Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 5/5/2001 5:00:00 PM   
skukko

Peregrine: After 40+ updates during the prjocet, there just can't be anything new in this upgrade. FYI. mosh :eek:

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 31
- 5/5/2001 5:12:00 PM   
Hauptmann6

I keep getting connection refused messages all night(yes I am up)

Post #: 32
- 5/5/2001 5:15:00 PM   
Mikimoto

Hello. I can't downloas anything from Matrix. It says "server busy" or somethign similar. Thanks and Saludos.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 33
- 5/5/2001 5:22:00 PM   
Antonius

"server busy, waiting to retry".... I guess there is as much competition for the download as for a free parking slot in the Quartier Latin on a Saturday night :)

Wargamo, ergo sum

Post #: 34
- 5/5/2001 5:28:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: Peregrine: After 40+ updates during the prjocet, there just can't be anything new in this upgrade. FYI. mosh :eek:
FYI Well. There is lots of new features in 5.0. Lots of nice things and tweaks that make me happy. Point IS: There is so much useless stuff that I dont need. Scenarios for one thing..

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 35
- 5/5/2001 6:20:00 PM   
skukko

You'll need these scenarios because they are checked/corrected to work with 5th release. If you don't need them then its ok, but think about how many others will and want to play them. Also if all the changes are made to separate update-files, it would be very difficult to play with someone else, as there would not be any common base game anymore. But if you don't like to play against others, its ok. This leaves just those campaings. Do you play them? Look this as a answer to many other questions of this 5th release. This is nothing personal, but your questions are good. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 36
- 5/5/2001 6:25:00 PM   
Cromort

quote:

We announce all downloads there first and give those folks a head start. Then a couple hours later we post it here. I'll post to the other Forums and usenet in the morning... Oh what am I talking about... The 4.5 to v5 updgrade is now available on the download page. THe full version will be avialable as soon as it is finished uploading! Enjoy the weekend and our apologiesit took so long! I think you will agree it was worth the wait :D[/QB]
love you all peace and love :D ;) :D achtung panzer

Post #: 37
- 5/5/2001 6:29:00 PM   
choco

Grrr... I'm blocked at 46 % since 08:01 GMT and unable to reconncet....... i will go berserk...... ;)

Post #: 38
- 5/5/2001 6:30:00 PM   
Alby

get right has stopped downloading, and trying the old fashioned way, you get "web page unavailable" :mad:

Post #: 39
- 5/5/2001 7:14:00 PM   
murx

Wow, with kisses from Russia, er, uhm, (someone whispers, hey the Allies are close maybe we can run over and get POW, much better then Sibirsk and Gulak I guess), OK, with best wishes from the (formerly) Allied Military Zone... murx

Post #: 40
- 5/5/2001 7:20:00 PM   
ruxius

HUUUUURRRRRRAAAY !!! [ May 05, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 41
- 5/5/2001 7:37:00 PM   
Dedas

Paul!!! Could you please open up a mirror to the file somewhere... It aint very funny to just sit and wait when the server is busy. I dont know how many people that are trying to download the file just now, but it is a lot!!! (Okay I got an idea...everyone except me download the path, okay :)....)

Glory to the brave

Post #: 42
- 5/5/2001 8:03:00 PM   
jackssn

I've attempted to download the patch but I keep getting connection refused. Is this due to the number of people trying to get this? Thanks I just can't wait for the disk.

Post #: 43
- 5/5/2001 8:16:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: You'll need these scenarios because they are checked/corrected to work with 5th release. If you don't need them then its ok, but think about how many others will and want to play them. Also if all the changes are made to separate update-files, it would be very difficult to play with someone else, as there would not be any common base game anymore. But if you don't like to play against others, its ok. This leaves just those campaings. Do you play them? Look this as a answer to many other questions of this 5th release. This is nothing personal, but your questions are good. mosh
I play PBEM _only_. And do You think I am not familiar with Windows (95/98) enviroment?? :) There are only few main files you need to get 5.0 working (PBEM), and scenarios + other things are not those. With minimum files (+ new graphics), I would say that this patch would be around 20-30mb.

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 44
- 5/5/2001 8:18:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: You'll need these scenarios because they are checked/corrected to work with 5th release. If you don't need them then its ok, but think about how many others will and want to play them. Also if all the changes are made to separate update-files, it would be very difficult to play with someone else, as there would not be any common base game anymore. But if you don't like to play against others, its ok. This leaves just those campaings. Do you play them?
So you are saying, that there is no possibility to make one smaller zip-file that would include ONLY the files that are needed to update SPWAW 4.5 -> 5.0? Even without updating scenarios the game will start, won't it ;) And btw, you do not need any scenario files to play human vs. human games...random battles are more than enough, especially if one just makes appropriate map for the random battle ;) Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

Post #: 45
- 5/5/2001 9:35:00 PM   
Supervisor

:( I have downloaded netvampire, and when I try to get to the upgrade download page I get what I believe to be a page not available error in ie5. I try to use netvampire and I can't even get the size of the file (although I know 178+megs). I was wondering if there are some settings for nv that I could use that would make things work. Thanks for any assistance, Bob

Post #: 46
- 5/5/2001 9:36:00 PM   
Galka

quote:

Originally posted by choco: Grrr... I'm blocked at 46 % since 08:01 GMT and unable to reconncet....... i will go berserk...... ;)
Ya, I got bummped last night too, but I had 94%. Wahhhhhh!

"In light of my experience, I consider that your conclusion that the attacker needs a three to one superiority is under the mark, rather than over it. I would say that, for success, the attacker needs six to one or seven to one against a well-knit defence

Post #: 47
- 5/5/2001 10:05:00 PM   
Supervisor

a clarification, the error that I get is server not found. Bob

Post #: 48
- 5/5/2001 10:24:00 PM   
Cromort

why cant we even have a connection to www.matrixgames.com, overhere in europe, ;) "semper fidelis"

Post #: 49
- 5/6/2001 1:34:00 AM   
Waylander

To all you smug bastards in USA with ADSL/Cable/T1 I HATE YOU...I HATE YOU...I HATE YOU.. Stuck here in Thailand with a noisy 56k connection that generally gets me around 1.8-2.2K download speed. OK OK, lets have a game, you get the fast mode and i get defend with 4 extra 88's C'mon I dare ya !!

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival."

Post #: 50
- 5/6/2001 2:11:00 AM   
ktroniik

Looks like the download site is unreachable. I have tried to download the upgrade for the last 12 hours. If no mirror sites show up, could someone with a high speed connection send the file to me through ICQ or FTP, please? Then I could send the file to few people in Finland and in Sweden. That should reduce the traffic in the d/l server a little bit. Thanks. My ICQ: 41563609 AIM: ktroniik

Post #: 51
- 5/6/2001 4:21:00 AM   
LSirmans

I can't download anymore after 28% yesterday. So don't try it here in Oz... So close but yet so far... *sigh*

Post #: 52
- 5/6/2001 9:13:00 PM   
Figmo

Great news Paul - Thanks!! I've tried a few times and actually got in once but only got 30MBs of it. Guess I'll wait for my CD or try from work on the T1 line. Still great to hear it's there!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

Post #: 53
- 5/6/2001 9:18:00 PM   
johnfmonahan

Any news on the download front?

When in doubt, go on line.

Post #: 54
- 5/7/2001 4:46:00 AM   
Grisha

On the day I work, at the hour I'm working, I load up the SPWAW d/l page to see that the complete game d/l site is finally up. Chert. Well, at least I know it's up now. Thanks, Paul :) [ May 06, 2001: Message edited by: Grisha ]

Best regards,
Greg Guerrero

Post #: 55
- 5/7/2001 4:51:00 AM   
PanzerHiney

I am nearly euphoric. After 24 hours of get right trying to log on, it finally did. I am downloading at 35kb/s so far. Wish me luck ! :D

Post #: 56
- 5/7/2001 5:04:00 AM   
Cromort

Eureka its working 17% at 13.5kps "sieg heil"

Post #: 57
- 5/7/2001 9:52:00 AM   
Nemesis99

No way guys, I'm not waiting 7 hours to download the 4.5 to 5.0 update or 20 Hours for the full download. :eek: I can get as high as 75Kb/s with my connection but no matter what I do I can't seem to get any higher than 10 Kb/s in any of my attenpts to download SPWAW. :( I rather wait for the mirrors to be up.

Nemesis'88 ATG Olhó Canhão!! :D

Post #: 58
- 5/7/2001 10:56:00 AM   
Igor

How big is this file, anyway? The download page says 178 meg; but getright is told 178 million bytes; roughly 169 meg. Which is accurate?

Post #: 59
- 5/7/2001 11:08:00 AM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Igor: How big is this file, anyway? The download page says 178 meg; but getright is told 178 million bytes; roughly 169 meg. Which is accurate?
Both. One figure is with a kilo=1024 while the other is kilo=1000 :) 6 hours left for the upgrade..7K/s average.. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI