Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Cost of Box and Shipping?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 5:36:26 PM   
Challerain

From the USPS web site

USPS

Attachment (1)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 31
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 5:51:41 PM   
budd

I looked on Amazon to get an idea of cost. Looked at DCB, there price $61, it's a prime item so I'd get 2 day free shipping but will have taxes. At the end of the day, maybe around $10 savings if it's a prime item.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 32
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 6:14:10 PM   
bazjak

quote:

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

Shipping to the UK is £29.70. That is a dealbreaker for me. It rankles even more given Slitherine are based in the UK and yet the product ships from the US.

No way am i paying that
that is s rediculas price
Would cost me £76.81
so no chance
Theres us Brits being ripped off again

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 33
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 6:19:56 PM   
HannoMeier

I am also interested in the boxed version and + 15 EUR is fine for that. But additional 35 EUR shipping to Germany is too expensive. The old warehouse solution within Germany worked fine with 2,5 EUR shipping.

I really would like to have have full game with hardcover manual in the end. Is it possible to upgrade digital => boxed later, when a shipping solution within europe is established?

Regards,
Hanno

(in reply to bazjak)
Post #: 34
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 8:55:45 PM   
Raikkonen

My question,

If we purchase from Amazon, will we still have a Steam key from the SN?

Post #: 35
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 10:41:23 PM   
IainMcNeil

When the game launches on steam you'll get a steam key no matter where you bought, you just need a valid serial.

We do want a German warehouse and have been told they will do it again for the 2nd or 3rd time, but we're waiting to see before we make any promises. It would solve a lot of problems.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Raikkonen)
Post #: 36
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 10:46:40 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

When the game launches on steam you'll get a steam key no matter where you bought, you just need a valid serial.

We do want a German warehouse and have been told they will do it again for the 2nd or 3rd time, but we're waiting to see before we make any promises. It would solve a lot of problems.

Won't solve the issue within the US...sorry to keep mentioning it, just disappointed in how it all turned out, especially since there does seem to be alternatives as pointed out a few posts above with USPS, which is one of the main carriers.

Just doesn't seem to make sense that cost of book (shipping included) is $35 compared to game price of $39...and actual shipping cost of $20 is greater cost then the book itself. can't recall too many times (unless expedited) where shipping costs more than the product itself.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 37
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 10:52:41 PM   
IainMcNeil

UPS is the service we use and thats what they charge... not sure what else to say. The cheap options can't be used for the books.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 38
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 10:58:52 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

UPS is the service we use and thats what they charge... not sure what else to say. The cheap options can't be used for the books.

Guess I don't understand...earlier in this thread you asked for people to point out a better option, which another poster did. That option can be used for books and I am surprised UPS doesn't either since I get a ton of books via UPS and never pay $20.

I guess it is pointless to discuss anymore, doesn't seem like any consideration of change coming.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 39
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/18/2016 11:47:20 PM   
IslandInland

@ Iain McNeil

This situation has been extant for at least a year judging by the DC: Barbarossa debacle exactly a year ago. If Matrix/Slitherine really do make a small loss on the physical editions with the manual then why not just sell all those through Amazon?

Maybe I'm missing something but this seems the best solution.

I'm not criticising you personally Iain, or indeed Matrix/Slitherine. I'm glad this company exists and brings us great wargames. I just wish the shipping costs were not so bloody extortionate.

< Message edited by XXXCorps -- 11/19/2016 4:05:01 AM >

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

Post #: 40
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/19/2016 2:38:56 AM   
budd

it's just strange Ian, I ordered hard copy of DCB [great manual] it came in that small box pictured above. DCB was $69.94 total, the shipping was $4.95, i just looked at my receipt.

Post #: 41
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/19/2016 4:16:02 AM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

it's just strange Ian, I ordered hard copy of DCB [great manual] it came in that small box pictured above. DCB was $69.94 total, the shipping was $4.95, i just looked at my receipt.

With DC: B it was the 2 [expletive deleted] months I had to bloody wait for the product I bought on 17th November 2015. That soured me to game.

That whole situation rankled so much there is no way I would ever trust Matrix/Slitherine to deliver a physical product with a substantial manual ever again.

The current shipping cost for this game only reinforces my believe.

I feel that some of the users here who bang on about "hobbies being expensive" are comparable to sufferers of Stockholm Syndrome.

< Message edited by XXXCorps -- 11/19/2016 4:19:41 AM >

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 42
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/19/2016 7:37:31 AM   
Meteor2

Despite the costs, I ordered box version.
I could not resist and wanted to support this wonderful series.
Thanks Hubert and team.

Post #: 43
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/19/2016 8:01:11 AM   
Grim.Reaper

The rest of us wanted to support the series and enjoy what looks like wonderful manuals so that is why we are so disappointed (we wouldn't be so vocal if we didn't care about the books)...but I don't think supporting high shipping costs supports the game.....the game and book price does that.

(in reply to Meteor2)
Post #: 44
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/19/2016 1:45:35 PM   
Templer_12

Wow!
€ 34,87 for FedEX International Priority.

Sorry Sirs, this is a no go!

Post #: 45
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/20/2016 10:10:06 PM   
Challerain

quote:

Yes, same here

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 46
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 8:35:24 AM   
IainMcNeil

We do offer the books via Amazon but some people want an immediate download as well so its your choice. If we can get a cheaper shipping method we will. We've spent a lot of time trying to get a better option but the prices we are charged are higher. It is possible some people get very low actual shipping, but the average is above what we charge. The problem is we have no way to price shipping individually so we have to do an average for US shipping costs. We don't know the actual cost until the end of the month and a bill arrives.

For anyone who had a $4.95 shipping charge can you give me the date of your order and order ID so I can check out the details. It is possible we're not being correctly charged so want to check that too. We don't deal directly with the postal service (the warehouse does) so they may be tracking it incorrectly.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 47
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 12:27:51 PM   
sh0nyu

47615951 Scourge of War - Gettysburg Anniversary Collection Download with Physical
41503995 Flash Point Campaigns Red Storm Physical with Free Download PE
41504083 Gary Grigsbys War in the West Physical with Free Download

I had all of these orders delivered by DHL and charged with 6,50 EUR(or something like that) I think.

Even 10-12 EUR would be fine.... You made a very attractive game but charged with 35 EUR delivery kills my budget (and my wife kills me if she would find out). If you can make a better offer I will be first to upgrade to boxed (digital already in use :D)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 48
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 1:58:19 PM   
budd

DCB... Order ID 90888634 .. Order date 11/27/15

(in reply to sh0nyu)
Post #: 49
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 2:14:40 PM   
IainMcNeil

Boxed games are different - they are only about $7-8 for shipping and handling. Its the hard back books that are the problem due to the weight. If you get one and can send a photo of the shipping cost that would be awesome but I'll check these specific orders out for WitW and DCB to find what we think we were charged.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 50
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 2:19:26 PM   
IainMcNeil

Ahh the DCB issue was a bug at release. You were charged $4.95 but we were charged over $20. We lost thousands of dollars due to that bug. It has been fixed and people are now correctly charged.

That WitW order ID does not exist in the system (41504083).

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 51
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 2:59:24 PM   
budd

Well that's a shame, kinda hoping the $20 was the bug. Well back to DD only. I can't think of one thing where I would pay more for shipping then the product costs. What about the flat rate box pictured above for $6.80 it's what I've used to ship stuff, weight doesn't matter it's whatever you can get into that box for &6.80. Thanks for checking all the same.
I am enjoying the game, seems to hit a nice sweet spot between accessibility and complexity.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 52
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 3:04:08 PM   
IainMcNeil

I wonder if it would look better if we added $5 to the cost of the book and took $5 off the cost of shipping. It feels worthwhile to spend money on the book as its really worth it, but not shipping....

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 53
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 4:48:12 PM   
bazjak

Makes no difference what you do its still to much
I too have the box sets of WiTW and DCB and the books where marvellous
But sorry not for me
And by the sound of it not for others as well
Look at the lose in sales

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 54
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 6:15:38 PM   
mariandavid

Its this peculiar passion some companies have for shipping with FedEx etc: It is especially annoying when being sent to a nation other than the US when they will frequently add an 'excise transaction fee' when in reality items such as this - at least when sent by US and Canada Mail sail through without charge. Note that the board game companies have largely caught on - GMT for example will only charge some $20 for much, much heavier and larger items than this - but of course they use USPS and CPS. FedEx and the rest are only worthwhile for items with an urgent requirement and since we can play at once with PC games seems distinctly silly to use them.

(in reply to bazjak)
Post #: 55
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 6:37:20 PM   
Franciscus

quote:

ORIGINAL: bazjak

Makes no difference what you do its still to much
I too have the box sets of WiTW and DCB and the books where marvellous
But sorry not for me
And by the sound of it not for others as well
Look at the lose in sales

Yep. 34,87 € for shipping to Portugal (for a grand total of 89,85 €) was a no-go for me too. Specially after last year's bad experience of more than 2 months waiting for the DC:Barbarossa manual, lost shipments, etc.

A pity, because both WITW and DC:B hardcopy manuals are excellent, and stand proudly in my library.

But as others I went for digital, and reading the manual on the iPad. I have only dipped my feet on the game, it looks very good indeed.

Regards

Former AJE team member

(in reply to bazjak)
Post #: 56
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 10:24:46 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

I wonder if it would look better if we added $5 to the cost of the book and took $5 off the cost of shipping. It feels worthwhile to spend money on the book as its really worth it, but not shipping....

That seems like an odd statement to make suggesting to "fake out" the cost of the book to make people "feel" like they got good collective value.....if you valued the book at $15, then that is what the book should cost, not some artificial add-on cost to make people feel better with shipping. Now if in the future you do reduce shipping costs, they are going to rightly wonder if product prices are being raised to make up for the difference.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 57
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 10:26:20 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

What about the flat rate box pictured above for $6.80 it's what I've used to ship stuff, weight doesn't matter it's whatever you can get into that box for &6.80.

This I haven't seen an answer to yet about this option for shipments in the U.S.....I get packages all the time this way so I wonder what the issue would be.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 58
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/21/2016 11:31:40 PM   
Rosseau

In USA, UPS will print PDF and bind a b/w version for $24. But 4/C is more than double that price. So better to get the real thing, I guess.

Whenever I see ridiculous postage charges it reminds me of car dealer's "prep" charge - meaning extra profit. Can't prove it though

< Message edited by rosseau -- 11/21/2016 11:34:58 PM >

Post #: 59
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 8:49:47 AM   
IainMcNeil

Certainly not extra profit as we lose money on postage. Feel free to take your book and attempt to post to another location in the US and if you can find a better price let us know! I understand why you think the price is too high - we do too. I'm staggered by postage charges in the US. If this were shipping in the UK it would be less than $5. But suggesting its something we should fix means you simply don't understand the effort that has gone it to getting the prices as low as they are. They were higher.... Its simply what it costs. I'm not saying that means you should buy it, just that telling us we should charge less wont help :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI