Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading oil

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Loading oil Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading oil - 7/30/2016 3:09:24 AM   
Gridley380

Can't seem to get tankers in Los Angeles to load oil. They load about 5000 tons and stop. Do not unload is set, no other port ops, docked, undamaged... any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or once the DEI falls is there some other place I can get oil for Australia? It seems to need a little in addition to masses of fuel. Abadan doesn't seem to have much surplus.

Scenario 28, if it matters.
Post #: 1
RE: Loading oil - 7/30/2016 3:41:40 AM   
BillBrown

How much excess oil do you have in LA?

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading oil - 7/30/2016 4:04:29 AM   
Jorge_Stanbury

It will depend on the scenario, Assuming scen 28: once you lose Rangoon/ Magwe and the SRA, there is very little oil surplus anywhere, so just simply send fuel instead
better yet: send supplies, turn off industry and save the precious fuel for your fleet.

This is my Allied PBEM game:
you can see I have only a few Godforsaken regions with surplus, not worth it

Your tankers cannot load because there is no surplus. Refineries have priority

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 7/30/2016 4:13:03 AM >

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading oil - 7/30/2016 5:05:44 AM   
rustysi

I haven't played as the Allies yet, but I've read here you really don't need to bring oil to OZ. Just let it run out, who cares is the feeling of most here. Bring fuel instead. Now when I get to the Allies I'll probably drag enough oil there anyway, that's just me. So in order to get enough oil stored in LA to load a tanker turn off your refinery there for a turn or two and you should then have enough excess oil to load your tanker. The reason it not loading is that the refinery takes all the oil before it can. Again not necessary, but that's how to do it if you wish.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading oil - 7/30/2016 6:49:33 AM   
Yaab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

Can't seem to get tankers in Los Angeles to load oil. They load about 5000 tons and stop. Do not unload is set, no other port ops, docked, undamaged... any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or once the DEI falls is there some other place I can get oil for Australia? It seems to need a little in addition to masses of fuel. Abadan doesn't seem to have much surplus.

At start, Boela and Babo bases have some surplus oil production. They are in Ceram and New Guinea, north of Darwin. Also, dont forget there is a surplus of oil in Sorebaja at start, so move that too.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 5
RE: Loading oil - 7/30/2016 1:11:41 PM   
Gridley380

49,998 oil (and 1.8 million fuel). Let's see what happens...

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 6
RE: Loading oil - 7/30/2016 3:26:23 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

quote:

At start, Boela and Babo bases have some surplus oil production. They are in Ceram and New Guinea, north of Darwin. Also, dont forget there is a surplus of oil in Sorebaja at start, so move that too.

Problem is Boela and Babo has small ports... which means long loading... while time is running out. Very soon Japan will come, so IMO, it is a much better idea to grab as much fuel as possible from the bigger ports like Soerabaja or Palembang; optimize tanker usage by running the most efficient routes for the very few weeks it is feasible

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 7
RE: Loading oil - 7/30/2016 3:29:56 PM   
Gridley380

Turning off the refinery worked, thanks everyone!

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 8
RE: Loading oil - 7/30/2016 11:01:56 PM   
rustysi

Don't forget to turn it back on.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 9
RE: Loading oil - 7/31/2016 1:28:21 AM   
Bullwinkle58

The Allied "load oil" mechanism is how the NWO checks for recruits with OCD.

The Moose

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 10
RE: Loading oil - 7/31/2016 2:32:10 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Guilty as charged. :-)

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 11
RE: Loading oil - 8/1/2016 2:26:24 PM   
jmalter

quote:

quote:

Guilty as charged. :-)

Yeah, me too.
Given the tremendous effort our JFB friends must use to run their economies, it's only fair that AFBs should pay some minimal attention to supplying Oz w/ Oil, & occaisonally check on allowing upgrades to aircraft factories.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 12
RE: Loading oil - 8/8/2016 5:43:48 PM   
Macclan5

quote:

I would only mention that - in stock game verses the AI for example - India seems to have significant reserves that will congregate at Madras if you develop the port / airfield to the fullest extent. Bombay as well.

It is stunningly simple to suck the oil out of Madras in short order and ship to Perth << against the AI>> and the port load time is very short. From Perth it makes its way as needed.

In my own questions about "resources" we spoke to oil in the bottom half of the thread.

Logistic 101 Clarification Thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4068928

Allied perspective:

Some veterans here feel oil is hardly worth the effort given shipping resources / danger threat / slow load time.

I will be a little bit contrarian because 10 Oil = 9 Fuel and 1 Supply. I think the marginal value is worth the effort to dump some oil into Australia for example via Perth....

One tanker load gives you 90% of the very same fuel in time and supplies without extra ships. There are a number of '8800 endurance' tankers available in the Indian Ocean theater that can make the odd run especially since Madras with a large port has a very short load time.

But it most certainly depends upon shipping needs elsewhere / needs for immediate fuel / needs for immediate supply / threat level.

< Message edited by Macclan5 -- 8/8/2016 5:47:43 PM >

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Loading oil Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI