Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

General Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> General Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
General Question - 8/19/2016 2:24:56 PM   
krb3

What does "Fit" mean on the Select Unit to load screen mean. Tried to find in manual and could not find.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 2:43:55 PM   
jwolf

"Fit" means: does that unit "fit" into your ships that would be loading them. As you select more and more units to be loaded, you will see "yes" turning to the question marks. But I think this is a bit rough and you have to review the loading afterward or else it's possible some little fragments get left behind.

(in reply to krb3)
Post #: 2
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 2:44:44 PM   
Itdepends

Gives an indication of if the TF has enough capacity remaining to load that unit. If ?? Then the unit might fit, or some may get left behind.

(in reply to krb3)
Post #: 3
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 2:45:33 PM   
Lokasenna

It's an estimate from the game engine on whether a unit will "fit" within your transporting TF.

(in reply to krb3)
Post #: 4
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 2:46:34 PM   
dr.hal

Will the unit FIT into the ships that you have designated for it to ride in. If there is a "?" it means that there is a question as to whether or not it will fit. If it is a yes, enough said. However be advised that the fit changes the more units you try to "fit" into the ships loading. So you need to do calculations so that you have enough ships to fit the troops you want to load.

(in reply to krb3)
Post #: 5
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 6:33:36 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Will the unit FIT into the ships that you have designated for it to ride in. If there is a "?" it means that there is a question as to whether or not it will fit. If it is a yes, enough said. However be advised that the fit changes the more units you try to "fit" into the ships loading. So you need to do calculations so that you have enough ships to fit the troops you want to load.

And then Motorized Support waves goodbye from the pier anyway.

The Moose

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 6
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 6:41:15 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

No biggie, since Mot Support won't be able to unload at the (usually much smaller) destination port l

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 7
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 6:48:27 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

quote:

No biggie, since Mot Support won't be able to unload at the (usually much smaller) destination port l

Good point. I've begun, just with the USMC IDs, to leave it behind and try to get by with non-motorized support as much as possible. Then re-mate after the island falls. I understand from Symon's old posts the device type was intended to be a sort of boat-anchor for the Allies since it's no better at supporting than non-motorized (although it should be, trucks having more capacity than backs), but often the anchor is just too large for the timetable.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 8/19/2016 6:49:25 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 8
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 7:48:21 PM   
mussey

quote:

quote:

Excellent point. That just happened to loading the 27 US Div. The fit was good and in green, was verified at 100% loaded, yet left 1 personnel squad and much of the support. It also left behind it's divisional CO.

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

Post #: 9
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 7:53:58 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: mussey

Excellent point. That just happened to loading the 27 US Div. The fit was good and in green, was verified at 100% loaded, yet left 1 personnel squad and much of the support. It also left behind it's divisional CO.

Never load at a base with a good golf course.

The Moose

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 10
RE: General Question - 8/19/2016 11:56:55 PM   
rustysi

quote:

quote:

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Post #: 11
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 7:47:44 AM   
pwarner328

or a decent officers club

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 12
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 11:43:44 AM   
KenchiSulla

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

quote:

In some cases it is not a bad thing to leave the old man behind....

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 13
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 3:38:07 PM   
mussey

quote:

ORIGINAL: KenchiSulla

quote:

quote:

quote:

He played a quick 9, then must have flown a Catalina to catch up with his boys, because two turns later he was not with the fragment but with the larger portion. So golf and AE do mix...Or maybe it was a cloak and dagger deception to fool the enemy.

< Message edited by mussey -- 8/28/2016 3:39:40 PM >

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 14
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 5:25:57 PM   
AW1Steve

I have a special request and appeal to anyone asking "general questions", "stupid questions" or any question that doesn't really ASK THE QUESTION. This forum has a barely functioning search function at best. Unless we wish to have an endless array of the same , exact question asked again, and again and again..... let's at least TRY to make it possible for a newbie , or perhaps even an oldie to research the answer to a question. I'd imagine that it's usually the same people who have to answer the same question , they'd support me in this. While we appreciate the attempt to be self denigrating and humble how about phrasing the question as "a stupid question about----", or better yet how about "SQA----" as in "stupid question about". I don't know about other forumites , but I'd appreciate anything that makes it easier to search a subject without reading every single entry. Thank you.

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 15
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 5:53:58 PM   
Yaab

Hear, hear and banzai!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 16
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 6:31:29 PM   
Korvar

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

let's at least TRY to make it possible for a newbie , or perhaps even an oldie to research the answer to a question. I'd imagine that it's usually the same people who have to answer the same question , they'd support me in this.

[...]

I don't know about other forumites , but I'd appreciate anything that makes it easier to search a subject without reading every single entry. Thank you.

Upgrading/changing the integrated search feature would require an upgrade to the forum software, so only Matrix can change that. In the meantime, the best search method I have found is the following:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonboym

Note on searching the forum.
The forum search function can be a bit troublesome, firstly its better to search with less precise match ticked or to instead use google to search the forum. To google search go to google and type the following:-

site:matrixgames.com/forums +"War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition"

adding your search term at the end of that.

The search tip above comes from the excellent thread Useful Info for Beginners.

Now that I look at it, the thread is buried in the War Room and isn't even 'stickied' there!

I propose moving it to the main forum, making it a sticky thread, and if possible placing it right above where new general threads appear. If it is placed anywhere else in the stickies, it is likely just to be overlooked by new players. But the same people asking questions in the forums will be looking for the answers to those questions, and therefore they would have the best chance to spot the thread here:

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 17
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 9:17:49 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: KenchiSulla

quote:

quote:

quote:

He played a quick 9, then must have flown a Catalina to catch up with his boys, because two turns later he was not with the fragment but with the larger portion. So golf and AE do mix...Or maybe it was a cloak and dagger deception to fool the enemy.

Admiral Cunningham did exactly that - went ashore at Alexandria in his admiral's barge wearing full uniform and after dark returned wearing civvies. The fleet sailed that night.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 18
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 9:32:23 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Hear, hear and banzai!

Here, here, and bonsai!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 19
RE: General Question - 8/28/2016 11:58:51 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Hear, hear and banzai!

Here, here, and bonsai!

Is it just coincidence that that one looks like a gorn!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> General Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI