Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

5 Pilot - 0 Plane Unit won't transfer off carrier

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> 5 Pilot - 0 Plane Unit won't transfer off carrier Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5 Pilot - 0 Plane Unit won't transfer off carrier - 4/16/2003 1:01:35 PM   
CEDeaton

I have an F4F-3 unit that lost everything except 5 pilots (all planes were lost). The carrier limped back to base and has about 27 System Damage, 0 Flot, 0 Fire. It's (badly mauled) companion SBD and TBF units have both come up to full strength, but the fighter unit is still at 0 planes despite there being plenty of planes in the replacement pool. Finally, I tried to transfer them to land and see if that might get them back up to strength and the order won't "take" when I try to transfer it to a land base. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.
Post #: 1
- 4/16/2003 9:50:38 PM   
Yamamoto

Is this a remnant or a read squadron? A remnant has a number and a slash in front of the squadron name and remnants never get reinforcements.

Roger Bacon

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 2
- 4/17/2003 4:41:28 AM   
jcjordan

Also if it is the regular unit, when a carrier upgrades to f4f-4's, you'll get replacements at that time to fill it out.

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 3
- 4/17/2003 7:16:06 AM   
CEDeaton

Yes, it's the "full" unit (VF-3), still with only five pilots and no planes. I have no F4F-3's in the replacement pool but I do have 36 F4F-4's. Hopefully it will upgrade soon. I'm out of ideas. I tried to transfer the unit to the Long Island, that didn't work either

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 4
- 4/17/2003 3:38:26 PM   
Hoplosternum

Hi,

Only 36 F4F-4s? ;)

UV only allows upgrades of squadrons when there are 133% of the full size of the squadron in the replacement pool for the allies (it's less for the Japanese). VF-3's maximum strength is 36 so there will have to be 48+ in the replacement pool before the upgrade occurs.

Usually this is good because it stops all your squadrons upgrading too soon and not being able to replace any losses, while dozens of the old designs sit unused. However in cases like a mauled F4F-3 squadron when there are no replacements it can lead to some bad results like you are experiencing.

Your squadron should upgrade in about a week :)

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> 5 Pilot - 0 Plane Unit won't transfer off carrier Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI