Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game freeze pc and beep noise

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Tech Support >> game freeze pc and beep noise Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game freeze pc and beep noise - 9/7/2016 11:58:34 AM   
Rickmer

Hi all,

I have got a problem with Waterloo Steam edition. After 5 or 10 minutes in game the game freeze my pc and a beep noise comes out of my loudspeakers. No mods are installed !

my sys see dxdiag

I don't have these problems with Gettysburg

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Max Power -- 9/7/2016 12:38:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: game freeze pc and beep noise - 9/7/2016 12:11:52 PM   
zakblood

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

(in reply to Rickmer)
Post #: 2
RE: game freeze pc and beep noise - 9/7/2016 12:12:33 PM   
zakblood

regarding beeping noises, that's another matter altogether

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

as that's hardware, not software

< Message edited by zakblood -- 9/7/2016 12:13:57 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: game freeze pc and beep noise - 9/7/2016 12:40:20 PM   
Rickmer

I don't have it with other games just with Waterloo.

< Message edited by Max Power -- 9/7/2016 12:41:14 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
RE: game freeze pc and beep noise - 9/7/2016 1:49:45 PM   
zakblood

well not one error in the logs, so anything else would just be guessing

(in reply to Rickmer)
Post #: 5
RE: game freeze pc and beep noise - 9/7/2016 1:55:24 PM   
Rickmer

I also tried mdsched.exe to see if my RAM is ok. It's fine. What could it be?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: game freeze pc and beep noise - 9/7/2016 3:00:15 PM   
zakblood

without anything to go on in the logs, anything else is just guess work i'm sorry to say

quote:

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

if none of these helped? and no logs from the game or anything in the report uploaded, for me either a bad install or something else altering the game and causing a crash.

so disable steam overlay, add game to your anti virus engine or at least check it's logs, reinstall all the pre requisite and or Verify Integrity of Game Cache
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

disable as many programs you have running on startup, and see if selective start up without them running alters the ability to play for longer or at all

Try running Steam as administrator:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5688-ifhz-2170

Download DirectX9 file installer:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Run and extract it to a folder of your choice. Open that folder and find a file named "DXSETUP.exe". Run and let it install a full version of DirectX9c, for a manual setup as it won't hurt but will check for errors on a reinstall...

< Message edited by zakblood -- 9/7/2016 3:03:17 PM >

(in reply to Rickmer)
Post #: 7
RE: game freeze pc and beep noise - 9/9/2016 3:00:48 PM   
VPaulus

Check if your system is overheating. Scourge of War games can be very demanding.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Tech Support >> game freeze pc and beep noise Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI