Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Advanced Third Reich Beta Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Advanced Third Reich Beta Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Advanced Third Reich Beta Mod - 4/16/2020 11:10:44 AM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordhoff
Old post I know but, well, maybe ----- I know Third Reich was converted to a PC game but I have never seen nor heard of this with the much better Advanced Third Reich. What exactly was modded?

Real old posting. Please check out the latest v1.3. Even without the game you can download the files and review the Design Notes I've included.

What was modded? Basically, the map is double-sized to account for no stacking, turns are monthly and not seasonal quarters, and there are standard SC features for HQs, weather, FOW, etc. that are not in the original game. But other than that I've tried to be as faithful as possible to force pools, economics, and diplomacy. And there are variants and other surprises. Plus the AI computer opponent is scripted to be challenging for both Axis and Allies, to include North Africa operations. Good stuff. Enjoy!

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 61
RE: Advanced Third Reich Beta Mod - 4/17/2020 11:06:15 PM   
lordhoff

Thanks. Advanced Third Reich was a favorite of mine - especially the diplomacy rules - and I was disappointed that Avalon Hill (I think it was still them) decided to convert Third Reich but not advanced Third Reich to PC. From what you said, I assume I need the Third Reich PC game to use your mod. I never did buy it so I am probably out of luck. For the most part, Hasbro has just been sitting on the titles and games they purchased. Maybe on Amazon.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 62
RE: Advanced Third Reich Beta Mod - 4/18/2020 12:14:17 AM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordhoff
From what you said, I assume I need the Third Reich PC game to use your mod.

No! This is a mod campaign for Strategic Command WWII War in Europe. It is built using the SC editor and plays like any other SC WWII WIE scenario. Totally different than the old Third Reich PC game. Totally better!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Advanced Third Reich Beta Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI