Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Special Forces

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Special Forces Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Special Forces - 7/16/2016 6:09:02 PM   
Uncle Lumpy

Is there a minimum number of Special Forces units required to take out a Planetary Shield? And do they have invade first, or can they mix in with the other units in your invasion force?
Post #: 1
RE: Special Forces - 7/16/2016 6:31:34 PM   
Retreat1970

Special Forces are able to land successfully on a planet in the face of defences that would vaporize normal infantry. They are also harder for enemy troop types other than Special Forces to successfully target and damage. Special Forces will prioritize enemy defense facilities and planetary defense units before attacking other enemy troop types. These abilities make them very valuable as part of a large invasion. Because of their attack strength, they are also excellent at quick strikes on smaller planets.

One is good, two is better, or 10. If you read the line about prioritize facilities and PDU's, then you'll know what they'll do if invading alone or with an army. BTW the above is from the manual.

(in reply to Uncle Lumpy)
Post #: 2
RE: Special Forces - 7/17/2016 3:38:56 PM   
Uncle Lumpy

Thanks for your reply, Retreat1970. I've read the manual, too.
I went the over kill route. Landed 4 ships of 6 each SF. Planetary shield evaporated, and SF units almost took over the planet before my main invasion force could land.
Next invasion against a Planetary Shield I'll sprinkle some SF units among my invasion force and see how that goes.
BTW, I'm playing your mod version of mordachai's mod (if I understand that correctly) right now. Having a great time! Huge thanks to you and mordachai for all the great work

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Special Forces Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI