Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/8/2016 9:04:25 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ormbane

The question of what makes or keeps a forum friendly is interesting. It seems, however, that no matter how friendly and welcoming a forum is in our modern world sooner or later trolls happen. I recently read a synopsis of one study that was done on the nature of trolls. Some people were identified and interviewed that frequently troll forums, and their "real lives" were examined as well. Unfortunately the synopsis didn't go into what psychological factors may or may not have led people to become trolls, but the synopsis reported that the study concluded that trolls, in general, are "losers" (their word, not mine) in real life. So, given that trolls happen, the common folk wisdom that has grown up is simply, "don't feed the trolls" in order to keep a discussion on track and friendly, whereas the purpose of trolls is normally to get things off track and argumentative (or worse).

That said, I personally enjoy this forum and treasure the straight, matter-of-fact input from people like Geofflambert and the gentle, patient but precise responses from people like Alfred

You forgot to put the words "extremely rare" before the word "straight".

(in reply to Ormbane)
Post #: 61
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/8/2016 11:56:56 PM   
Timotheus

In the USA and Western Europe, anytime someone states something challenging and/or controversial there are usually two reactions:
1) He's a troll, ignore what he wrote, usually followed by
2) Ban him and delete what he wrote.

Pathetic. Scary that old marines and soldiers have reached this level of "I need my safe space". Expected better... Shouldn't have. I guess western society is worse off now than I expected.

I stand by what I said, several attempts at derailing and (just terrible) puns and jokes notwithstanding.

This game is an incredibly complicated one. But whereas in other games/hobbies people who love said games/hobbies make every effort to promote, entice, and then to help new "recruits" (so to speak), here there is none of that.

The "old guard" does zero effort to help their hobby (i.e. WITPAE).

Their effort, such as it is, is limited to deigning to a reply to a forum post asking for help on a specific topic... or making a joke about it. Or putting down a complete newbie who does a youtube series to promote the game (granted, he was terrible, but he is learning and actually not making many mistakes now).

There was some effort at tutorials/guides.... but that happened roughly 10-15 years ago.

What is needed is actual guides and tutorials, ones that are hopefully after the year A.D. 2000!

What guides there are are scattered all over the place, some are in the (terrifyingly mismanaged, just a mess) sticky section - many are not and so are lost in the forum.

I expect a comeback of "troll" and "ban" - par for the course, when there are no arguments and dealing with a modern western "man".
I also expect the "Use the forum search function!", which is also expected due to lazy, zero effort of the "old guard" to grow the community and help newcomers.

A lot of this stems from matrix forums - they are godawful and their design is the worst I've seen. Clutter everywhere, sticky topics of a sale that happened 5 years ago blocking the page, actual helpful posts and tutorials and guides either very hard to find in the "stickies" topics or not there at all ("Use the forum search function!" - yeah, right, good luck with that).

So, zero effort to grow and help the community, those who do their efforts are lost in the ether and hard to find.

PS
Someone make a youtube guide with voice over that can be actually understood, for ***** sake. That's the minimum that should happen.
I would argue that matrix, the company, SHOULD ITSELF do this - video tutorials on youtube/matrix page.

But we're dealing with a company stuck in the 1980's boardgame era who are proud to sell/move as few units as possible (despite having some fantastic games, like Distant Worlds which I wrote a guide for), and zero marketing and promotional know how.

So, I expect some pithy, terrible puns and jokes, perhaps a ban and nothing to change ("We are working on the stickies" - yeah, when in an American company an exec/employee says to expect something to happen as they are "working on it".... it will happen...after 25 years or so).

Extra:
Look up Steam. See that GUIDE tab on every game? If a game is complicated and the community needs it, members will STEP UP and write/post a guide or two to help new players. See how easy it is to organize something like that ("But we have WAR ROOM" - yeah, it's not clear what the **** it is, really, and what should go in there. GUIDE is much clearer).

Look up Distant Worlds on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/261470/guides/?searchText=&browsefilter=mostrecent&browsesort=creationorder&requiredtags%5B%5D=-1

One of these guides is mine, actually, as I really loved this game and played the heck out of it and wanted others to experience it - and they were stopped by "game plays itself" and "what do I do, there are no guides and it's so complicated".

Seriously, matrix, I love your hardcore, niche games, but your website and forum suck. They are bad even by 1980 BBS standards! Disorganized, unhelpful mess for every game.

Grab your ***** and fix your ****, matrix.

NEWBIE GUIDE Distant Worlds Universe
http://tinyurl.com/k3frrle

War in the Pacific Poradnik po Polsku
http://tinyurl.com/nxd4cesh

INSTALL WITPAE on modern PC
https://tinyurl.com/l5kr6rl

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 62
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 12:28:42 AM   
Canoerebel

Brother, you need to look in the mirror. The reflection you see of the snarky, snarly, unfriendly person is you.

(in reply to Timotheus)
Post #: 63
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 12:40:45 AM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timotheus

They are bad even by 1980 BBS standards! Disorganized, unhelpful mess for every game.
I know I'm getting old and forgetful but I don't recall any on-line forums in the 1980's. Heck, it was the mid 1990's before I got a computer with a modem and that was 19.9 kilo-bits dial-up. And even then I don't recall anything like Matrix around. Did I miss something?

Ronnie

(in reply to Timotheus)
Post #: 64
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 12:48:15 AM   
Will_L_OLD

Thanks for making me spray my drink through my nose
quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

People always left when I entered a bar and wanted to talk with em They said behind my back "not this guy again wanna talk about his latest carrier battle in some BS computer game"

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 65
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 12:49:18 AM   
rkr1958

By the way I've got birthday coming up this month and was thinking about getting WiTP-AE as a present for myself. I'm an avid MWiF player. I've done several solo (MWiF) AAR's and I'm currently in a two-player AAR. I really love MWiF and do devote a lot of time to it. I also enjoy the naval part of MWiF, especially in the Pacific. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger (i.e., buying this game) is my concern of balancing gaming time (especially if I add this game given my devotion to MWiF) with family, life, work and, oh ... football (college and pro).

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 66
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 12:59:41 AM   
geofflambert

Family, life and work. I am unfamiliar with these concepts.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 67
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 1:16:00 AM   
geofflambert

Timotheus -

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 9/9/2016 1:27:53 AM >

Post #: 68
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 1:16:04 AM   
btd64

quote:

In the USA and Western Europe, anytime someone states something challenging and/or controversial there are usually two reactions:

Pathetic. Scary that old marines and soldiers have reached this level of "I need my safe space". Expected better... Shouldn't have. I guess western society is worse off now than I expected.

I stand by what I said, several attempts at derailing and (just terrible) puns and jokes notwithstanding.

This game is an incredibly complicated one. But whereas in other games/hobbies people who love said games/hobbies make every effort to promote, entice, and then to help new "recruits" (so to speak), here there is none of that.

Their effort, such as it is, is limited to deigning to a reply to a forum post asking for help on a specific topic... or making a joke about it. Or putting down a complete newbie who does a youtube series to promote the game (granted, he was terrible, but he is learning and actually not making many mistakes now).

There was some effort at tutorials/guides.... but that happened roughly 10-15 years ago.

What is needed is actual guides and tutorials, ones that are hopefully after the year A.D. 2000!

What guides there are are scattered all over the place, some are in the (terrifyingly mismanaged, just a mess) sticky section - many are not and so are lost in the forum.

I expect a comeback of "troll" and "ban" - par for the course, when there are no arguments and dealing with a modern western "man".
I also expect the "Use the forum search function!", which is also expected due to lazy, zero effort of the "old guard" to grow the community and help newcomers.

A lot of this stems from matrix forums - they are godawful and their design is the worst I've seen. Clutter everywhere, sticky topics of a sale that happened 5 years ago blocking the page, actual helpful posts and tutorials and guides either very hard to find in the "stickies" topics or not there at all ("Use the forum search function!" - yeah, right, good luck with that).

So, zero effort to grow and help the community, those who do their efforts are lost in the ether and hard to find.

PS
Someone make a youtube guide with voice over that can be actually understood, for ***** sake. That's the minimum that should happen.
I would argue that matrix, the company, SHOULD ITSELF do this - video tutorials on youtube/matrix page.

But we're dealing with a company stuck in the 1980's boardgame era who are proud to sell/move as few units as possible (despite having some fantastic games, like Distant Worlds which I wrote a guide for), and zero marketing and promotional know how.

So, I expect some pithy, terrible puns and jokes, perhaps a ban and nothing to change ("We are working on the stickies" - yeah, when in an American company an exec/employee says to expect something to happen as they are "working on it".... it will happen...after 25 years or so).

Extra:
Look up Steam. See that GUIDE tab on every game? If a game is complicated and the community needs it, members will STEP UP and write/post a guide or two to help new players. See how easy it is to organize something like that ("But we have WAR ROOM" - yeah, it's not clear what the **** it is, really, and what should go in there. GUIDE is much clearer).

Look up Distant Worlds on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/261470/guides/?searchText=&browsefilter=mostrecent&browsesort=creationorder&requiredtags%5B%5D=-1

One of these guides is mine, actually, as I really loved this game and played the heck out of it and wanted others to experience it - and they were stopped by "game plays itself" and "what do I do, there are no guides and it's so complicated".

Seriously, matrix, I love your hardcore, niche games, but your website and forum suck. They are bad even by 1980 BBS standards! Disorganized, unhelpful mess for every game.

You know, in the beginning I tried to be friendly to you, but you have made that attempt a waste of time. Do us all a favor and disappear. Never though I would say that to anyone, but you have gone way over the edge. If you have a better place to go, then GO. I for one Like the Matrix Forums and I'm sure a lot to the people here agree. And that is all I have to say to you....GP

PS: My friends, stop giving this waste product more attention. Close the thread......

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Timotheus)
Post #: 69
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 1:31:07 AM   
T Rav

There is a reason why I keep coming to this forum. It isn't for the knuckle-heads like the guy that started this thread, it's for the wise ones that are on here. I've been a lurker for almost a decade... thank you for your support.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 70
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 1:33:32 AM   
jmalter

The OP has earned my red dot in record time, less than 24 hrs. Congratulations!

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 71
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 1:50:56 AM   
geofflambert

We need to defend the game and the forum so that people who stop by to look don't swallow what the odd Timotheus says, someone who is into fantasy games and not historical games. I think that is his fundamental problem. This is the best historical wargame in existence bar nothing, even trolls. He should return to the games he likes and the forums he likes and stop vandalizing this one. Our moderator will not block him and shouldn't. He's clearly intelligent but hasn't been particularly abusive in a personal fashion, hasn't talked about politics or religion. He doesn't understand that this is not just a game. It's the best simulation I've ever seen attempted of historical fact. Gorns are not real, I just do that for laughs. What is STEAM? Is that for laughs too?

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 72
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 1:57:33 AM   
wdolson

Let's not resort to personal attacks. The OP expressed an opinion. He is right that there are too many sticky posts and there has been a recent discussion about that.

On the other comments, I do disagree that this forum is unkind to newbies. Some people are gruff and there is some tomfoolery that could be mistaken for something else by a new member. I have seen the same questions brought up over and over again, but while sometimes they might get answered with a link to a previous discussion, often they get an all new answer from one of the old hands.

This game has one of the toughest learning curves of any game out there, even with help. It takes a while just to get competent and I'm not sure it can be mastered.

Anyway, please keep the comments polite. While I don't completely agree with the OP, he has a right to express his opinion. Maybe if we had some examples where newbies were being treated unfairly, we could address those instances.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 73
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 2:34:33 AM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson
This game has one of the toughest learning curves of any game out there, even with help. It takes a while just to get competent and I'm not sure it can be mastered.
How would you compare this game's learning curve and ability to play competently to that of MWiF?

Ronnie

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 74
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 2:36:18 AM   
scout1

quote:

PS

Extra:

Dude, you appear to expect the world handed to you ... and when it isn't you go postal on those who have preceded you ... If you truly want to learn the game, get off your duff and invest some time. If you don't want to .... move along doggie as all you are doing is bellyaching about what you expect others to do for you ...

(in reply to Timotheus)
Post #: 75
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 2:37:21 AM   
btd64

Are you talking about "world in flames"?....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 76
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 2:49:53 AM   
desicat

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

We need to defend the game and the forum so that people who stop by to look don't swallow what the odd Timotheus says, someone who is into fantasy games and not historical games. I think that is his fundamental problem. This is the best historical wargame in existence bar nothing, even trolls. He should return to the games he likes and the forums he likes and stop vandalizing this one. Our moderator will not block him and shouldn't. He's clearly intelligent but hasn't been particularly abusive in a personal fashion, hasn't talked about politics or religion. He doesn't understand that this is not just a game. It's the best simulation I've ever seen attempted of historical fact. Gorns are not real, I just do that for laughs. What is STEAM? Is that for laughs too?

Gorns are not real? Shirly you jest?

Steam was used to provide engine power for naval vessels after wind power. Steam generation took many forms from wood to coal to petroleum products to nuclear power.

Post #: 77
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 2:53:09 AM   
Anachro

Pseudo societal analysis, aside, I agree that there are various ways the forum can be improved and reorganized. As a newbie, I too found trying to digest the (immense) information and help in the forum a chaotic process. However, not debilitatingly so; it just required extra effort on my part, some trial-and-error, and a Guadalcanal PBEM where I really began to learn the game. Yes, the War Room and other sub-forums could use some re-organization and skillful pruning of unneeded topics and stickies, but there is already a thread on this which I hope will see some action taken.

However, the people on the forum are very helpful when asked and I don't know where that outburst comes from. Instead of making incendiary comments and adopting a negative tone, be constructive. Maybe you can help in making the guide you want, perhaps an all-in-one thread with helpful links, suggestions, and information. Get it stickied. Anyways, all I ask is that is that you stick around for a bit and try learning about the community a little bit more, Timotheus. I'd hate for you to turn away and not buy a (great) game because of two threads that you made and the reaction to them.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 9/9/2016 2:54:55 AM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 78
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 3:00:54 AM   
reg113

I have just used the 'Green Button' for the very first time on the OP!

"Life's a b***h, then you die."

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 79
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 3:47:37 AM   
wdolson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958
How would you compare this game's learning curve and ability to play competently to that of MWiF?

World in Flames? I've never played the game, so I can't say.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 80
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 4:15:37 AM   
nashvillen

He could always just change the title and the first post to "Ignore this" and watch the fun...

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 81
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 4:45:35 AM   
CaptBeefheart

I need to chime in here and note that this is the most responsive and helpful game forum I've ever come across. I think asking a question with some humility and a description of prior research, however minimal, works wonders. Some of the commenters can be a bit rude, but hey, those are just pixels, right? Not sticks and stones.

I've asked questions on a couple of Steam forums and it's crickets chirping for a response. As the Gorn points out, this forum here is the most active one at Matrix and probably one of the most active in all of computer gaming.

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 82
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 5:22:02 AM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Are you talking about "world in flames"?....GP
Yes.

Ronnie

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 83
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 5:32:23 AM   
Auchinleck

< Message edited by Auchinleck -- 9/9/2016 5:39:04 AM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 84
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 5:52:48 AM   
Yaab

Timotheus, I do not get that thing about the forum design. Have you noticed how printed books are stuck in 1500s design? Rows of black text on white background? Even the e-books? Seems no-one came up with a better design for transmitting tons of information in written form. The Matrix forum seems functional to me.

Now, I agree that game of such complexity as WITP:AE needs an in-game tutorial. The tutorial is mentioned in the game manual, but for whatever reason it didn't make it into the final game. The forum's advice has been to start playing the Coral Sea scenario from both sides, read the manual and ask questions in the forums. The "search" function is working and anything written (other then caustic "No" posts) by user called Alfred is worth saving for reference, especially his guides like supply or repair ones.

As for Distant Worlds, this game forum has military and ex-military men, with family histories touching the Pacific conflict. Expect the folks with real life experience to correct any of your ideas about the Pacific war and military operations. You won't find it in a science-fiction game, which is a fantasy and can have teenage, armchair experts with no real-life experience.

Actually, you have it easy now. Two, three years ago, your newbie question could have been whacked by an irritated Symon. How time flies.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 9/9/2016 5:59:19 AM >

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 85
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 6:06:21 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

quote:

warspite1

They are both complex games, they both need time to understand let alone master. From an intellectual point of view, if you can understand MWIF then you can certainly get to grips with WITP-AE.

So learning curve is not an 'issue'. More importantly these two are very, very different games and so its not just a question of the learning curve, its what you want from a game and what you find fun.

FWIW I would say (and of course this depends how much spare time you can devote) if you were to set out to learn WITP-AE then you would need to give MWIF a miss for a good while in order to really get under the hood of this game.

That said there are the smaller scenarios. These will give you a feel for what WITP-AE is about and how it plays in a managed way before taking the plunge.

Personally I do not regret buying WITP-AE - and I still hope to come back to it when I retire.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 86
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 6:24:52 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Pathetic.

warspite1

Well I wrote a lengthy considered piece that neither referred to you as a troll or suggested a ban. I simply disagreed with you and stated why.

But then if you bothered to read the post you would know this. Clearly you have no wish to further 'reasonable' argument but, having failed to get most people suitably riled you are now simply upping the ante by repeating what you've said (and have been challenged on) and then adding ridiculous comments like this:

quote:

yeah, when in an American company an exec/employee says to expect something to happen as they are "working on it".... it will happen...after 25 years or so).

Ah... good one. That says much about what you are trying to achieve here.

quote:

But as said above, just as you have made your feelings clear, so have others. You accuse people of poor behaviour but are exhibiting the same yourself.

quote:

A lot of this stems from matrix forums - they are godawful and their design is the worst I've seen.

Okay - I hear you. Your opinion. I have many times said on the General Discussion forum how much I like the Matrix layout and have asked them not to change it. My opinion.

quote:

So you completely ignore how successful this game has been - how popular the forum is and repeat a charge that has already been dealt with and shown to be wrong.

quote:

quote:

As said, just plain wrong. But please provide examples.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Timotheus)
Post #: 87
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 6:59:00 AM   
bradfordkay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

People always left when I entered a bar and wanted to talk with em They said behind my back "not this guy again wanna talk about his latest carrier battle in some BS computer game"

That is a common problem for denizens of this forum...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 88
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 7:23:01 AM   
bradfordkay

"There was some effort at tutorials/guides.... but that happened roughly 10-15 years ago.

What is needed is actual guides and tutorials, ones that are hopefully after the year A.D. 2000! "

The use of hyperbole is all fine and dandy in many arguments, but when you are asking for help to use it in such a manner is counter productive. The game system wasn't even out in the year 2000. Uncommon Valor (the first - test - game released with this game system) came out in 2002, War in the Pacific two years later and - IIRC - Admiral's Edition came out in 2010. The latter was the work of a dedicated group of forum members who felt that the classic War in the Pacific could be improved upon. They made a proposal to Matrix who gave them the "go ahead" and Admiral's Edition is the result. So when you talk about how "unhelpful" this forum and its members are, you are ignoring the fact that this particular game is the product of that forum.

Matrix has an employee who is tasked with continuing to update and patch this game six years after its release. Name another computer gaming company that offers such support for a game after that many years without a new release that demands payment from the users.

Buy the game, read the manual and try it out. If you like serious historical detail in your gaming this game is impossible to beat. If you have questions about the actual gameplay you will get answers.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 89
RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming - 9/9/2016 8:27:59 AM   
LoBaron

Timotheus, I do agree with you that many of the essential guides and the tutorial vidos are old (not to say ancient). Also - if you are of the unpatient type - they are scattered accross the forums in a more or less unorganized fashion.

You need to take into account this game was released 7 years ago, by a small group of enthusiasts (Henderson group) which had to fight to even get the most superficial access to source code. Most of the stuff they had to do on the surface. Said source code was done for the original WitP in 2004, and is based on an even older one.

You are accusing a game that is ancient of being old. I do not see the point here.

If you look beneath the surface you will find everything you need to understand how WitP works on this very forum. And if you do, you will notice that what is presented here is waaaaay beyond what you with your very limited knowledge call

quote:

...statements which actually I find personally insulting.

You are comparing this to a comparably simple game (Distant Worlds) that was INITIALLY released in 2011 (and then put everybody off with yearly 'expansions') and was finally rereleased again as DW Universe in 2014 and transitioned to steam in 2015 (IIRC).

Do you notice the difference?

Anyways, in case you are unhappy with the way things are structured, how about you start learning the ropes, collect the information required, and then start putting tutorial videos on youtube that match your expectations? You know, all information available here and all tutorials and how to guides provided here have been done for free.

Finally, over all those years I have repeatedly been confronted with characters who firmly believe that because the opinion they are voicing meets heavy opposition it must mean that they are stating 'something challenging and/or controversial'. I find this rather funny, because chances are it rather means that what they are stating is simply incorrect or clumsily formulated.

The same people are usually of the type that find it very difficult to correctly identify and interprete cause/effect patterns which is a prerequisite to be successful at playing WitP.

(in reply to Timotheus)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: This forum is terrible and unwelcoming Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI