Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/16/2016 10:31:13 PM   
bigred

Hi guys. FatR has loaded the Manchuko garrison into korea. He assumes Korea is included in the Manchuko district. So far USSR has not activated. I had read in threads a few years ago that Korea is good place to force the Manchuko garrison to make a decision between the Russians or the USA. Does anyone recall the thread.

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2597400
Post #: 1
RE: Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/17/2016 12:32:39 AM   
SheperdN7

Korea is not part of the garrison count. Or at least AFAIK.

Current Games:

WitP:AE PBEM against Greg (Late '44)
AE PBEM against Mogami (Early'44)
WITE PBEM against Boomer Sooner

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 2
RE: Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/17/2016 5:32:47 AM   
BBfanboy

I sent the Manchukuo garrison (without changing HQs) in chunks to attack in China where the Chinese were well supplied and well dug in. The garrison numbers in the Intel Report did not drop until units started losing a lot of troops. They were down around 6000 AV before the Russians activated.

From all this I am guessing that the location of the garrison units does not matter, just that they are still part of Kwantung Army and have not lost their AV.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to SheperdN7)
Post #: 3
RE: Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/17/2016 6:12:21 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
From all this I am guessing that the location of the garrison units does not matter, just that they are still part of Kwantung Army and have not lost their AV.

No, the trigger is locational. You had some units arriving in Manchukuo at the same time probably. Try rail out IDs at the start of the game and see

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/17/2016 8:06:02 PM   
Anachro

You provide some relief for me GetAssista, because I would hate if what BB said was true.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 5
RE: Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/17/2016 8:47:59 PM   
witpqs

I've heard it is also influenced by a roll of the dice, like nearly everything in this game!

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 6
RE: Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/17/2016 10:33:52 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I've heard it is also influenced by a roll of the dice, like nearly everything in this game!

Yes, activation is a dice roll with the odds improving as the Kwantung Army AV drops lower below 8000.

I was watching for new units arriving to feed into China from Manchukuo and I do not recall seeing any at the time I was sending the original units into China and not seeing any change in AV. I'm not about to start a new game just now so re-test will have to wait.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7
RE: Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/18/2016 3:13:47 AM   
rustysi

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I did just pull a regiment out of Korea and I don't think the activation count went down. When I get a chance I'll go back through my saves to confirm.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count - 12/18/2016 11:26:16 PM   
rustysi

Well I went back and checked. I must at this time reverse my position, at least conditionally. The unit I bought out of Korea was the 90th Inf Reg, an 'orphan' for 2.5+ years when the rest if the ID will arrive. I use it for whatever in the interim. This unit is attached to the Kwantung Army and did lower my AV totals for said garrison.

My caveat here is that other units in Korea are assigned to the Korea Army. These may or may not affect the Kwantung Army garrison levels. When and if I determine whether they do or not I'll inform, if I remember by then.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Is Korea territory included in Manchuko garrison count Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI