Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest Battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest Battle Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 1/8/2017 12:28:01 AM   
trebor6669

Ok

Thank you for all you do.
Looks like I'll need to start over.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 151
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 1/10/2017 8:27:20 AM   
Ferret69

Well with my return to CMANO mere days away [praise the lord!] I've been having to prepare for the resumption of my role as commander in charge of getting the convoys across and this time I think I've come up with a sound strategy.

My plan is borrowed from my Soviet enemies, A2/AD. I plan to create "bastions" around 600-800 miles across and 600-800 deep. Inside this zone no submarines can exist, these zones will be centred around places like the Azores and Bermuda [and yes I will be putting a pier if there isn't one, please have mercy]in these boxes my convoys will be able to sprint, free of the sub threat, also stationed here will be hunter-killer groups of OHPs or JDA, these will be able to quickly reinforce convoys if/when losses are taken. The new idea for the replenishment oilers is screwing up my other idea; to station oilers there. What I would now particularly like is one and a half ANG squadrons, F-4s would work nicely. My convoys would leave their home ports and travel at a regulation 12 knots between bastions, once reaching the bastion they would accelerate, making good time under the protection of the plane's wings. The biggest risk in the journey is the Mid-Atlantic Gap, same as it was in The Second Battle Of The Atlantic.

Ferret

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 152
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 1/21/2017 8:30:12 PM   
Ferret69

Quick note, after I ducked into the editor I've noticed that losing SURTASS ships does not equate to losing points.

Ferret

(in reply to Ferret69)
Post #: 153
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 3/1/2018 3:18:14 PM   
TheOriginalOverlord

Well life got in the way and I played around a little but have decided to come back to this one.

I added some mk48 to uss Spears...but forgot to check if the SSNs can even unrep.

I treated an .ini file from that then did a deep rebuild and reapplied the .ini.

Only error was one Venezuela field didn't have enough space. Not sure if that's an issue.

Now it has the damaged a/c ability from CoW.

If I can now figure out why my PC is acting up I may be able to play more than 15-30 lol!

Semper Fi!

Jeremy

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 154
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 3/1/2018 3:38:18 PM   
Gunner98

Glad there is still interest in this one.

If I knew as much about Lua when I built this one as I do now it would be a lot slicker but I think it is still a very interesting scenario. I'll put a note on my fix list about that base.

Thanks

(in reply to TheOriginalOverlord)
Post #: 155
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 4/13/2018 1:14:43 AM   
magi

well.... now that i have a new super computer... i dont know if i have time to dedicate myself to this... but im going to look at this again.... you know we were fooling with this over two years ago now....
version 1.5 is the latest update yes....

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 156
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 4/13/2018 6:02:27 PM   
Gunner98

Hay magi, welcome back.

This one is currently in the Community pack as:

Northern Fury 34 - The Longest Battle,1994

Although I think 1.5 was the last version with any substantive changes.

B

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 157
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 4/14/2018 11:20:39 PM   
temkc5

Finally got round to dedicating some time to play this scenario and what a scenario it is. I was reminded of my time playing WITP in terms of pace and complexity.

Oh you can tell the SEC the days of unrestricted submarine warfare are over.

Reforger by sea

Non mihi, Non tibi, Sed nobis

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 158
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 4/15/2018 1:58:51 AM   
magi

okidokie......

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 159
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 5/7/2018 8:44:28 PM   
RSMC

List of issued identified thus far. About a week game time into the run.
Venezuela – ASW helos not assigned to ASW patrols, targets not assigned to land strike mission
WP – SSN Victor 1 Reft is north of exclusion zone, not assigned to mission or route, seems wasted there.
Clarity that ammo is available only at Charleston would be useful in the briefing, or magazines at NY, Norfolk, Rota, Portsmouth, Brest,...
No victory points for sinking commerce raiders – deliberate?
Lua error on teleport of USS McCandless, appears on side Biologics.
F210 Emden message says check in at Portsmouth, actually appears at Gibraltar.
AOE-6 arrives ~1900 nm from Norfolk with ~900 nm of fuel. Sent to St. Johns for fuel.

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 160
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 5/7/2018 9:06:13 PM   
Gunner98

Thanks - I'll put that on my fix list.

B

(in reply to RSMC)
Post #: 161
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 5/7/2018 11:12:14 PM   
RSMC

One more - check ready timing on VP-90 at Glenview message announcing ready appears on March 3, but squadrons are still 24 hours to ready.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 162
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 5/13/2018 2:38:22 PM   
RSMC

Now about 2.5 weeks into scenario.
Issues:
FFG Barbey also reports in as Biologic.
Have only received 5 points for merchant ship unload (couldn't tell which site), I have had the military convoys docked at Charleston for more than 2 days, and container ship convoys sitting at Biscay, Channel, and Chesapeake unload areas for more than 3 days.

Questions:
Why would USS Victorious be south of Capetown? Seems an odd starting position.
A warning about the possible loadouts for the P-3Bs would be useful - took a while to realize the Mk 46 mod 2 torpedoes needed to make an effective ASW loadout are at Jacksonville, Roosevelt Roads, and Bermuda - hint to keep them in a rear area?
I am keeping hour by hour notes on what is happening - its too dry to call an AAR - let me know if you want it uploaded.

(in reply to RSMC)
Post #: 163
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 5/13/2018 3:03:28 PM   
RSMC

One thing found - Triggers for TAO/TAK/TAKR were all for merchant ship types not the military merchant types. Will see if that fixes part of the above.

(in reply to RSMC)
Post #: 164
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 5/13/2018 9:44:04 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

USS Victorious

RSMC - Although the T-AGOS have a wartime role of deep ASW, they also have a role for oceanographic research, and the Antarctic is ideal for that in the southern summer. That's why I put her there, and who knows, she might be useful.

If you would like to PM me with your notes that would be great. This is a beast of a scenario and I built it when Lua was more limited and my understanding of how to use Lua was very limited. So I will eventually get back to fixing it up. You're comments will be helpful.

Tx

B

(in reply to RSMC)
Post #: 165
RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest... - 6/30/2018 6:09:58 PM   
Vulcan607

Can we get some more air to ground weapons for the SAAF buccaneers. Impala 2s could be a useful patrol aircraft with a bit of firepower if it finds a target also wouldn't mind a few F1s but if you didn't add fighters then they won't come under attack (or will they?). (SAAF Alouette III isn't in the database! I want my K car!)

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 166
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: New 'Long Scenario' for testing NF 12.6 The Longest Battle Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI