Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Cost of Box and Shipping?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 9:12:56 AM   
Grim.Reaper

But Ian the option for usps box posted multiple time suggests the price can indeed be much cheaper if using those delivery options so there does appear to be an alternative for the USA. Why isn't that something considered then?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 61
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 10:56:07 AM   
821Bobo

Should have noticed this thread earlier. Just have opened ticket on support complaining about the 35$ shipping cost to EU. Obviously it was pointless.

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 62
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 11:10:09 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

That's what I don't get.....if I ship something from my home or local shipping spot, even something much bigger than a book, it only costs me a few dollars....I am just a person and not a company (so no volume discounts), yet I can do it for much cheaper....just doesn't add up.

You're not a business though and you're leaving out a lot of variables that Matrix/Slitherine have to absorb. They have to pay a guy to package the item. They have to pay him to deliver said item to distribution like a P.O. There are so many little things to make a 2 cent pencil you wouldn't believe. So, it's not just a you when it comes to shipping and handling charges there's a whole lot more involved in a business. Cost's have to be paid by someone and well there's only two of you, the consumer and the seller. Someone has to pay the middle man and you can bet top dollar it ain't gonna be the business owner in most cases.

Post #: 63
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 11:13:36 AM   
TSPC37730

I must admit I was taken aback by the shipping cost as well. But I placed my order on the day of release anyway.

In the big picture, if I get anywhere near the entertainment value I got out of SC1 & SC2, then it will be well worth it.

I've completed my digital download but haven't had the time to start playing yet. I hope to soon. Very much looking forward to that approaching afternoon.

(in reply to Meteor2)
Post #: 64
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 11:13:53 AM   
Grim.Reaper

No offense but I get a lot of books in the mail and never paid $20 so this must be one expensive middle man. But I am done with this, voiced my concerns and nothing else I can do.

< Message edited by Grim.Reaper -- 11/22/2016 11:16:14 AM >

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 65
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 11:19:46 AM   
TSPC37730

quote:

ORIGINAL: Meteor2

Despite the costs, I ordered box version.
I could not resist and wanted to support this wonderful series.
Thanks Hubert and team.

I share the sentiment!

(in reply to Meteor2)
Post #: 66
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 11:42:31 AM   
bazjak

quote:

ORIGINAL: TSPC37730

quote:

ORIGINAL: Meteor2

Despite the costs, I ordered box version.
I could not resist and wanted to support this wonderful series.
Thanks Hubert and team.

I share the sentiment!

Thats all very well but the fact remains it is a rather expensive book
The others i have WiTW and DCB are excellent as no doubt this is but they never cost me as much as you are asking for this
In the UK we are used to being overcharged for everything but it now looks as if others are getting what we have had for years ie "ripped off"

(in reply to TSPC37730)
Post #: 67
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 1:44:36 PM   
Harry Flashman

I ordered the online version because of the shipping costs...but now I am having regrets! Will there be an option in the future to just buy the manual?

(in reply to bazjak)
Post #: 68
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 3:33:32 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Flashman

I ordered the online version because of the shipping costs...but now I am having regrets! Will there be an option in the future to just buy the manual?

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/boxedupgrade.asp

(in reply to Harry Flashman)
Post #: 69
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/22/2016 11:49:20 PM   
Rosseau

Part of problem is disparity in prices between vendors. I pay $3.99 US for a book from Amazon. The wife pays $12.95 shipping for a scarf. I assume the latter is extra profit.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 70
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/23/2016 12:18:22 AM   
Challerain

Just to, you know, beat a dead horse. Media Mail from USPS (media includes books)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 71
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/23/2016 12:38:16 AM   
Grim.Reaper

Yep, certainly seems like multiple options to be cheaper, at least for the US.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 72
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/23/2016 10:22:50 PM   
Dorb

Not to beat a dead horse, but my manual came today, and it really is not that heavy of a book. Actually got it way faster than the tracker that said 11/28. Maybe it was an upgrade in shipping or something, but it came faster than expected. Ordered it on launch day after work - not bad.

I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord

Post #: 73
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/24/2016 1:58:36 AM   
sPzAbt653

Mine also arrived today, from west coast usa to east coast usa. I ordered the day after launch. It even came with bubble wrap ! A nice bonus.

Is anyone keeping one of those errata/addenda lists so that those of us that have the beautiful hard back color manual can keep things current ?

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 74
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/24/2016 3:16:20 PM   
kirk23

Manual arrived here in the UK 2 days after purchasing, Manual + Postage cost in total £42,the manual is the same quality as WAR IN THE WEST,I realise it was expensive,but I have my hobby and that hobby is Stategy games,I don't smoke or drink alcohol,bottom line was I wanted the manual so I got it.

Make it so!

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 75
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/24/2016 5:59:40 PM   
Jagdtiger14

I would buy this game if it were on sale for $19.99 + shipping.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 76
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/24/2016 6:31:47 PM   
sPzAbt653

I'd have paid $200 US for this game and manual.

I would pay $75 per year recurring for the game and all future upgrades/patches.

(in reply to Jagdtiger14)
Post #: 77
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/25/2016 12:20:06 AM   
bazjak

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Manual arrived here in the UK 2 days after purchasing, Manual + Postage cost in total £42,the manual is the same quality as WAR IN THE WEST,I realise it was expensive,but I have my hobby and that hobby is Stategy games,I don't smoke or drink alcohol,bottom line was I wanted the manual so I got it.

How did you manage only £42 when I just tried it wanted £76
Something is wrong somewhere
That's why I just got the download version

< Message edited by bazjak -- 11/25/2016 12:21:16 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 78
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/25/2016 8:00:52 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: bazjak

quote:

On day of release I purchased the download version,because the cost of postage put me of buying the manual at the cost stated.However the next day having slept on it,I knew I just had to have the Hard Back Manual,so the game in total cost me £76.

Make it so!

(in reply to bazjak)
Post #: 79
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/25/2016 10:23:12 AM   
bazjak

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bazjak

quote:

On day of release I purchased the download version,because the cost of postage put me of buying the manual at the cost stated.However the next day having slept on it,I knew I just had to have the Hard Back Manual,so the game in total cost me £76.

Ah
That explains it
You didnt say that you did it that way
So was the same price then
Bloody exspensive
I too want the manual but by hell im not buying a book at that price

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 80
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/27/2016 7:07:51 PM   
stevejon

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

In USA, UPS will print PDF and bind a b/w version for $24. But 4/C is more than double that price. So better to get the real thing, I guess.

Whenever I see ridiculous postage charges it reminds me of car dealer's "prep" charge - meaning extra profit. Can't prove it though
[/quote I live on the east coast of Australia and the shipping cost was fifty dollars for the box and manual total cost was $127.00.I bought the download version and downloaded the pdf format onto a usb stick went to Officeworks and got the whole manual printed out and bound for $20.00.just like to add the game is brilliant and it's the best strategy game I have played in years.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 81
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/28/2016 4:50:02 PM   
IainMcNeil

An update for anyone who wants the physical version - please read the note on the product page. The books are sold out! We have another batch ordered to arrive on the 20th December but we are taking back orders for the books currently. If you order the book you'll immediately get the download version and as soon as the stock is in the warehouse we'll dispatch the physical part of your order and send an email to let you know it is on the way. Sorry to anyone who is going to have to wait for their order, we just underestimated the level of demand. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to stevejon)
Post #: 82
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/29/2016 12:38:24 PM   
Raikkonen

Available on Amazon US now, in stock Dec 5, Prime shipping:

SC:WiE

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 83
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/29/2016 1:59:22 PM   
FroBodine

Iain, I think USPS media mail is the way to go for your shipping in the US.

If it's just a book that you're shipping, media mail is your best bet. Challerain posted the prices above. $20 is a ridiculously high price for a book in the US, and is unnecessary. There are many better options.

(in reply to Raikkonen)
Post #: 84
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/30/2016 1:06:04 AM   
HelmutHerr

$20 to ship a book within the same country? It really doesn't matter what the excuse is; buying this game made my ass feel like the Lincoln Tunnel. Would've been nice to know when the 'out of stock until 12/20' memo came out that the game would be in stock and available from Amazon the next day. I hope I don't get angry every time I play the game because of this. I was really looking forward to its release.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 85
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/30/2016 1:31:43 AM   
AndyG1

I did the same. Thought at first won't go it, but it'll be worth it. I'm in Australia.....

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 86
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/30/2016 8:12:22 AM   
pkloop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Strongstein

$20 to ship a book within the same country? It really doesn't matter what the excuse is; buying this game made my ass feel like the Lincoln Tunnel. Would've been nice to know when the 'out of stock until 12/20' memo came out that the game would be in stock and available from Amazon the next day. I hope I don't get angry every time I play the game because of this. I was really looking forward to its release.

I too bought just the other day and feel like I got ripped off now... :(

(in reply to HelmutHerr)
Post #: 87
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/30/2016 1:33:26 PM   
IainMcNeil

Amazon appears to have sold its stock already as the copies are being shown as reserved in the backend. The issue was the stock was on route to them so left our warehouse so we ran out of stock while on route and then they ran out of stock almost immediately. I can see how it is annoying but there sin't really anything we could do. We shipped to Amazon before we knew stock was running dangerously low. We didn't expect to sell as many as we did. Its very hard to get it right because they cost a lot to manufacture and if we overprint we get left with a lot of stock. We currently have close to 100k manuals in the warehouse from games where we got the estimates wrong the other way...

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to pkloop)
Post #: 88
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/30/2016 1:45:19 PM   
sPzAbt653

Glad to hear SC3 is doing so well !

Sorry to hear the Marketing Department has been shipped to Antarctic to sell popsicles

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 89
RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? - 11/30/2016 2:19:55 PM   
FroBodine

So, no response about the media mail option? Oh well, no way I'm paying $20 to have a book shipped to me.

Too bad. I'll just continue printing and binding my own copies of these manuals.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Cost of Box and Shipping? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI