Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 7/31/2019 5:24:22 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

3). Axis game: The AI will move regular transports (NOT amphibious transports) into a Port with less than 5 supply and unload in the same move. This is not possible for a player who has to wait until the following turn to unload. I saw this when I had troops next to Bengazi with port supply 1. The allies had Bengazi, I was just adjacent ready to 'obtain' it the next turn. I saw the transports move to the port (since I was adjacent), the units in Bengazi move one hex out, and the transports unload into the city hex.

This is indeed a bug on my end and I'll look to correct this.

(in reply to gdpsnake1979)
Post #: 631
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/4/2019 9:06:30 PM   
Professor Chaos

Is this mod affected by the vanilla bug described here (strength script morale penalties become morale bonuses)?

I'm in the middle of a campaign with 3.2 and about to launch Barbarossa. But I'm not too keen on continuing if the USSR is going to get a morale boost every time they get trounced....

< Message edited by Professor Chaos -- 8/5/2019 12:21:17 AM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 632
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 1:31:20 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Chaos

Is this mod affected by the vanilla bug described here (strength script morale penalties become morale bonuses)?

I'm in the middle of a campaign with 3.2 and about to launch Barbarossa. But I'm not too keen on continuing if the USSR is going to get a morale boost every time they get trounced....

If it is a game engine bug then yes. However I don't think this really has much effect in the Eastern Front, more so in France 40' where there are more of these types of scripts.

(in reply to Professor Chaos)
Post #: 633
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 2:09:26 PM   
crispy131313

So I have made some major changes for the next version. I have removed the level III Infantry Weapons category for the USSR, and now all units in the game have the same base combat stats. Early national morale events for the USSR and Italy will be the new reliance on simulating their forces poor effectiveness in the early going.

As well, I have overhauled the "Warfare" research categories (except Amphibious Warfare) to remove the double strike/intercept upgrade, and now these warfare categories will only provide a morale bonus to units of 5% per level. The maximum achievable bonus will be 15%, as each of the following categories can be achieved at Level III; Infantry Warfare, Armoured Warfare, Aerial Warfare, Naval Warfare & Ballistic Warfare (new). I have also added 2 new research categories; Tank Production and Aircraft Production, which if researched will increase the build limits of Tank Divisions, Tank Corps, Fighters and Medium Bombers by 1 per level.

All of the below changes (and from recent versions) are made with the following in mind;

- Reduce the Axis steamroll effect; the Axis receive a lot of help early on in the game and should they do much better then historically, there are some ancillary units available (from across the globe) to assist in fighting back against the Axis encourage game longevity/enjoyment.
- Reduce the time required for the USSR to begin to counter-attack effectively
- Put more strain on the Axis manpower to cover all territory effectively
- Add a new layer of strategy by allowing players to mold each nation's strength with the changes to "Warfare" research categories and to invest in Aircraft/Tank Production.

I will need to test a bit in the game to make sure everything is working well prior to release. There are some big changes here, any thoughts? I've appreciated the feedback I have received lately, I do put consideration into all and have received some very good ideas and you will see that in some of these changes.

- USSR begins with Anti-Tank I
- Removed USSR Anti-Tank Chit
- Tank Divisions will have 10% Demoralization attack value (increased from 0%)
- Fixed German and Soviet NM bonus/penalty upon beginning of Barbarossa
- Amended Anti-Tank base soft/hard attack value to 1.5 (from 1)
- Amended Anti-Tank soft/hard attack value increments from Anti-Tank Research from 1 per level to 0.5 per level
- Increased USA mobilization from Pearl Harbor from 15-20% to 25%-30%
- Added British Empire Reinforcements in Canada upon successful Sealion (Axis control Southern Britain)
- Added scripts for the British Empire Reinforcements to support US attempt to liberate UK
- New UK Decision Event for Operation Sledgehammer or Operation Overlord (will only fire if conditions are met early 43')
- Some amendments to NM events on the Eastern Front around the end of 41'
- Added popup for Sweden (leans to Axis) after receiving military aircraft from Italy
- Fixed Vichy France Joins Axis text
- Variable Decision Event for Vichy France to join the Axis will only occur if UK does not recognize Vichy France
- Removed German chit in Advanced Tanks
- Reduced German Garrisons build limits by 2
- Reduced German Infantry Corps build limits by 1
- Reduced German Infantry Division build limits by 4
- Increased German Infantry Army build limits by 1
- UK will no longer have the opportunity to send Lease Lease to UK if the Turkish Straits were occupied by USSR
- New German Morale penalty to occur once the Allies have established themselves in France, prior to taking Paris
- New German Decision Event to prepare for Soviet winter 42'
- If Moscow is occupied the USSR will transfer additional forces from Siberia

NEW

- If Turkey joins the Axis via Turkish Strait Crisis, the USSR will deploy 2 Infantry Corps and 1 Mountain Division near the Turkish border in the Caucasus
- The Maikop Oilfield will be permanently destroyed upon Axis capture
- Italian NM will be penalized by about 15% of starting value upon war entry, to slowly recover over the next 10 turns
- Soviet NM will be penalized by about 20% of starting value upon war entry, to slowly recover over the first 10 turns of 1942
- Increased Axis oil shortages supply events maximum variable by 1 for effected resources
- Shock Armies have De-entrenchment value of 2
- Soviet Infantry Divisions, Mechanized Divisions, Infantry Corps and Infantry Armies now have the same base stats and upgrades as all other Majors
- Italian Infantry Armies now have the same base stats and upgrades as all other Majors
- USSR Infantry Weapons now max level II
- USSR Infantry Weapons starting value reverted to Level 0
- Mechanized Corps, Tank Corps, Tank Armies, Fighters, Maritime Bombers and Strategic Bombers now have 2 strikes/intercept as base stat
- Overhauled the "Warfare" research categories to remove double strike/intercept automatic upgrade, and included new category Ballistic Warfare.
- Infantry Warfare, Armoured Warfare, Aerial Warfare, Naval Warfare, Ballistic Warfare now increases only the morale bonus of the applicable units by 5% per level. Each category can reach maximum level III.
- Amended the majors warfare categories upon game start to represent each majors strength (i.e. Germany has Armoured Warfare II, Naval Warfare 0, UK has Armoured Warfare 0, Naval Warfare II)
- Added a half strength French Heavy Artillery unit behind the Maginot Line
- New Research category - Tank Production; which increases the build limit of Tank Divisions and Tank Corps by 1 per level
- New Research category - Aircraft Production; which increases the build limit of Fighters and Medium Bombers by 1 per level
- Amended/updated the research category description text in game
- Amended AI research scripts
- Yugoslavia will only have a 50% chance of joining the Axis if surrounded by Axis countries (which is a result of Greece joining the Axis)

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 634
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 3:35:51 PM   
Taxman66

What does Ballistic Warfare improve?

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Post #: 635
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 4:42:43 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

What does Ballistic Warfare improve?

The Various Artillery, Anti-Tank, Anti-Air

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 636
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 4:52:57 PM   
Taxman66

That should be considerably cheaper I would think.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Post #: 637
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 5:03:29 PM   
Taxman66

Just had an alternate idea to address the Russian Infantry Weapons level 3 issue.
Try your thinking cap on for this idea:

Set All nations to have a maximum Infantry Weapons level of 3.
Set the various combat values at level 3 equal to current vanilla game level of 2 for all (non Russian) nations and go backwards (i.e.That is: level 2 = level 1 vanilla; level 1 = level 0 vanilla; and level 0 = Russian level 0 vanilla).
Adjust starting level Infantry Weapons accordingly (i.e. Germany starts at level 2, Russia starts at level 0, everyone else starts at level 1).

Something would need to differentiate Russian Shock Troops (beyond their getting an additional AP that they already have).
Maybe a permanent morale boost?

< Message edited by Taxman66 -- 8/9/2019 5:13:11 PM >

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 638
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 5:22:23 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

That should be considerably cheaper I would think.

They all cost the same at 100 MPP right now, Anti-Air Units are more effective already in this mod and have never received morale bonus in previous versions from any of the other research categories, so this will make anti-air defense even stronger, additionally Anti-Tank units are double strike so it has usefulness for every major.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 639
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 5:25:17 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

Just had an alternate idea to address the Russian Infantry Weapons level 3 issue.
Try your thinking cap on for this idea:

Set All nations to have a maximum Infantry Weapons level of 3.
Set the various combat values at level 3 equal to current vanilla game level of 2 for all (non Russian) nations and go backwards (i.e.That is: level 2 = level 1 vanilla; level 1 = level 0 vanilla; and level 0 = Russian level 0 vanilla).
Adjust starting level Infantry Weapons accordingly (i.e. Germany starts at level 2, Russia starts at level 0, everyone else starts at level 1).

Something would need to differentiate Russian Shock Troops (beyond their getting an additional AP that they already have).
Maybe a permanent morale boost?

That seems very ambitious, and honestly could throw a tonne of balance issues into mix. 2 Levels of Infantry Weapons is pretty well tested throughout most theaters of the game I think I'll have to stay on the cautious side and leave it at 2.

For The Shock Troops, I've given them De-entrenchment 2 to continue their usefulness and great value for spearheading an offense.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 640
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 6:40:15 PM   
Taxman66

Tje beauty of it is that it really doesn't change anything. All it is really is a renaming. If 1939 Germany infantry units have the exact same values, what does it matter if their Infantry Tech level is 1 (vanilla) or 2 (suggestion).

Post #: 641
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 6:58:31 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

Tje beauty of it is that it really doesn't change anything. All it is really is a renaming. If 1939 Germany infantry units have the exact same values, what does it matter if their Infantry Tech level is 1 (vanilla) or 2 (suggestion).

Well there is a cost for an additional upgrade to an entire nation, it would make it even tougher on neutral's when DOW'd, USA would be forced to invest early in Infantry Weapons when right now it can be delayed a bit. These are just off the top of my head i'm sure there is more..

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 642
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 7:30:10 PM   
Taxman66

Everyone, including minors, but Russia would deploy at level 1

I do see that non Russian Infantry units would need a cost adjustment.

< Message edited by Taxman66 -- 8/9/2019 7:37:42 PM >

Post #: 643
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 9:44:46 PM   
dcrosson

In the update can you please mod the Soviet AI to have a chance of starting a Turkish Straight Crisis.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 644
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 10:52:13 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: dcrosson

In the update can you please mod the Soviet AI to have a chance of starting a Turkish Straight Crisis.

I will post a separate version where they will try this, will you please report how the Allied AI handles this? Truthfully the event was designed with PBEM in mind, as I wasn’t sure how the USSR would handle this. It they do OK I will incorporate the possibility into the main version.

(in reply to dcrosson)
Post #: 645
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/9/2019 11:57:05 PM   
dhucul2011

Great work Crispy.

Looking forward to it.

Have you considered making Free France and British Empire separate minor nations with active units?

I did in my personal MOD and it works well and adds lots of flavour. The slightly different coloured units also look cool as they arrive mostly in Egypt.

I have Indian, Australian, New Zealand and South African units that arrive by script for historical events.

I have also Free French units by script at various times.

Post #: 646
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/10/2019 12:16:31 AM   
crispy131313

I have instances where British Empire units arrive in Canada or the Middle East under their own Command (as UK minors) however this is only in response to either Middle East Command (Egypt) being defeated or a successful Sealion. As for the Free French, my only concern would be if they were to capture a capital or key resource it would not feel right, this is a similar reason Romania had been reverted to an Axis minor, while I once had them as an Axis minor Major.

(in reply to dhucul2011)
Post #: 647
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/10/2019 6:56:58 PM   
ArmouredLion

Very, sweet, sir. I love your mod and I'm looking forward to the new changes... if you want to scrap our game and play this version for playtesting I'm very fine with that... especially as it's another loss... I'm thinking of renaming myself tinfoil kitten.

Post #: 648
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/11/2019 7:27:31 AM   
steevodeevo

I'm well into a campaign using v20 and this mod is so deep and rich in events and such it is a great pleasure to play. It plays quite differently to vanilla, especially if you use many of the political and military decisions to shape history .. and the future. I personally love the 3 levels of unit size, this adds flexibility to your military strategy.

Are there any further releases planned? I believe you are now using the World at War engine to move over your mod, and despite asking before I am never sure which base game I should run your mod from Crispy :/

(in reply to ArmouredLion)
Post #: 649
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/11/2019 1:49:01 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: steevodeevo

I'm well into a campaign using v20 and this mod is so deep and rich in events and such it is a great pleasure to play. It plays quite differently to vanilla, especially if you use many of the political and military decisions to shape history .. and the future. I personally love the 3 levels of unit size, this adds flexibility to your military strategy.

Are there any further releases planned? I believe you are now using the World at War engine to move over your mod, and despite asking before I am never sure which base game I should run your mod from Crispy :/

Hi Steve, thanks for the kind feedback. The mod is primarily based on the WiE game, and there has been lots of updates since v20 which are only found with the WiE version. The mod name was changed to Fall Weiss II - Western Theater as well to differentiate from the world version which is still considered a work in progress.

I am very close to releasing a very large update, as the last few pages of this thread discuss. I would suggest waiting the short time between now and release if you intend on starting a new game.

(in reply to steevodeevo)
Post #: 650
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/11/2019 3:24:28 PM   
steevodeevo

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: steevodeevo

Hi Steve, thanks for the kind feedback. The mod is primarily based on the WiE game, and there has been lots of updates since v20 which are only found with the WiE version. The mod name was changed to Fall Weiss II - Western Theater as well to differentiate from the world version which is still considered a work in progress.

I am very close to releasing a very large update, as the last few pages of this thread discuss. I would suggest waiting the short time between now and release if you intend on starting a new game.

awesome thanks. I will wait

Post #: 651
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/15/2019 9:15:15 PM   
gdpsnake1979

I believe it used to be the case that anti-tank research affected the hard attack values of infantry units. Then that vanished? I would like to see it returned. The ATR was the main weapon of all countries in the early years (The Russian ATR probably the best but a huge beast to lug around so difficult to use) and somewhat effective against the early light armor. Anti tank mines were improved then anti tank guns took over 40-43 ish through larger caliber and better ammo. But then units began deploying the Bazooka, panzerfaust, Molotov and the Piat. This was a big leap and could really take out even big armor especially with knocking out mobility.
I guess my point is: anti-tank research should affect hard attack values of infantry and even to some extent: armor (representing APCR and sabot type rounds). Infantry research should also improve armor soft defense values representing the later use of anti-personnel devices affixed to tanks. Artillery research should go higher than '1' to represent the increased calibers of later guns perhaps even improve/allow the production of SPA units (currently missing save for the rocket artillery.) Naval research should be higher than '1' as well and the major nations (not Russia) should begin at '1' while minors begin at '0' or some other arrangement to show the qualitative and training differences between major powers. The technology of the Bismark with 15 inch guns was easily better than most with the double hull design and superior 15" design. Improvements in radar, torpedoes, etc. can then make the naval war more interesting (especially in the world at war version where IJN might start at '2' but limit at '3' while USA might start at 1 and go to '4')
Just some thoughts.
I also disagree with the reduction in the build limits for Germany divisions. Make them new SS units - most started as Infantry then upgraded to PZG then to Panzer. SS units should also have a large ZOC against partisan units. Soviet armor still (should) start at research '1' - hit the morale values early to represent the doctrinal advantages used to defeat those KV, T-34 models that the early Panzers really couldn't deal with.

(in reply to steevodeevo)
Post #: 652
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/23/2019 2:55:25 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: gdpsnake1979

I believe it used to be the case that anti-tank research affected the hard attack values of infantry units. Then that vanished? I would like to see it returned. The ATR was the main weapon of all countries in the early years (The Russian ATR probably the best but a huge beast to lug around so difficult to use) and somewhat effective against the early light armor. Anti tank mines were improved then anti tank guns took over 40-43 ish through larger caliber and better ammo. But then units began deploying the Bazooka, panzerfaust, Molotov and the Piat. This was a big leap and could really take out even big armor especially with knocking out mobility.
I guess my point is: anti-tank research should affect hard attack values of infantry and even to some extent: armor (representing APCR and sabot type rounds). Infantry research should also improve armor soft defense values representing the later use of anti-personnel devices affixed to tanks. Artillery research should go higher than '1' to represent the increased calibers of later guns perhaps even improve/allow the production of SPA units (currently missing save for the rocket artillery.) Naval research should be higher than '1' as well and the major nations (not Russia) should begin at '1' while minors begin at '0' or some other arrangement to show the qualitative and training differences between major powers. The technology of the Bismark with 15 inch guns was easily better than most with the double hull design and superior 15" design. Improvements in radar, torpedoes, etc. can then make the naval war more interesting (especially in the world at war version where IJN might start at '2' but limit at '3' while USA might start at 1 and go to '4')
Just some thoughts.
I also disagree with the reduction in the build limits for Germany divisions. Make them new SS units - most started as Infantry then upgraded to PZG then to Panzer. SS units should also have a large ZOC against partisan units. Soviet armor still (should) start at research '1' - hit the morale values early to represent the doctrinal advantages used to defeat those KV, T-34 models that the early Panzers really couldn't deal with.

There are issues with implementing Anti-tank research for infantry units, there are no more upgrade slots available for one, also it would just be another "must" research for the USSR in the early game and would reduce the Soviets ability to try different research strategies after Infantry/Tank Weapons.

To touch on some of the other comments, in the new version Naval Warfare is able to be researched to level III, and USSR does begin with Tank Warfare Level I (Max III). To represent the new T-34s the Soviets are currently receiving 2 Tank Corps in 1941 that are placed on the map at 12 strength, in my most recent PBEM match these are proving to be strong enough to destroy a German Panzer Corps in a counter offensive, so the rather limited at the time but capable tanks are representing themselves well.

I don't intend to make any changes to assist Germany with anti-partisan activities, in fact I have left partisans exactly the same as the vanilla version so that players can pick up and play a game that feels familiar.

I agree that Bismarck could be represented as a stronger Battleship then currently and will likely amend the deployment strength to 11, similar to some other scripted naval ships that are commissioned mid war via event.

Sorry if I missed some things, it is quite a wall of text.

(in reply to gdpsnake1979)
Post #: 653
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 - 8/26/2019 7:27:49 AM   
BPINisBACK

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313
To touch on some of the other comments, in the new version Naval Warfare is able to be researched to level III, and USSR does begin with Tank Warfare Level I (Max III). To represent the new T-34s the Soviets are currently receiving 2 Tank Corps in 1941 that are placed on the map at 12 strength, in my most recent PBEM match these are proving to be strong enough to destroy a German Panzer Corps in a counter offensive, so the rather limited at the time but capable tanks are representing themselves well.

Post #: 654
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 20 - (Ready for Download) - 9/3/2019 9:19:47 AM   
GTMOON51

Hi

I am having trouble starting your Mod

It shows up in the Mods but is Greyed out

Any Ideas

Gary

Post #: 655
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 20 - (Ready for Download) - 9/3/2019 1:25:07 PM   
crispy131313

Another update. I am complete on everything I wanted to change, I now just need to update based on the latest developer's patch. Release will be soon (I hope).

Previous announced changes since 2.0:

- USSR begins with Anti-Tank I
- Removed USSR Anti-Tank Chit
- Tank Divisions will have 10% Demoralization attack value (increased from 0%)
- Fixed German and Soviet NM bonus/penalty upon beginning of Barbarossa
- Amended Anti-Tank base soft/hard attack value to 1.5 (from 1)
- Amended Anti-Tank soft/hard attack value increments from Anti-Tank Research from 1 per level to 0.5 per level
- Increased USA mobilization from Pearl Harbor from 15-20% to 25%-30%
- Added British Empire Reinforcements in Canada upon successful Sealion (Axis control Southern Britain)
- Added scripts for the British Empire Reinforcements to support US attempt to liberate UK
- New UK Decision Event for Operation Sledgehammer or Operation Overlord (will only fire if conditions are met early 43')
- Some amendments to NM events on the Eastern Front around the end of 41'
- Added popup for Sweden (leans to Axis) after receiving military aircraft from Italy
- Fixed Vichy France Joins Axis text
- Variable Decision Event for Vichy France to join the Axis will only occur if UK does not recognize Vichy France
- Removed German chit in Advanced Tanks
- Reduced German Garrisons build limits by 2
- Reduced German Infantry Corps build limits by 1
- Reduced German Infantry Division build limits by 4
- Increased German Infantry Army build limits by 1
- UK will no longer have the opportunity to send Lease Lease to UK if the Turkish Straits were occupied by USSR
- New German Morale penalty to occur once the Allies have established themselves in France, prior to taking Paris
- New German Decision Event to prepare for Soviet winter 42'
- If Moscow is occupied the USSR will transfer additional forces from Siberia
- If Turkey joins the Axis via Turkish Strait Crisis, the USSR will deploy 2 Infantry Corps and 1 Mountain Division near the Turkish border in the Caucasus
- The Maikop Oilfield will be permanently destroyed upon Axis capture
- Italian NM will be penalized by about 15% of starting value upon war entry, to slowly recover over 16 turns After French surrender (updated)
- Soviet NM will be penalized by about 20% of starting value upon war entry, to slowly recover over the first 10 turns of 1942
- Increased Axis oil shortages supply events maximum variable by 1 for effected resources
- Shock Armies have De-entrenchment value of 2
- Soviet Infantry Divisions, Mechanized Divisions, Infantry Corps and Infantry Armies now have the same base stats and upgrades as all other Majors
- Italian Infantry Armies now have the same base stats and upgrades as all other Majors
- USSR Infantry Weapons now max level II
- USSR Infantry Weapons starting value reverted to Level 0
- Mechanized Corps, Tank Corps, Tank Armies, Fighters, Maritime Bombers and Strategic Bombers now have 2 strikes/intercept as base stat
- Overhauled the "Warfare" research categories to remove double strike/intercept automatic upgrade, and included new category Ballistic Warfare.
- Infantry Warfare, Armoured Warfare, Aerial Warfare, Naval Warfare, Ballistic Warfare now increases only the morale bonus of the applicable units by 5% per level. Each category can reach maximum level III.
- Amended the majors warfare categories upon game start to represent each majors strength (i.e. Germany has Armoured Warfare II, Naval Warfare 0, UK has Armoured Warfare 0, Naval Warfare II)
- Added a half strength French Heavy Artillery unit behind the Maginot Line
- New Research category - Tank Production; which increases the build limit of Tank Divisions and Tank Corps by 1 per level
- New Research category - Aircraft Production; which increases the build limit of Fighters and Medium Bombers by 1 per level
- Amended/updated the research category description text in game
- Amended AI research scripts
- Yugoslavia will only have a 50% chance of joining the Axis if surrounded by Axis countries (which is a result of Greece joining the Axis)

NEW
- Increased Upgrade Cost of USSR Infantry by 15%
- Amended AI Middle East Unit slightly
- Reduced USSR Mobilization Penalty of France banning the Communist Party to 2-3%
- Amended new Warfare research categories to 75-125 MPP based on importance
- Added a small/moderate NM bonus to USSR units in and adjacent to Leningrad year round if supplies are shipped via decision
- Added Insignia to Finland Decision Event Text
- Soviet HQ and 1st Fighters are now in the Production Que to avoid being disbanded for early MPP
- Fixed a scenario where Portuguese imports to Germany was not working
- Amended Finnish Anti-Tank Decision event so that Finland will receive 1 full strength Anti-Tank rather then 2 half strength
- Added USSR NM helper (1943-44)
- UK (AI) to receive a morale boost after successful D-Day
- Added some limited Allied AI unit scripts if they are far behind objectives in 1944 based on alignment of Moscow, Stalingrad, London and Paris
- Due to lower Infantry Build Limits, and to assist with the German defensive end game, a half strength Infantry Corps at Berlin will deploy anytime after 1943 when the following cities are liberated/held by the Allies - Moscow, Paris, Brussels, Smolensk, Kiev, Riga, Odessa.

(in reply to GTMOON51)
Post #: 656
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 20 - (Ready for Download) - 9/3/2019 1:25:42 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: GTMOON51

Hi

I am having trouble starting your Mod

It shows up in the Mods but is Greyed out

Any Ideas

Gary

Make sure it is in the folder with the other mods and not in the Matrix folder?

(in reply to GTMOON51)
Post #: 657
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 20 - (Ready for Download) - 9/3/2019 2:30:43 PM   
GTMOON51

Crispy

This is where it is

C:\Users\glavi\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Mods\FallWeissDLC\_Fall Weiss II - 20

Is this Correct?

Gary

Post #: 658
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 20 - (Ready for Download) - 9/3/2019 5:16:57 PM   
crispy131313

If your downloading the dropbox version, it should go here on your comp:

C:\Users\glavi\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Campaigns

(in reply to GTMOON51)
Post #: 659
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 20 - (Ready for Download) - 9/3/2019 5:36:09 PM   
GTMOON51

Dropbox version here

C:\Users\glavi\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Campaigns\FallWeissDLC\_Fall Weiss II - 20

Now its not listed in mods at all

Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI