Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invasion woes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Invasion woes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invasion woes - 12/11/2016 6:26:37 PM   
Vadrus

Hey guys.

I finally launched my invasion of France in the Normandy area and encountered a few issues.

1. When it came to do the air drops I appear to have not enough transports. This is after I moved all my transports from the med and was trying to drop the same amount of forces I easily dropped in the Med. Any thoughts?

2. Interdiction. I had set the air war stuff on max for interdiction but the Germans got their forces to the beachhead easily so I found an interdiction button and it showed I had none in all of France. What am I doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Invasion woes - 2/4/2017 4:30:54 AM   
Markojager

1. If you move it in your turn of attack the transport cannot do the drop.
2. Perhaps when you set the interdiction order you didn't set again the AD.

(in reply to Vadrus)
Post #: 2
RE: Invasion woes - 2/4/2017 10:07:37 AM   
HMSWarspite

There is a button that shows airlift points and the number needed for all airlift eligable units, split by Med and Northern Europe.

Did you get to set a target on the para units? If so that means they are on an appropriate hex, but the transports need to be in the right place too - they may be in northern Europe but they cant be in northern Scotland if their passengers are in Southampton.

Finally, the game lets you set an illegal target (in terms of distance from friendly troops or invasion hexes, but wont then drop them when ordered...

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to Vadrus)
Post #: 3
RE: Invasion woes - 2/4/2017 2:36:37 PM   
LiquidSky

By the way....if you have training set for your pilots in the Air HQ that contains your air transports, they will not be able to be used to airdrop since they will have 1% or something like that on their movement.

And they need to have zero in order to be allowed to be used for an airdrop, although they can be used to air transport supplies and such.

Same may occur if they are set for air interdiction...not sure if they can fly that mission or not. Probably not.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Invasion woes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI