Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: You just can't fix stupid

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: You just can't fix stupid Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: You just can't fix stupid - 9/25/2016 7:32:54 PM   
BBfanboy

But will they turn the ladder the correct way --- or will they flip it vertically?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 991
yes you can - 9/27/2016 4:30:23 AM   
geofflambert

I think the greatest vocalist of the last century was a woman, and her name is Judy Garland. The next greatest, in my view is also a woman.
Named Linda Ronstadt. I know she ain't so pretty anymore and she can't sing, anymore. I just adore her all the same.

Just a little tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FLN4MUROXk

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 9/27/2016 5:58:41 AM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 992
No, you're right, you're too stupid to fix unless we're... - 9/27/2016 5:44:23 AM   
geofflambert

Somebody managed somehow to change the header on this thread beginning with this page (34) from "Things to Ponder" to "Re: You just can't fix stupid".

Now I get lots of emails in my spam folder whose subjects are "Re:" something or "Fwd:" something. I always wonder how stupid the people are who send spam like that.
Where'd these idiots get that from??? Do they actually think people put that crap in their emails and in the case of "Fwd:" that their spam targets will actually forward the spam somewhere?
Well, somebody thinks they are very clever and have somehow changed the header on this thread. Thank you very much.

The remainder of the header for this post is ... trying to prevent you from breeding.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 9/27/2016 6:03:58 AM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 993
RE: You just can't fix stupid - 9/27/2016 5:46:57 AM   
geofflambert

Can this wise guy unlock locked threads?

Post #: 994
FU wise guy - 9/27/2016 5:53:42 AM   
geofflambert

We have a superhero in our midst. Most of you are not aware of him. He is known, by those that know him, as the "Dung Beetle".
He collects his own dung and when he has enough of it he rolls it into a ball and pushes it into your house, nay, even into your man cave.
Do yourself a favor and pour some "Liquid Plumber" on his head and the problem will go away.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 9/27/2016 6:25:56 AM >

Post #: 995
RE: FU wise guy - 9/27/2016 5:54:35 AM   
geofflambert

Post #: 996
stewpid - 9/27/2016 6:32:16 AM   
geofflambert

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 997
RE: yes you can - 9/27/2016 8:44:56 AM   
BBfanboy

Gotta agree with The Gorn on Linda R. She got attention initially for her album cover showing her on roller skates and wearing really short shorts and a tight top. Awesome, but her voice was also great and she wrote some classic songs. Then she got into her Mexican heritage and started doing mostly Spanish songs which did not translate to commercial success AFAIK.
I watched a documentary on The Eagles and they credited Linda R for giving them guidance on the music biz and giving them their first big break when she let them do a cover of "Desperado".
And AFAIK she stayed away from all the addictions that plagued so many great musicians of the time (and still do). That makes her a lady with a mind of her own in my books.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 998
I ponder on many things... just not right now - 9/27/2016 8:53:25 AM   
Orm

This thread has taken a weird turn. I need to watch some ducks, or chicks, to calm down so I can ponder on the deeper meaning of life.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 999
RE: I ponder on many things... just not right now - 9/27/2016 1:28:40 PM   
Anthropoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1000
RE: I ponder on many things... just not right now - 9/27/2016 2:01:21 PM   
geofflambert

I'm just too green and wordy.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 1001
RE: I ponder on many things... just not right now - 9/27/2016 3:48:44 PM   
Gandalf

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Somebody managed somehow to change the header on this thread beginning with this page (34) from "Things to Ponder" to "Re: You just can't fix stupid".

Now I get lots of emails in my spam folder whose subjects are "Re:" something or "Fwd:" something. I always wonder how stupid the people are who send spam like that.
Where'd these idiots get that from??? Do they actually think people put that crap in their emails and in the case of "Fwd:" that their spam targets will actually forward the spam somewhere?
Well, somebody thinks they are very clever and have somehow changed the header on this thread. Thank you very much.

Must be a bug/flaw in the forum software. I assure you it was not done thinking it to be clever... It was done for a single thread to emphasize the stupidity of people actually falling for a youtube tutorial to drill a hole in their iphone to replace the headphone jack.

With other forum software, IF you can change the topic for an individual post, it's not supposed to bleed into other followup posts unless in direct response nor is it supposed to change the main topic header at the top of the page. Even worse, now that it has been pointed out, the original poster can't use the "edit" function to correct it back to blank (no entry). The software doesn't allow it!!! More Goofy behavior, allowing a subtopic change and then not allowing it to be edited back if there was a problem.

Kinda ironic however, looking at it from the viewpoint of the forum posting program/designer, they really "Just can't fix stupid" when they allow a programming oversight like that into their forum software programming.

It might be able to be corrected by a moderator so if a moderator reads this go right ahead and correct it if you can.

Post #: 1002
Things to Ponder - 9/27/2016 3:53:03 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gandalf

quote:

Must be a bug/flaw in the forum software. I assure you it was not done thinking it to be clever... It was done for a single thread to emphasize the stupidity of people actually falling for a youtube tutorial to drill a hole in their iphone to replace the headphone jack.

With other forum software, IF you can change the topic for an individual post, it's not supposed to bleed into other followup posts unless in direct response nor is it supposed to change the main topic header at the top of the page. Even worse, now that it has been pointed out, the original poster can't use the "edit" function to correct it back to blank (no entry). The software doesn't allow it!!! More Goofy behavior, allowing a subtopic change and then not allowing it to be edited back if there was a problem.

Kinda ironic however, looking at it from the viewpoint of the forum posting program/designer, they really "Just can't fix stupid" when they allow a programming oversight like that into their forum software programming.

It might be able to be corrected by a moderator so if a moderator reads this go right ahead and correct it if you can.

Yes indeed it is a weakness of the software to allow anyone but the OP or Moderator to change the title of the thread - and I just did to put it back the way it was. Problem solved.

(in reply to Gandalf)
Post #: 1003
RE: stewpid - 9/27/2016 5:38:39 PM   
Chickenboy

OK. We'll honor your request for purity in the subject line.

Post #: 1004
RE: stewpid - 9/27/2016 6:24:33 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

OK. We'll honor your request for purity in the subject line.

You meanie.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1005
RE: stewpid - 9/27/2016 9:53:23 PM   
geofflambert

Well, I'm actually very proud of the fact that I can't be fixed (gorn looks down to make sure)and will continue on supposing that was a high complement. No I don't mean a complement of forumites smoking dope. Never mind.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1006
RE: stewpid - 9/29/2016 5:06:11 PM   
geofflambert

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1007
Teh meaning of life - 9/29/2016 5:15:18 PM   
szmike

Stating obvious (?) ... the guy on the left?

Post #: 1008
RE: Teh meaning of life - 9/29/2016 5:18:09 PM   
geofflambert

I'm addicted to watching those old, stupid "What's My Line" shows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf3WH6IXq2c and I was thinking 'damn, the resemblance is remarkable'.

(in reply to szmike)
Post #: 1009
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/29/2016 9:01:36 PM   
Orm

quote:

I'll start off this thread with this:
You're all probably aware of the Coriolus force and the fact that in the Northern Hemisphere low pressure areas, tropical storms, hurricanes and tornados roatate in a counter-clockwise fashion (as seen from my starship).
The opposite is the case in the southern hemisphere.

My question is this: If you play baseball in the southern hemisphere do you have to run the bases in a clockwise fashion?

My question is this: Does a curveball thrown in the southern hemisphere have a different curve than one thrown in the northern hemisphere?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Orm -- 9/29/2016 9:02:49 PM >

Post #: 1010
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/29/2016 9:44:00 PM   
Chickenboy

Well...yes....

A curveball (breaking from 12 to 6 o'clock typically) will be curving towards True (Magnetic?) South when thrown atop the North Pole.

A similar curveball at the South Pole will break towards the North.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1011
RE: Teh meaning of life - 9/29/2016 9:45:06 PM   
bomccarthy

quote:

I'm addicted to watching those old, stupid "What's My Line" shows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf3WH6IXq2c and I was thinking 'damn, the resemblance is remarkable'.

Fathering a child might have helped Burr's career in 1950s-60s Hollywood. He didn't have the star power of Rock Hudson to get past the stigma and was never given a chance at a lot of major roles.

Post #: 1012
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/29/2016 9:48:25 PM   
geofflambert

I'm not sure. Here's a curve(s) of a Brazilian ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1013
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/29/2016 9:49:27 PM   
geofflambert

And here's one from the Northern Hemisphere ...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1014
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/29/2016 9:56:06 PM   
Orm

quote:

If she is from the North part of Brazil then she is from the Northern Hemisphere. This calls for a further, closer, examination.

Post #: 1015
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/29/2016 9:58:18 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Well...yes....

A curveball (breaking from 12 to 6 o'clock typically) will be curving towards True (Magnetic?) South when thrown atop the North Pole.

A similar curveball at the South Pole will break towards the North.

Thank you. This makes things a lot clearer. But what if you play in Tasmania?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1016
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/30/2016 12:01:23 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

If she is from the North part of Brazil then she is from the Northern Hemisphere. This calls for a further, closer, examination.

Night before last I dined at a Brazilian Steak House where they serve all-you-can-eat meat, but I did not see her there. I will have to put my complaint in my review of the service there.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1017
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/30/2016 8:54:20 PM   
Anthropoid

Those are stretch marks I'm seeing are they?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1018
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/30/2016 9:10:27 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Those are stretch marks I'm seeing are they?

Or perhaps a tattoo that she thought better of?

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 1019
RE: OT Things to ponder - 9/30/2016 9:29:16 PM   
Anthropoid

This reminds of of that famous set of photos comparing actresses with and without makeup . . .

Sow your rose buds while ye may
For the flower that today is bloomin'
Tomorrow will be wrinkley and kinda gross looking . . .

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 1020
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: You just can't fix stupid Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI