Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Taking Moscow - Supply concerns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Taking Moscow - Supply concerns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Taking Moscow - Supply concerns - 6/19/2016 12:12:09 AM   
Amnese

I'm new to WitE, and I'm trying to grasp the issue of supply.
I understand it goes out to the railhead, then out to HQs, then out to units from there.
I've been repeating the Road to Moscow scenario several times vs the AI, just trying to understand how this works, but I reach a point where it seems the railhead just can't keep up, and advanced units go low on supply. Is this inevitable, should I pause, build up fuel, then continue in one big push, or is there something I'm doing wrong? I've been trying to keep pressure on the Russians, not giving them time to dig-in, so hitting them constantly.

I'm near Moscow on Turn 10 [of Turn 17] in my present game. I got to Vyazma by about turn 5-6, but I haven't moved the lines much in 3-4 turns.

All my armoured units at the front are low on fuel, they're within range of HQ, and receiving supply/fuel from there, but it doesn't seem like much [20%/10%]. The HQs are about 23 hexes from the railhead, which is slowly creeping forward.

So, what am I doing wrong here?
Is this inevitable? Is it necessary to pause and rebuild fuel stocks?
Is there some way to repair rail faster to get the railhead up quicker?

Any other tips on things I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Taking Moscow - Supply concerns - 6/19/2016 4:00:52 AM   
rainman2015

I am playing the campaign as the Germans right now, on turn 5. There is not a lot in terms of a Soviet defense line in front on me and Moscow right now, but my panzer corps HQs are 24-25 hexes from the railhead, and i am of course having the exact same problem, 15-22 MPs or so, can't do much with that especially when doing any attacks and moving all your movement thru enemy hexes. Not much you can do about it other than wait on the railhead to get closer.

If you hang your HQs back to 20 hexes and stop the panzer/mot divisions from moving for a turn, you can burn your trucks and APs and do a HQ buildup, and you can fly in a little fuel to your forward units with JU-52s, but that doesn't help that much in the new versions of the rules. Other than that, you have reached max of your supply line, and while there, will hover at around 40% MPs or so.

It certainly feels realistic though...:)

Randy
:)

< Message edited by rainman2015 -- 6/19/2016 4:06:08 AM >

(in reply to Amnese)
Post #: 2
RE: Taking Moscow - Supply concerns - 6/19/2016 4:16:10 AM   
Amnese

Thanks Randy. I'd read about HQ buildup but wasn't exactly sure how to do it. I saw an [it seems] outdated tutorial that showed a link on the HQ unit, which apparently is now gone [unless I'm doing it wrong].

(in reply to rainman2015)
Post #: 3
RE: Taking Moscow - Supply concerns - 6/19/2016 6:57:43 AM   
rainman2015

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amnese

Thanks Randy. I'd read about HQ buildup but wasn't exactly sure how to do it. I saw an [it seems] outdated tutorial that showed a link on the HQ unit, which apparently is now gone [unless I'm doing it wrong].

Check out my 'Condensed Rules' set that is updated to the latest errata, which includes all the errata on supply buildup (hard to figure out what the rules are on that without the updated rules). I have marked thru all the obsolete sections also in the condensed rules. See the sticky in the 'Scenario Design and Modding' section to get them.

Randy
:)

(in reply to Amnese)
Post #: 4
RE: Taking Moscow - Supply concerns - 6/20/2016 1:51:49 AM   
Amnese

Thanks mate, yeah I found those earlier in the day and was reading through. Many thanks!

(in reply to rainman2015)
Post #: 5
RE: Taking Moscow - Supply concerns - 7/17/2016 3:55:04 PM   
Aditia

wtb link to those condensed rules :)

Or are they stickied?

(in reply to Amnese)
Post #: 6
RE: Taking Moscow - Supply concerns - 7/17/2016 8:29:43 PM   
Denniss

Stickied in scenario/modding section

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Taking Moscow - Supply concerns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI