Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need Help Returning To Base!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Need Help Returning To Base! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need Help Returning To Base! - 6/18/2016 8:39:59 PM   
GaPete_slith

I have encountered a problem in the US Return to Base phase. It is telling me that the USS Langley has no valid port to return too. It's sitting in the eastern med, right next to Malta, where it came from. There are also at least two other ports it should be able to make and it cannot go to any of them. I tried destroying the unit but when I do, it destroys the TBD based on it. Then I try and destroy the ship again and it brings back the TBD, which it will no longer let you destroy. I'm a little stumped as to where to go from here and, I have also noticed, that routinely it is not letting ships return to ports that they are well within range of. This is particularly true of Japanese ships in the South China Sea that should be able to reach Japan but it will only let them go as far as Canton. Anyway, for now, if I could save the Langley I would be happy.

Attachment (1)

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.
Post #: 1
RE: Need Help Returning To Base! - 6/18/2016 9:33:23 PM   
Centuur

That's strange. The Langley is in the three sea box. That's a box the unit cannot get into at all, since it has 3 movement points. I don't know how it got there, but that is probably the thing which gives the problems.

This can probably be solved by letting the Langley stay at sea if you load the autosave from before the stay at sea phase.

I'm really curious on how you got the Langley in the 3 box, because that is where the bug originates...

Peter

(in reply to GaPete_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Need Help Returning To Base! - 6/18/2016 9:39:12 PM   
GaPete_slith

Like I said, there have been other issues about naval range and what box they go in. I wasn't 100% sure they were tech glitches or some rule thing I missed. Now I'm really wondering. Another weird thing, if you destroy the Langley and that plane comes back, it tells you it has a valid move, way up in Greece, even though it won't let you send it there.

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Need Help Returning To Base! - 6/18/2016 10:45:42 PM   
GaPete_slith

Thanks for the suggestion Centuur. That got me past the block, although, I'm still at a loss to explain how it happened in the first place. I don't know how the Langley got in the three box to begin with. Hopefully, now that it stayed at sea it'll be relegated back to the two box and can make port.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 4
RE: Need Help Returning To Base! - 6/19/2016 4:50:13 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaPete

Thanks for the suggestion Centuur. That got me past the block, although, I'm still at a loss to explain how it happened in the first place. I don't know how the Langley got in the three box to begin with. Hopefully, now that it stayed at sea it'll be relegated back to the two box and can make port.

You can also move it down to a lower section box in the same sea area during naval movement.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to GaPete_slith)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Need Help Returning To Base! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI