When this happens detailed reports will identify exactly where on the base, colony world or on Earth that the attack happened.
Depending on what happened and level of casualties the Enterprise may be diverted from their current location to provide assistance.

What this means is that at the start of the game if Earth is attacked by Orion pirates significant damage may occur which may delay building of ships or stations. Even if the Enterprise has not been damaged by the Orion pirates you may be called back to assist Earth by Starfleet command.

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/20/2017 6:46:54 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 786
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 7:10:42 AM   
rjord2021

The locations and civilizations in the alpha and beta quadrants will be given a ranking which will be used by the mod for role play rankings.
Though bias between races will be random and decided by Distant Worlds Universe some features in role play will be decided by the ranking I am working on.

For example below are the top 12 races and cultures collected in 2264 and in 2265 up to the time of the pilot episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before"

Early ranking has put the Federation at the top of the ranking list, followed by the Vulcans, Klingons, and Andorians.

You will see that the Romulans in the TOS period so far have a very low rating of 3.
This is because the Romulans were keeping pretty much to themselves, especially after the Disaster of "The Balance of Terror" episode.

This ranking I am applying to all races in the mod will penalize that race if they kept to themselves like the Romulans....though they may still be dangerous to the Federation and others depending on the bias values.

Ranking after the first 12 novels and 1 book in pre-Kirk history
----------------------------------------------------------------
Human •  11
Vulcan •  10
Klingon •  7
Andorian •  6
Denobulan •  3
Orion •  3
Romulan •  3
Tellarite •  3
Capellan •  2
Heiren •  2
Tholian •  2
Vobilite •  2

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/20/2017 3:02:19 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 787
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 3:27:58 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

Very cool! Might want to edit the thread title to "...coming soon in mid-2017"

< Message edited by Kull -- 5/20/2017 3:28:44 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 788
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 3:32:21 PM   
rjord2021

During the time period of "The Corbomite Maneuver" the rankings of each civilization is taking shape as shown below.
The process I am using to calculate and assign a ranking to each civilization looks like it is working well.
We have not reached the Balance of Terror period yet but the Romulans have already climbed 2 steps up the rankings to 5th position.
At this stage I am surprised how high the Denobulans are in the rankings as I have not looked at any of the Archer era novels or episodes yet.

Vulcan •  18
Klingon •  14
Andorian •  10
Orion •  8
Romulan •  7
Tellarite •  7
Tholian •  6
Denobulan •  5
Nalori •  5
Chelon • 4
Rigelian •  4
Arcturian •  3
Shedai •  3
Bolian •  2
Caitian •  2
Capellan •  2
Deltan •  2
Elasian •  2
Heiren •  2
Organian • 2
Shedai Sentinel •  2
Tarmelite •  2
Tiburonian •  2
Vobilite •  2

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 789
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 4:02:24 PM   
rjord2021

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

Very cool! Might want to edit the thread title to "...coming soon in mid-2017"

Good idea.... thanks.

Thread title now changed

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 790
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 5:59:58 PM   
rjord2021

Characters are also given a ranking depending on how many times they appear in either episodes or novels.
This ranking gives the characters across all civilizations experience points used for example in determining if a landing party mission succeeds.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 791
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/20/2017 9:50:38 PM   
rjord2021

If you are a fan of the Vanguard series of books, Starbase 47 Vanguard has been added to the mod and role play sections.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 792
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/21/2017 3:50:22 AM   
Dakkon7

Have to agree with Jagdtiger14. Just from watching the trailer Star Trek Discovery looks like your typical pessimistic, edgy, super serious (but not where it counts), contemporary sci fi show; the Star Trek name is only there to draw people in. The producers/creators of the show look like they are only interested in doing their own thing, and I mean that in a bad way (like they don't respect/care or understand the source material). The actors sound pretty wooden too. And the Klingons look like Narn; dumb.

Anyway, are these new Klingons going to be a separate faction from the TOS Era Klingons in the mod? Such as, from a another universe?

Also, I love the that you implemented the possibility for mirror universe Spock to end up on the Enterprise. That's pretty hilarious.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 793
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/21/2017 3:29:15 PM   
rjord2021

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dakkon7

Have to agree with Jagdtiger14. Just from watching the trailer Star Trek Discovery looks like your typical pessimistic, edgy, super serious (but not where it counts), contemporary sci fi show; the Star Trek name is only there to draw people in. The producers/creators of the show look like they are only interested in doing their own thing, and I mean that in a bad way (like they don't respect/care or understand the source material). The actors sound pretty wooden too. And the Klingons look like Narn; dumb.

Anyway, are these new Klingons going to be a separate faction from the TOS Era Klingons in the mod? Such as, from a another universe?

Also, I love the that you implemented the possibility for mirror universe Spock to end up on the Enterprise. That's pretty hilarious.

Personally I am looking forward to seeing the original Enterprise which I believe will appear somewhere in the show.

Discovery is set around 2255 and the Enterprise has already been in service since 2245.
I do not believe we will see Christopher Pike who was the captain of the Enterprise at this stage.

A lot of damage was done to the show because one person leaked pictures of Klingons that look different to TOS Klingons. People assume this is how all Klingons look now but this is not the case.

The new look Klingons are called Sentinel Klingons which will only be in first 2 episodes as part of the 2 part pilot episode for Discovery. They were on on their own ship...also a leaked picture which people assume all Klingon ships will look like. Not the case.

Klingons still look like TOS Klingons.
Klingon ships will still be the D7 Battlecruisers that we expect from the TOS period.

The Discovery is built with an almost Klingon type appearance as it will need to go into Klingon space to deal with the Sentinal Klingons and not be blown up in a skirmish with the normal Klingons. The Discovery cannot look like the Enterprise as it needs to not be identified as a Federation ship.

The Klingons we have seen are apparently an ancient race of Klingons on board a sarcophagus ship that have woken up after thousands of years sleep and they apparently will be a danger to not only the Klingons but the Federation.... in the first 2 episodes we will most likely see the Federation and Klingons working together to deal with the Sentinel Klingons.

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/21/2017 4:23:30 PM >

(in reply to Dakkon7)
Post #: 794
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/22/2017 9:01:11 AM   
rjord2021

Work continued today on changing the dialog for 112 races in the mod....each race with 38 different pieces of dialog used depending on the good or bad relations between two races.

This means changing 4256 lines of dialog in the mod to fit and be unique with each race.

For example the general greeting by the Ferengi was
"Welcome strange one! We are the Ferengi. We are impressed by power and strength. Lets be friends, we could be unstoppable together!"

Maybe its me but I can't see Ferengi using dialog like this.

So with the mod it is a complete replacement of each line of dialog.... 4256 lines in total.... to give the dialog more realistic for each race.

And of the 112 races 19 of them have been created specifically for this mod and I will need to create the language style used by all 19 of these races.

Additional races are still to be added to the mod such as the Sentinel Klingons as per my last post to be seen in Star Trek Discovery. As the Discovery timeline will no longer exist it is assumed that the Sentinel Klingons will be active in the timeline of this mod.

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/22/2017 9:22:35 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 795
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/22/2017 9:25:36 AM   
rjord2021

The USS Discovery NCC 1031 has been added to the mod...... but it will be the only one of the Discovery class to be built.

I will not be following the storyline of the Discovery TV show as the timeline is different and the Discovery will have another mission.

Picture created in photoshop with effect used in this mod.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/22/2017 9:31:45 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 796
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/22/2017 10:01:02 AM   
rjord2021

Changes to Dialog for the Romulans

eg Originally the general greeting from the Romulans while testing the mod went as follows:

"Hi funny alien! Romulans we are.Friends with you, we be!"

This was changed to:
"Our scans show you have successfully translated our language and you can now understand us. Please explain your presence in this system!"

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 797
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/22/2017 12:40:16 PM   
rjord2021

The dialog is being hardcoded for use in the mod and this means that the races cannot be rensamed and given other names.

Below is an example of the dialog for the Romulans before sand after the changes are made.
The changes will be tested over the next few months and tweaked where needed.

Dialog Before
==============================================================================================================================
GREETING_INTRODUCTION ;Hi funny alien! {0} we are.\n\nFriends with you, we be!
GREETING_FRIENDLY ;Good to see you it is, friend. We help you, yes?
GREETING_NEUTRAL ;We listen. You speak
GREETING_ANGRY ;What you smelly ones want this time?

PIRATE_PROTECTIONPROPOSE ;You want us to protect you? Good idea!\n\nFor fee shown below we can 'protect' all your ships in our region for six months.\n\nReady to pay?
PIRATE_PROTECTIONPROPOSEINITIATE ;Galaxy is dangerous place, you know. Easy to get hurt.\n\nFor small fee we can protect all your ships in our region for six months.\n\nYou should pay up, hmmm?
PIRATE_PROTECTIONACCEPTRESPONSE ;Your money smell real good!\n\nNo accidents for your ships till we spent all the money, ok?
PIRATE_PROTECTIONREJECTRESPONSE ;No pay - no protection.\n\nVery simple, it is
PIRATE_PROTECTIONALREADYPAID ;You crazy alien! You already paid!\n\nCome back later. We take more money then
PIRATE_BUYINFO ;Here's all the secret stuff we know about.\n\nJust clicky-clicky on anything you want, ok?
PIRATE_ATTACKOFFER_EMPIRES ;We send big bashing on anyone on the list.\n\nJust clicky-clicky who you want bashed, ok?
PIRATE_ATTACKOFFER_SINGLEEMPIRE ;You not like {0}? We could do big bashing on them for you.\n\nDon't worry - we not tell anyone, ok?\n\nJust pay us {1} credits and we take care of everything.\n\nSound good?
PIRATE_ATTACKCOMMENCE ;We got the money. {0} getting a bashing!\n\nBye

PIRATE_ALLIANCEPROPOSE ;We spent all that money you gave us. How about permanent alliance with us now?\n\nGive us {0} credits every month and we protect your ships and attack your enemies, without you getting in trouble.\n\nGood deal, yes?
PIRATE_ALLIANCEACCEPTRESPONSE ;You smarter than you look!\n\nWe friends forever now - just keep sending that money, ok.\n\nHave to go now - we bash all your enemies!
PIRATE_ALLIANCEREJECTRESPONSE ;Silly alien!\n\nWe have to eat, you know. No pay, no help for you - got it?
PIRATE_ALLIANCECANCELRESPONSE ;Very, very bad.\n\nWe need your money - if you not give it, then we just have to take it anyway.\n\nNot too late to change mind, ok?

OFFER_FREETRADE ;You and us be friends - have Free Trade Agreement. Lots of money!\n\nSmells good, yes?
FREETRADE_ACCEPT ;We very happy to have Free Trade Agreement with you! Big feast time!
FREETRADE_REJECT ;No, we not want Free Trade Agreement.\n\nMaybe later, ok

CANCELTREATY ;{0} with you all finished. We had enough now
CANCELTREATY_RESPONSE_FRIENDLY ;We not friends now? We smell bad? What is it? Very sad
CANCELTREATY_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;Treaty over? Ok then
CANCELTREATY_RESPONSE_ANGRY ;We not like you anyway. You smell funny, and no good hunter.\n\nGo away now

TREATY_PROPOSAL ;Tell us treaty - we tell you if smell good or bad
TREATY_ACCEPTRESPONSE ;We make big feast! Welcome friends!
TREATY_REJECTRESPONSE ;You missing many big feasts, much good hunting. Think more - change mind

TRADESANCTIONS_IMPOSE ;Trade Sanctions on you now! No more feasts, no more hunting.\n\nWe teach you!
TRADESANCTIONS_IMPOSE_RESPONSE_ANGRY ;Bad, bad! You pay big time! Angry, angry!
TRADESANCTIONS_IMPOSE_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;Your goods were smelly anyway. Not hurt us
TRADESANCTIONS_IMPOSE_RESPONSE_SURPRISED ;No more trade? Why? We not friends now?
TRADESANCTIONS_LIFT ;We stop Trade Sanctions on you now.\n\nYou come hunting with us again if you want
TRADESANCTIONS_LIFT_RESPONSE ;Your goods still smelly. But we buy smelly stuff from you again now

WAR_DECLARE ;WAR on you! You in big trouble - we hunting YOU!
WAR_DECLARE_RESPONSE_EAGER ;We not frightened. We good hunters. You be sorry
WAR_DECLARE_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;We ready for war. Our spears are sharp!
WAR_DECLARE_RESPONSE_SURPRISED ;You all mixed up! We friends, have feast together - not war! Tell us is mistake

WAR_END ;Big hunting time finished now. We want feast.\n\nEnd war, yes?
WAR_END_ACCEPT ;Yes, we stop war now. Ready for big feast
WAR_END_REJECT ;No, we just started hunting. Not end war now. Not feast time yet

GIFT_GIVE ;We give you {0} credits. You can have big feast now!
GIFT_THANKS ;Thank you for money! All things smelling good!

WARNING_INTELLIGENCEMISSIONS ;Stop spying on us! We get angry angry with sneaky sneaky.\n\nNo more spy stuff - we warning you!
WARNING_ATTACKS ;Stop hunting our ships! All smells very bad.\n\nBig warning: we hunt YOU if not stop

WARNING ;What you warn us about?
WARNING_INTELLIGENCEMISSIONS_RESPONSE_FRIENDLY ;No missions on you, friend. We not sneaky
WARNING_INTELLIGENCEMISSIONS_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;Really? Not heard this. Will check about it, ok?
WARNING_INTELLIGENCEMISSIONS_RESPONSE_ANGRY ;Missions on you? Oh yes, we not like you - very smelly.\n\nSo we send missions. Maybe send more if you still smelly
WARNING_ATTACKS_RESPONSE_FRIENDLY ;Oh sorry. We mixed you up with someone else.\n\nNot happen again
WARNING_ATTACKS_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;That not good. We be more careful, ok?
WARNING_ATTACKS_RESPONSE_ANGRY ;Attacks on you? Yes - we not like you.\n\nWe send more attacks if you not behave, ok?

Dialog After that appears in the mod
==============================================================================================================================
GREETING_INTRODUCTION ;Our scans show you have successfully translated our language and you can now understand us. Please explain your presence in this system!
GREETING_FRIENDLY ;We would be happy to meet with you.... we have much to discuss with you.
GREETING_NEUTRAL ;Please explain your presence in this system!
GREETING_ANGRY ;We are creatures of duty Captain... I have lived my life by it... Just one more duty to perform...your destruction!.

PIRATE_PROTECTIONPROPOSE ;If you want protection from the Romulan Empire you must pay us a worthy fee as shown below.\n\nWe can 'protect' all your ships in our region for six months.\n\nDo you agree to pay what we ask for our protection?
PIRATE_PROTECTIONPROPOSEINITIATE ;This quadrant is a dangerous place with many Orion Pirates in the area.\n\nWe can protect your ships while they are in Romulan space for six months for a reasonable fee.\n\nDo you accept our terms for protection?
PIRATE_PROTECTIONACCEPTRESPONSE ;Excellent! We will ensure that your ships do not suffer any 'unfortunate accidents' until our next fee payment is due...
PIRATE_PROTECTIONREJECTRESPONSE ;Without payment the Romulan Empire cannot guarantee your safety...
PIRATE_PROTECTIONALREADYPAID ;You are wasting our time. You have already paid for Romulan protection. \n\nWe will talk again when next payment is due
PIRATE_BUYINFO ;The Romulan Empire is willing to share the following information with you.\n\nChoose wisely as our transaction will be final
PIRATE_ATTACKOFFER_EMPIRES ;The Romulan Empire will launch attacks on any Empires you select below.\n\nTell us who your enemies are
PIRATE_ATTACKOFFER_SINGLEEMPIRE ;Our Romulan ships will attack the {0} and they will feel the power of our cloaked warbirds.\n\nWe ask for {1} credits and we will send our warbirds to attack the will attack the {0}
PIRATE_ATTACKCOMMENCE ;Your payment to the Romulan Empire has been received and we will send our warbirds into battlke with the {0}\n\nWe will contact you later for any further need of our cloaked warbirds

PIRATE_ALLIANCEPROPOSE ;The Romulan Empire wishes to propse a permanent alliance between our people\n\nWe offer for a fee of {0} credits every month that our warbirds will protect your ships and attack your enemies.\n\nDo you accept our offer of a permanent alliance with the Romulan Empire?
PIRATE_ALLIANCEACCEPTRESPONSE ;You smarter than you look!\n\nWe friends forever now - just keep sending that money, ok.\n\nHave to go now - we bash all your enemies!
PIRATE_ALLIANCEREJECTRESPONSE ;You will not receive any protection from the Romulan Empire unless you pay what we ask for
PIRATE_ALLIANCECANCELRESPONSE ;If we do not come to an agreement on an alliance our Romulan warbirds could attack you ships and take your money and your ships.\n\nWe would prefer a peaceful alliance but if you do not choose to ally with us then we may just have to attack your ships.\n\nDo you wish to change your mind?

OFFER_FREETRADE ;The Romulan Senate wishes to offer you a Free Trade Agreement. What is your answer?
FREETRADE_ACCEPT ;The Romulan Senate is happy to have a Free Trade Agreement with you!
FREETRADE_REJECT ;The Romulan Senate does not wish a Free Trade Agreement as you have nothing we want

CANCELTREATY ;Our treaty with your {0} is cancelled as we no longer wish to deal with you.
CANCELTREATY_RESPONSE_FRIENDLY ;The Romulan Senate is puzzled that you no longer wish to have a treaty with us
CANCELTREATY_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;The Romulan Senate agrees that the treatry between us should end now
CANCELTREATY_RESPONSE_ANGRY ;You have nothing to offer the Romulan Empire and we suggest after cancelling our treaty that your ships stay away from Romulan space

TREATY_PROPOSAL ;The Romulan Senate would like to hear more of your proposed treaty with us
TREATY_ACCEPTRESPONSE ;The Romulan Senate is happy to form a treaty with your world
TREATY_REJECTRESPONSE ;It is dissapointing that you have rejected the treaty with the Romulan Empire.

TRADESANCTIONS_IMPOSE ;The Romulan Senate is now emposing Trade Sanctions on you and your worlds.\n\nWe will show you to have better respect for the Romulan Empire.
TRADESANCTIONS_IMPOSE_RESPONSE_ANGRY ;The Romulan Senate is furious with you for imposing Trade Sanctions on us. \n\nThis is not a wise move on your part
TRADESANCTIONS_IMPOSE_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;You no longer had any use to us. The Romulan Empire does not care if you no longer wish trade with us
TRADESANCTIONS_IMPOSE_RESPONSE_SURPRISED ;The Romulan Senate wishes to understand why you do not want to trade with us anymore.
TRADESANCTIONS_LIFT ;The Romulan Empire has decided to lift Trade Sanctions we had imposed on you
TRADESANCTIONS_LIFT_RESPONSE ;The Romulan Empire accepts that sanctions are lifted and we will commence trade again with you

WAR_DECLARE ;The Romulan Empire is now at war with you. You will soon meet our warbirds and suffer huge losses in battle
WAR_DECLARE_RESPONSE_EAGER ;The Romulan Senate is not afraid of you. We are the stronger race and we will crush your worlds
WAR_DECLARE_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;The Romulan Empire is ready for war and our warbirds will soon arrive on your doorstep.
WAR_DECLARE_RESPONSE_SURPRISED ;The Romulan Senate is surprised you would be foolish enough to declare war on us. are you sure you wish to continue this unwise decision?

WAR_END ;The Romulan Senate is offering that your war with us comes to an end. This is a one time offer we are giving you.\n\nDo you agree to ending the war?
WAR_END_ACCEPT ;The Romulan Senate accepts that the war between us will now end.
WAR_END_REJECT ;The Romulan Empire will not end the war. Your worlds will soon feel the power our warbirds unleash on your worlds

GIFT_GIVE ;The Romulan Empire has decided to improve relations with you and we give you {0} credits.
GIFT_THANKS ;The Romulan Empire thanks you for your gift which will improve your relations with us.

WARNING_INTELLIGENCEMISSIONS ;The Romulan Empire has detected your spying and espionage activity. We are now getting angry.\n\nWe are warning you now that we will not accept further transgressions against our Empire
WARNING_ATTACKS ;Stop attacking our warbirds! If you continue you will suffer the consequences of a full Romulan attack.

WARNING ;The Romulan Senate wishes to know what you are warning us about?
WARNING_INTELLIGENCEMISSIONS_RESPONSE_FRIENDLY ;The Romulan Senate denies we are conducting any missions against you
WARNING_INTELLIGENCEMISSIONS_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;The Romulan Senate has no interest in obtaining intelligence about your people.
WARNING_INTELLIGENCEMISSIONS_RESPONSE_ANGRY ;The Romulan Senate will send Intelligence Missions against you whenever we wish. We do not trust your people and you have a bad reputation throughout the quadrant.
WARNING_ATTACKS_RESPONSE_FRIENDLY ;The Romulan Senate does not know anything about these attacks against you.
WARNING_ATTACKS_RESPONSE_NEUTRAL ;The Romulan Senate does not consider your ships worthy of wasting photon torpedoes on.
WARNING_ATTACKS_RESPONSE_ANGRY ;Our Romulan warbirds will attack your ships any time that our commanders wish to. You will respect the Romulan fleet.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 798
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/22/2017 8:43:19 PM   
rjord2021

During the last 6 hours I have being going through Star Trek episodes and novels collecting data for the role play side of the mod such as trading, the Black Market, medicine, food,drink, energy, technology, weapons, cultural items and so on.

I am also assigning the rankings to every race mentioned in Star Trek for use in role play, landing party missions etc.
This will also highlight popular races that should be added to the mod if not already included.

So far I have grabbed this data for the years 2254 through to 2265.

Some of the things for example available on the Black Market will be Romulan Agonizers, Maraltian seev-ale, Denevan whiskey and different types of personnel phasers for example.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 799
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/24/2017 12:07:23 PM   
dopedwizard

Awesome work! Look forward to test it ones all features have been integrated at it is just a matter of fixing bugs.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 800
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/25/2017 5:12:22 AM   
rjord2021

If you play the role play version of the mod you will at times have the possibility of the following scenario.... the chance of this or a version of this happening being dependant on which tree the role of the dice takes you.

Mods have research trees.... this mod also has a timeline tree with various branches which will take you to various different versions of the timeline.

Below for example would be a scenario called "Kirk meets Picard meets Archer meets Kirk"

Will Deep Space 9 be in the mod......? possibly.
Will Voyager be in the mod...........? not likely as the Voyager mod is in development

Keep in mind that the Star Trek TOS story-lines included meeting Apollo, Abraham Lincoln, the Guardian of Forever, the Mirror Universe, time travel and so on.

I am keeping this going in the mod with various story lines which happen as a result of Khan, the Borg, Guardian of Forever and Mirror universe introducing things which never happened in the original TOS timeline.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/25/2017 11:10:36 AM >

(in reply to dopedwizard)
Post #: 801
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/25/2017 11:39:58 AM   
rjord2021

For the timeline shown in this mod to have altered so much from the original timeline there had to be a cause for that change.

And the cause can be found in 2286 when an alien probe arrives at Earth resulting in a planet-wide emergency. In order to find 2 humpback whales, Kirk and his crew do a time warp back to 1986.

They meet Gillian Taylor who helps them with obtaining the two whales George and Gracie. At this point it is important to know that Gillian has met Roberta Lincoln who is the companion of Gary Seven who has a history with what happened to Khan.

Kirk makes a mistake and instead of leaving Gillian in 1986 he leaves her on board the ship heading back to 2286.

However something goes wrong with the time warp back to 2286 and the ship arrives back in 2266 20 years earlier and the ship is damaged without parts needed to get them back to 2286.

Gillian Taylor is the key to the changes which effected the timeline. Going back in time and removing a character from the past has huge effects as future events, children, grand children etc suddenly never happen and this could lead to huge changes in the future timeline.

Not only should Gillian not have been removed from 1986 but the 2286 version of Kirk and his crew are also altering the timeline just by being there.

A result of this is that the entire Archer era is changed and Earth discovers warp technology in the Kirk era and not in the Archer era.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/25/2017 11:41:34 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 802
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/25/2017 12:38:41 PM   
rjord2021

I am still assigning rankings to every alien species seen in

Star Trek: The Original Series
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Enterprise
Star Trek: The Animated Series
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek Generations
Star Trek First Contact
Star Trek Insurrection
Star Trek Nemesis
Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek Into Darkness
Star Trek Beyond

I had to go back to the drawing board for the calculations to assign a ranking based on various factors after noticing some smaller races having a higher ranking than for example the Klingons.

Now i have the ranking calculation working perfectly and am going through each of the 429 races selected.

These races and the ranking play an important part of this mod and are designed to reflect the position of the race in relation to the others in 2266. As you can see with the Borg below they have a lower ranking in the Kirk era while they would be much higher in the Picard era.

Example rankings are:

Federation...... 19,400
Klingon......... 10,100
Romulan......... 7,660
Borg............ 3,900
Khan............ 1,720
Benzites........ 107
Acamarian....... 39

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/25/2017 12:42:06 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 803
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/25/2017 1:35:51 PM   
rjord2021

The rankings for the players used in this mod are also calculated the same way and you can see that the rankings show roughly the power that the character has in the Kirk era series. Personally I would have liked Scotty to be a little higher however I am happy to accept the results of my calculations.

If Q from the TNG period were added tom the list below Q would be in the 3rd position between Spock and McCoy with a ranking of 3,300. This tells me that even in the Kirk era Q was still a powerful character.

Trelane on the other hand, who was also a Q, was not so powerful with a ranking of just 70. This is explained in the Squire of Gothos episode where Trelane's parents appear at the end of the episode confirming that Trelane was little more than a spoiled child of his species who needed to be punished for effectively bullying lesser races. My calculations factored all this in that as a child Trelane was far less powerful than the Q seen in the Picard era.

Very happy with the calculations for the rankings.

The calculations will also be used in other areas of the mod such as trade, black market items, etc

Example of player rankings in this mod

Kirk.................. 5,880
Spock................. 3,950
Leonard McCoy......... 2,260
Sulu.................. 1,610
Chekov................ 1,440
Uhura................. 1,350
Saavik................ 830
Montgomery Scott...... 581
Janice Rand........... 376
Carol Marcus.......... 365
Christine Chapel...... 362
Gary Mitchell......... 301
Harry Mudd............ 205
Lee Kelso............. 199
Gillian Taylor........ 92
Cyrano Jones.......... 66
Dr. Elizabeth Dehner.. 32

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/25/2017 1:36:57 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 804
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/27/2017 8:16:49 AM   
rjord2021

The welcome to your empire opening screen is being changed to suit the traditional Star Trek theme.

James T Kirk receives his orders to report to Starfleet as captain of the soon to be completed starship Enterprise and to take the ship on a shakedown cruise of the Sol system.

The lower part of the welcome screen goes something like this but to be finalized.

Captain's Log
Humans are now ready to reach for the stars...and it is not too soon in coming. Over the last year we have made First Contact with a species called the Orion Pirates who are increasing their demands of us. Starfleet has assigned me as Captain of the Enterprise and my priority will be to make contact with these pirates and organize a treaty with them.

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/27/2017 8:20:35 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 805
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 5/27/2017 8:31:38 AM   
rjord2021

Deep Space Federation sensors will pick up the existence of new civilizations and the Enterprise may be assigned to meet the newly discovered life forms. If the Enterprise is the only ship built the mission will be given to the Enterprise.

If there are other Federation ships dice roll to see which ship goes on the mission. If not the Enterprise send another ship to the newly discovered system.

Keep an eye on it. If it is attacked you will need to warp them out of there. If there was a battle check that ship for damage or crew casualties.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 806
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 6/1/2017 2:48:33 AM   
rjord2021

In the 5 days since my last post I have redone the idea of how the characters and races will look like in the mod.

While testing I was not really happy with how the characters were looking..... the images were looking a little cheesy.

To try and make this mod look a little more professional I am now using a procedure to create the images for the mod

Example below:

Image on the left is a low quality image from the episode "Journey to Babel"
Image on the right is the method used for images in the mod

It is somewhere in between the TV episode and the Animated Series in appearance

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 807
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 6/1/2017 11:48:41 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

I still continue to strongly prefer the original Star Trek images..

I wonder why you modify them

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 808
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 6/2/2017 5:13:19 PM   
BigWolfChris

Tbf, done right, it opens up to using non-canon images that fit, and not worry to much about major differences in general image quality (Or differences between shows if you decide to use any image from outside of TOS)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 809
Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 6/5/2017 10:10:39 PM   
rjord2021

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

I still continue to strongly prefer the original Star Trek images..

I wonder why you modify them

The problem with using the original Star Trek images is that my mod would contain images made 50 years ago using 1960 technology along with images created in the last 5 to 10 years. When you look at them it is very obvious the difference in quality between the images and it looks a little strange.

So I need to do work on the images to make the difference not so obvious. Not only are the images required for Distant Worlds Universe but also for the role play option.

If you look at the picture below of James T Kirk.

The image on the left was taken from an HD screencap from the episode "A Taste of Armageddon".

I then use images like this to create an updated version for the mod as seen below on the right.

While there is minimal changes in the background, while there are some changes, most of the changes are to Captain Kirk where the character now stands out more in the picture, has improved color and in my opinion looks a thousand times better than the original image.

Instead of using stock footage I am also creating new pictures with different backgrounds which are similar to what you see in the New Visions Star Trek comic series.

I have shown before early versions of what I am trying to do ..... those were still very much work in progress and the picture below is much closer to what the final version will look like.

With creating mods it is all too simple to "burrow" stock footage but it is always better to have your own version in any work you release.

If I don't do the work on the images the difference in image quality will be very noticeable when this mod is released.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 6/5/2017 10:11:39 PM >

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI