Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USA not spending points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> USA not spending points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USA not spending points - 12/18/2016 5:48:48 PM   
GavCol

Hi- playing as Soviets with computer axis and allies. Doing fine but the Brits have lost Gibralter (Spain), Egypt and all Mid East. Just had to send my Siberian reserve to Iran to block the axis there. March 1942
Trouble is that USA who entered aug 1941 have accumulated 1300mpp. Suspect they're not spending them- but they do seem to have lots of units, do may have been spending some of them.
Is this a bug..or is it saving them for something.
Don't want to waste time if this is a bug- but on the other hand it's an interesting game!
Post #: 1
RE: USA not spending points - 12/18/2016 7:35:50 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi GavCol

This may be ok as the AI has a % chance every turn of spending its money on new units, research etc, and it is possible that it will get spending this very soon.

If they don't seem to get spending soon then do let me know.

Thanks

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to GavCol)
Post #: 2
RE: USA not spending points - 12/19/2016 1:02:41 PM   
ghostrider293

I noticed this to on a game over the weekend .. as mentioned in a post I just created (called "AI Issues?"), both USSR & USA had over 1000MPP at the end of each turn (am currently in Winter '42) and no sign of these being spent yet.
Campaign I'm running is '39-'42 .... I'm playing only as the UK, rest of the Allies are AI control.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: USA not spending points - 12/19/2016 7:30:18 PM   
Hartmann

What I have seen in a game is the Soviet AI amassing over 9000 MPPs in 1944, and while they did spend some of them, it was much less than they could have - like they did not upgrade alot of stuff and did not research everything possible. They also did no diplomacy, so I did it for them. (I didn't check if they had already bought every pertinent unit, though.)

< Message edited by Hartmann -- 12/19/2016 7:32:25 PM >

(in reply to ghostrider293)
Post #: 4
RE: USA not spending points - 12/19/2016 7:49:59 PM   
Ironclad

Winning as the Allies (playing all majors for them) I was regularly having by 1944 4500 to 5000 plus unspent MPPs per turn for the Soviets and that was after building all available units except an engineer and maxing out on research and on diplomacy.

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 5
RE: USA not spending points - 12/19/2016 7:56:59 PM   
Hartmann

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ironclad

Winning as the Allies (playing all majors for them) I was regularly having by 1944 4500 to 5000 plus unspent MPPs per turn for the Soviets and that was after building all available units except an engineer and maxing out on research and on diplomacy.

Yeah, they were straight out winning dominantly too and that's why I wasn't worried about it - I still noted the difference to when I was playing them myself: I buy and max out everything possible while they seemed content to let certain stuff alone.

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 6
RE: USA not spending points - 12/19/2016 8:08:36 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi everyone

If this happens early in the war, and the accumulated MPPs are large, please can you have a look at these respective countries and check that their resource levels are as they should be, i.e. cities at strength 10, towns at 8?

If not please send me a save, preferably zipped, to: bill.runacre@furysoftware.com

Thanks

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 7
RE: USA not spending points - 12/21/2016 7:14:35 AM   
GavCol

Thanks ...may do so.
USA still keeping about 1200 points but June 42 and it has a v large army with good techs and refuses to do anything.
No aircraft sent to U.K. Who are in a air and fleet struggle at the mo losing ships.

In the east I'm fighting just before Leningrad Moscow and crumbling around Tehran and Baku! Seeing the USA not spending points, not committing army especially air...and soon no Royal Navy (that'd survive with us air) means I think this particular game load is broken. CAnt see ussr holding out against axis with Spain and Mid East resources as well over multiple fronts.
Annoying as very interesting at mo

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> USA not spending points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI