Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug with units on Finnish no attack line

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Bug with units on Finnish no attack line Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug with units on Finnish no attack line - 12/12/2016 12:01:30 AM   
NightPhoenix

Hello,

While recently playing a multiplayer game we are currently playing turn 3 with me as Soviets. While getting some units over to the Finnish no move line on turn 2, expecting them to guard that area on turn 3 i opened my game with this strange thing. Note the amount of supplies/fuel. Also these units have not moved for this turn, nor have i touched them for that matter but they still have 0 movement/action points. I found it rather odd since this has never happened to me in any game before and it seems strange to me if this is part of a new edition, but if so i'm sorry for the trouble. Additional files or pictures can be provided. Im playing on the new 1.09.00 version.

ps. every time i open the multiplayer the game tells me a new version 1.08.?? is available. Anyone knows whats up with that?

Thanks and best regards.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by NightPhoenix -- 12/12/2016 12:03:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bug with units on Finnish no attack line - 12/12/2016 12:11:48 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: NightPhoenix

Hello,

While recently playing a multiplayer game we are currently playing turn 3 with me as Soviets. While getting some units over to the Finnish no move line on turn 2, expecting them to guard that area on turn 3 i opened my game with this strange thing. Note the amount of supplies/fuel. Also these units have not moved for this turn, nor have i touched them for that matter but they still have 0 movement/action points. I found it rather odd since this has never happened to me in any game before and it seems strange to me if this is part of a new edition, but if so i'm sorry for the trouble. Additional files or pictures can be provided. Im playing on the new 1.09.00 version.

ps. every time i open the multiplayer the game tells me a new version 1.08.?? is available. Anyone knows whats up with that?

Thanks and best regards.

On the AAR between Michael T & Mainsten (Razing the Reich) Page two Michael T discusses a similar situation. This may help.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4095548&mpage=2&key=

(in reply to NightPhoenix)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug with units on Finnish no attack line - 12/12/2016 12:18:27 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

So they started with zero MP's next to the Finish no attack line? Curious where the demarcation line is on what is classified as finish border now. Going to look in patch notes to see if I can find it.

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug with units on Finnish no attack line - 12/12/2016 12:20:59 AM   
NightPhoenix

Hmm, it seems simmilar, but these units aren't under frozen HQ's like it seems was the case in that AAR. Or it seems the problem eventually solved itself after some time there. If the problem were to go away it would't be such a big deal, as i'm obviously not dying from this for 1 turn. But it would be problematic if we were to find out later it wouldn't fix itself.

Post #: 4
RE: Bug with units on Finnish no attack line - 12/12/2016 12:27:48 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: NightPhoenix

Hmm, it seems simmilar, but these units aren't under frozen HQ's like it seems was the case in that AAR. Or it seems the problem eventually solved itself after some time there. If the problem were to go away it would't be such a big deal, as i'm obviously not dying from this for 1 turn. But it would be problematic if we were to find out later it wouldn't fix itself.

Concur with you.

Turn 4 is when the Finish theater comes into play. I believe they would be unfrozen then. But, would be nice to know the entire area that constitutes a frozen zone if moved into for reference.

Post #: 5
RE: Bug with units on Finnish no attack line - 12/12/2016 11:03:18 AM   
Manstein63

FYI you do know that the security regiments disband or are supposed to by november 1941 so it might not be a good idea to leave them on the no attack line. In regards to your issue I think you will find that once the 'Fun Luvin Finns' come into play the units will be released, as I beleive that area is frozen until the Finns activate.
Manstein63

'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

Post #: 6
RE: Bug with units on Finnish no attack line - 12/12/2016 2:57:28 PM   
NightPhoenix

Thanks for the answer. I guess it must be a recent addition then? I'm sorry i played this game quite a while ago and i don't remember this ever happening back then. Or maybe my memory is faulty.

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 7
RE: Bug with units on Finnish no attack line - 12/12/2016 3:31:43 PM   
morvael

I think this is in the game for a long time. Most people build a line below the Finnish no attack line, not further north. So they don't suffer from this problem.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Bug with units on Finnish no attack line Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI