Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Munda Point

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Munda Point Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Munda Point - 5/10/2016 12:27:05 AM   
Ronhudale

Anyone have any tips on the Munda Point scenario. I'm not sure how to approach it. I'm having a bit of difficulty. How can u use air power without a carrier or an airfield.
Post #: 1
RE: Munda Point - 5/14/2016 12:37:11 AM   
apesofwrath

So after much trial and error I finally cracked it, albeit in 47 turns and missing out on two other secondary objectives so others may have a better strategy. As often the case with OOB the historically accurate approach worked! I landed as many marines (v important, lots of jungle) heavy and normal infantry as I could afford, along with a Howitzer, on the beach in the extreme South East corner. Supported by two tactical bombers and two fighters. The town of Zanana is lightly defended and falls quickly. This sorts out your supply for now. I then constructed a defensive line by the first bridge to the West with the heavies and the infantry and began to extend my marines along the river to the North. The Japanese then launch an attack from their units massed around the airfield. If you draw them onto the bridge, you have them three on one and your bombers can hit the rear lines. The fighters are needed for when the Japanese fighters show up. By holding the bulk of his army by the bridge and pounding them you can then bring your marines over the river and flank him and mop up. Took me about 10 turns to break out. From then on its a case of working your way along the south and west coasts to take the next three primary objectives (airfield is quite heavily defended). Worth landing another force when you get the additional points to the North to start moving in on the final point and they can then link up to slug it out with the remaining Japanese around the last objective (the most northerly one) by which point you'll have him outnumbered.

On the question around air power you can exit your aircraft at the green exit points (one set are on the western edge and the other at the top) and then bring them back refuelled and healed next turn. Obviously once you have the airfield you can use that.

Hope that helps!

(in reply to Ronhudale)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Munda Point Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI