Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Flying below the radar

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Flying below the radar Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Flying below the radar - 6/10/2016 2:44:24 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

I have personally always been a proponent of 'Game over Graphics' since way back to 'Tactics II', and have lived the life of real C2 systems that were decidedly 2D. However, I'm changing my mind lately, Command is doing it.

A real C2 system has a bunch of people monitoring it, real pilots flying the AC to give them prompts, pre-set warning parameters etc, in essence a staff within a system. The player doesn't have that, but we give him similar problem sets.

So without turning the game into a 'eye candy' flight simulator, anything that can be done to assist the player in making, what are in reality fairly complex, decisions should be done. As long as it doesn't affect the core elements of the game.

So: decision support - good; eye candy: bad. Tricky balance.

Just my $0.02CAD

B

Yeah the game will never be a tactical flight simulator like DCS but we'd like to do some deeper models and just want it to look better. It will be an opportunity to learn, try and be creative which keeps it fun for us.

Mike

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 31
RE: Flying below the radar - 6/11/2016 9:03:00 PM   
peterc100248

Mike

I simply cannot find the YouTube video on this subject ( of the 3D threat representations ) but you may have seen it, or one similar. My opinion...that would be an incredible addition to CMANO in the setting of a strike planner. For me, that would not be something I would use anywhere else but would be invaluable in laying out course and altitude threading of an airstrike package to a target. Ships are basically 2D, so it wouldn't be needed there for planning.

Pete

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Flying below the radar Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI