Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hybrid Counters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Hybrid Counters Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/8/2017 7:10:25 PM   
Cataphract88

Hi Angus, I followed your instructions exactly, but still no luck with the Russians, I'm afraid.

I am using Windows 10.

Richard

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 91
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/8/2017 7:54:37 PM   
SIPRES

quote:

ORIGINAL: HimAgain

Hi SIPRES,

Below is a summary of all the Generals listed in order of appearance and in text form just for clarification. (I always get the French Generals mixed up myself)
I did not necessarily stick to the HQ rosters as provided in the game. Clearly there will need to be some compromises made.

As discussed earlier, what should have been done was to lump the Poles in with all the Minor Allies instead of the Canadians. I’m not sure how elaborate your Mod will be but if you wanted to utilize the empty Major 6 slot or move around the Poles as discussed above, I can create the other minor country generals. Or if you want to swap out some of selections I’ve made, please let me know and I will try to accommodate you as much as possible.

A point I was thinking about which you may already considered; would not all the HQ units have to be predefined in a one player game? Having the ability to change the profile yourself is great but in a one player game, you can’t very well be changing the enemy’s HQ attributes during play.

As it is now it will be much like the Allies D-Day spoof of Patton controlling a fictitious army and appearing everywhere at once!

HQ/Generals in order of appearance and Tech Level in my screen shot below

Major 1 Britain:
Lord Gort
Montgomery
Alexander
Auchinleck
Brooke
O'Conner

Major 2 France:
Gamelin
Hutzinger
Besson
Billotte
Weygand
De Gaulle

Major 3 USA
Bradley
Hodges
Eisenhower
Patton
Truscott
Clark

Major 4 Russia
Timoshenko
Zhukov
Chernyakhovsky
Konev
Rokossovsky
Tolbukin

Major 5 Poland
Ridz Smigly

Major 7 Germany
Guderian
Rommel
Von Manstein
Von Rundstedt
Kesselring
Model

Major 8 Italy
Graziani
Garboldi
Balbo
Guzzoni
Giovanni Messe
Annibale Bergonzoli

Allied Minor (mostly Canadian)
Harry Crerar CAN
Guy Simonds CAN
Andrew McNaughton CAN
George Kitching CAN
Leslie Morshead Australian (of Tobruk fame)
John Hamilton Roberts Can

Axis Minor
Mannerheim Finland 0
Jozsef Heszlenyi Hungary 0
Petre Dumitrescu Romania 0
Ivan Marinov Bulgaria 0
Dezso_Laszlo Hungary 1
Leonard Mociulschi Romania 1

(I had this in chart form but it did not paste well into post)

Cheers,

Angus

OK got it
Thanks for detailed leaders list, I will try to make them matching with the campaign file.

Here is the content of the Mod I will proceed (using the base 1939 campaign file)

Change Rocket weapon Research to "Custom HQ display" lets call it "CHD"
Rocket weapon will then be upgradable but by Heavy bomber research item.
All nations HQ (minors/majors) will have a full capacity for this "CHD" upgrade (0 to 5), so no need to invest MPP in research.
All nations HQ will have then the following upgrades
1st CHD 0MPP cost
2nd AA at normal AA MPP cost
3rd Mobility at normal Mobility MPP cost
Cost for this CHD upgrade will be 0MPP, but of course no effect on Att/def, "CHD" will be just a dummy upgrade to allow flexibility in graphics.

There is 4 possible ways where the HQs appears in the campaign.
- The HQ currently on the map at the beginning of the game
I will tweak using editor, no problem
- The HQ in the production queue at the begining of the game
I will tweak using editor, no problem
- The HQ purchased during gameplay
It will be possible to upgrade from 0 to 5 the"CHD" with no additionnal MPP cost.
So no problem
- The HQ appearing on the game following an Event firing
Those ones I will not be able to "control" the display (most likely CHD will be 5 if full research is specified in the script)

I also notice by testing that it will not be possible to upgrade CHD on an HQ on the map during gameplay (game engine does not allow upgrade at 0MPP cost) but if you upgrade AA or mobility at same time then it become possible(at the cost of AA or mobility only).

Maybe for Allied minors you could add some Greek, belgium, dutch leaders instead of Canadians only.

I let you known when campaign file will be ready (shouldnt be too long)

christophe

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 92
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/9/2017 2:29:57 AM   
HimAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: cataphract88

Hi Angus, I followed your instructions exactly, but still no luck with the Russians, I'm afraid.

I am using Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I’m still not sure what's happened. Let’s have a look at the unit_sprites_nato.png file.

Please locate the downloaded Mod file and unzip/expand it again. Then browse to the \Bitmaps\Major_4 folder and try double clicking on the unit_sprites_nato.png located there.

It should open in a viewer of some sort. Please confirm that the correct Mod icons appear by zooming in few levels. If it does not look correct then try downloading the mod file again. Something may have gone wrong with the download.

If it appears OK, close the viewer, right click on the file and select copy.

Then browse to the saved Campaign and to the same \bitmaps\Major_4\ folder located there.
There should be about 4 files there. Double click on the unit_sprites_nato.png and take note what of what appears.

Close the viewer again and then right click on the same file and select rename and add -old at the end of the file.

Then right click on an empty space in the folder and select paste. This will copy the file from the unzipped folder.

Then try restarting the game.

If it still fails, please try restarting the PC and then test by restarting the game again.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Angus.

< Message edited by HimAgain -- 9/9/2017 3:36:34 AM >

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 93
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/9/2017 3:25:25 AM   
HimAgain

Hi Christophe,

I'm thinking that we should drop the latter two minor Axis generals and replace them with perhaps a Swedish and Spanish general. They are the most likely to join to Axis with a little arm twisting? This would better fit your idea?

I'm not sure which Minor Allied countries we should include that will have HQ units. We need to include Turkey here I’m thinking. Could you list which you would like to appear and I'll do my best to get them created.

I would also like to understand what will happens when you combine the Rockets with the Heavy Bomber research. If it means that both advance together, it could be exploited.

I understand that you will need to reserve a 5 level Tech tree for this. Is there a better choice?

We should also create another thread. All this talk might confuse the casual player about the scope of the original vanilla graphics mod.

Let me know what you think on each item.

Thanks again,
Angus.

< Message edited by HimAgain -- 9/9/2017 3:33:02 AM >

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 94
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/9/2017 4:57:25 AM   
HimAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hairog

I often forget when using paint.net to switch from .pdn to .png when saving. Could something like that be the problem?

Hi Hairog,

I wish it were that simple. I'm thinking it's the Windows OS providing a old cached file perhaps.
Are you seeing the same problem as Richard?

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 95
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/9/2017 6:54:48 AM   
SIPRES

quote:

Hi Christophe,

I'm thinking that we should drop the latter two minor Axis generals and replace them with perhaps a Swedish and Spanish general. They are the most likely to join to Axis with a little arm twisting? This would better fit your idea?

Ok I will change campaign file according to the following:

Axis Minor
0 Mannerheim Finland
1 Jozsef Heszlenyi Hungary
2 Petre Dumitrescu Romania
3 Ivan Marinov Bulgaria
4 Swedish general
5 Spanish general

I'm not sure which Minor Allied countries we should include that will have HQ units. We need to include Turkey here I’m thinking. Could you list which you would like to appear and I'll do my best to get them created.

Here is a proposal for Allied Minor
0 Harry Crerar CANADA
1 Greek General
2 Dutch/Belgium general
3 Turkish general
4 Yugoslavian general (Tito)
5 Maybe a generic general portrait for remaining allies.

I would also like to understand what will happens when you combine the Rockets with the Heavy Bomber research. If it means that both advance together, it could be exploited.

Rocket upgrade disapear (becomes "CHD"), to compensate this I did allow the Rocket units (V1, V2 ect) to be upgradable via heavy bomber tech.
Need some playtesting to see what happens.

I understand that you will need to reserve a 5 level Tech tree for this. Is there a better choice?
Choice was difficult as I didnt want to change too much the gameplay, I think Rocket upgrade was the best choice, its actually used by Germany only and to be honest after few play as AXIS I must recognize that I never use them.

We should also create another thread. All this talk might confuse the casual player about the scope of the original vanilla graphics mod.
Agree, I can start a new one with the campaign file attached

Thanks again,
Angus.

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 96
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/10/2017 12:28:38 AM   
Cataphract88

quote:

quote:

I am using Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I’m still not sure what's happened. Let’s have a look at the unit_sprites_nato.png file.

Please locate the downloaded Mod file and unzip/expand it again. Then browse to the \Bitmaps\Major_4 folder and try double clicking on the unit_sprites_nato.png located there.

It should open in a viewer of some sort. Please confirm that the correct Mod icons appear by zooming in few levels. If it does not look correct then try downloading the mod file again. Something may have gone wrong with the download.

If it appears OK, close the viewer, right click on the file and select copy.

Then browse to the saved Campaign and to the same \bitmaps\Major_4\ folder located there.
There should be about 4 files there. Double click on the unit_sprites_nato.png and take note what of what appears.

Close the viewer again and then right click on the same file and select rename and add -old at the end of the file.

Then right click on an empty space in the folder and select paste. This will copy the file from the unzipped folder.

Then try restarting the game.

If it still fails, please try restarting the PC and then test by restarting the game again.

Thanks,

Angus.

Hi Angus, I have downloaded this again and started anew, but no luck! I can examine the new Russian images when they are extracted on my desktop or in a folder, but as soon as I place them in bitmaps\major_04 they revert back to the standard versions. I have never actually seen this happen before.

This still happens when I rename the standard file 'old'.

I think I will just have to wait for an update.

Richard

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 97
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/10/2017 1:23:30 AM   
HimAgain

You say the that file immediately reverted back to the original after copying it without even relaunching the game?
This bizarre behavior may be more related to the Windows OS and not the necessarily the game, but I did have the same thing happen to me when you first pointed this out. The game may also be somehow 'locking' up this file.

Please launch the saved game and switch to the 3D icons, re-save and then end the game. This might 'unlock' the file.

Then try deleting both the 'old' backup and your recently copied unit_sprites_nato.png file from the Major_04 folder in the campaign folder. Then recopy the modded unit_sprites_nato.png to the campaign folder once again. Check that it remains correct then relaunch the game and deselect 3D icons.

Thanks,

< Message edited by HimAgain -- 9/10/2017 2:28:09 AM >

Post #: 98
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/10/2017 2:13:25 AM   
HimAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: SIPRES

quote:

Hi Christophe,

Ok I will change campaign file according to the following:

Axis Minor
0 Mannerheim Finland
1 Jozsef Heszlenyi Hungary
2 Petre Dumitrescu Romania
3 Ivan Marinov Bulgaria
4 Swedish general Olof Gerhard Thonell (only grainy pics avail but i will do my best)
5 Spanish general Franco

Here is a proposal for Allied Minor
0 Harry Crerar CANADA
1 Greek General Papagos
2 Dutch/Belgium general Winkelman (Dutch General for both?)
3 Turkish general Toydemir
4 Yugoslavian general (Tito) I checked and there is no Yugoslav General in the game. Did you intend to create him? I would prefer not to and suggest we put in Generalissimo Franco again on the Allied side. A frustrated Germany might try the Gibraltar thru Spain gambit after diplomacy fails.
5 Maybe a generic general portrait for remaining allies. I suggest Guy Simonds. He has the de rigeur mustache, typical beret and can be purchased as the second Canadian HQ.

Rocket upgrade disapear (becomes "CHD"), to compensate this I did allow the Rocket units (V1, V2 ect) to be upgradable via heavy bomber tech.
Need some playtesting to see what happens. OK, lets see what your tests uncover

Choice was difficult as I didnt want to change too much the gameplay, I think Rocket upgrade was the best choice, its actually used by Germany only and to be honest after few play as AXIS I must recognize that I never use them. OK

Agree, I can start a new one with the campaign file attached
Yes, please make it so.
To avoid confusion. I would like to keep the same files for both your Mod and this one above so this one will need to be updated once we're done.
Thanks.

Thanks again,
Angus.

< Message edited by HimAgain -- 9/10/2017 2:32:13 AM >

(in reply to SIPRES)
Post #: 99
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/10/2017 8:34:53 AM   
Cataphract88

quote:

You say the that file immediately reverted back to the original after copying it without even relaunching the game?
This bizarre behavior may be more related to the Windows OS and not the necessarily the game, but I did have the same thing happen to me when you first pointed this out. The game may also be somehow 'locking' up this file.

Please launch the saved game and switch to the 3D icons, re-save and then end the game. This might 'unlock' the file.

Then try deleting both the 'old' backup and your recently copied unit_sprites_nato.png file from the Major_04 folder in the campaign folder. Then recopy the modded unit_sprites_nato.png to the campaign folder once again. Check that it remains correct then relaunch the game and deselect 3D icons.

Thanks,

Tried all of the above, but still no success, however, strangely enough, Spires '1939 HQ' version Soviet counters work fine on my pc, so for the time being I will stick with that.

On a smaller note, if you were looking at developing your mod further, I thought you might like to know that the British and German naval ensigns are reversed (like mirror images). At least they are on my machine!

Hope this helps, and thanks for all your help.

Richard

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 100
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/10/2017 4:51:49 PM   
HimAgain

Hi Richard,

Sorry that I've not been able figure out why this is happening.
I will continue to try and replicate it in order to solve the mystery.

With regards to the ensigns, it's actually by design. I was hoping to have them displayed as they would appear hanging from the lanyard based on the direction that the ships were sailing. They will reverse when the ship sails right to left in my upcoming 3D/NATO version.

In the that version all the silhouettes reverse and point to face the closest enemy.

I hope to get back to you soon with a solution or updated file.

Cheers,

Attachment (1)

Post #: 101
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/10/2017 5:20:53 PM   
Cataphract88

I forgot about wind direction!

Your future plans sound cool, good luck with the mod.

Richard

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 102
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/10/2017 6:42:46 PM   
SIPRES

quote:

quote:

Thanks,

Tried all of the above, but still no success, however, strangely enough, Spires '1939 HQ' version Soviet counters work fine on my pc, so for the time being I will stick with that.

hello Richard
check the content of your campaign.ini file (open and edit with any text editor)
If your campaign name is "my campaign test" then you should have a folder called "_my campaign test"
campaign.ini is located in this folder

#CUSTOM_BITMAPS= 1
#CUSTOM_INTERFACE= 1
#CUSTOM_SOUND= 0
#CUSTOM_MUSIC= 0
#CUSTOM_FONTS= 0
#CUSTOM_LOCALIZATION= 1

you must have #CUSTOM_BITMAPS= 1 (if 0 then game engine will continue to use vanilla Nato's)
Not sure this is the problem you met, but could be

Christophe

On a smaller note, if you were looking at developing your mod further, I thought you might like to know that the British and German naval ensigns are reversed (like mirror images). At least they are on my machine!

Hope this helps, and thanks for all your help.

Post #: 103
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/10/2017 11:02:51 PM   
Cataphract88

Hi Christophe, just to confirm that I have checked and all the files have the same configuration as shown in your example, but it still does not work.

Richard

(in reply to SIPRES)
Post #: 104
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/11/2017 2:38:38 PM   
HimAgain

Hi Richard,

Good news. I was able to replicate the problem and have a possible fix for you.

Please download the attached file and unzip it.
Then copy the extracted unit_sprites.png file to the Bitmaps\Major_4 folder in the saved campaign location. Replace the original when prompted.
Then launch the game, start the campaign and select the 3D counter option. Then have a look at the Russian counters and confirm that they are the Mod version.

Then close the game and go back to the Bitmaps\Major_4 folder in the Campaign location.
Delete the unit_sprites_nato.png file.
Right click on the new downloaded unit_sprites.png in the same folder, select copy and then paste the file into the same folder.
Then right click on the copied file and rename it to unit_sprites_nato.png
Re-launch the game and then deselect the 3D icons option. The Russians should appear properly.

Please confirm that it worked for you. I’m not sure what’s causing this problem. It seems to be isolated and only affecting some user created campaigns that we then paste my modded counters into.

If it still does not work please try SIPRES 1939 Campaign using Hybrid Counters. His Campaign already contains the same Hybrid counters and may work smoother for you.
In fact, you should try his Mod either way as it provides better control over which Generals face appears on the HQ units.

Please let me know how it works out.

Thanks,

Attachment (1)

Post #: 105
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/11/2017 5:47:12 PM   
Cataphract88

Thanks a lot, Angus, that worked.

Richard

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 106
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/11/2017 6:24:23 PM   
HimAgain

Glad that it worked.

Sorry to put you through all of that, but it was a strange problem.

Cheers

< Message edited by HimAgain -- 9/30/2017 4:51:04 AM >

Post #: 107
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/29/2017 2:01:32 AM   
HimAgain

Hi All,

I continue to inch forward on my goal to release the 2.0 Update.

Along with many little tweaks this update will also replace the current 3D units with these same Hybrid NATO units. This will allow the units to flip to face a nearby enemy and include the animated motorized transport to flash on the screen during movement. It will also allow the Naval Ensigns to flip and fly with the wind as the ships change their sailing direction. (See above post 101)

I’m hoping to also address a problem that I’m experiencing with light coloured units with a low readiness value. With my failing eyesight I find myself leaning close to the screen just to read the strength value of the units. The problem is compounded by any bad weather further obscuring the screen.

I’ve created a darker shadow behind the strength value to improve the contrast. This should make it a little easier to read for us older guys. (See my samples below of Rommel and the DAK as they fight their way through both the Brits and a ‘Desert Storm’ :)

I’ve cleaned up the 20mm flakvierling, switched to a less dark background on American armor, fleshed out the 3 tiers of DDs for the American Navy (Fletcher, Sumner and Gearing), etc.
See some samples below.

Any comments are always welcome.

Cheers,

Angus

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HimAgain -- 9/30/2017 4:50:33 AM >

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 108
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/29/2017 2:56:14 PM   
Cataphract88

Hi Angus,

I'd say that the changes are a step in the right direction.

Thank you for continuing to work on your mod.

Richard

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 109
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/29/2017 8:57:04 PM   
RussW

12Best thing that's happened to the game for me..I started wargaming in the 70's and still like my counters over pictures makes it easier to see what's going on,,,good work and thank you

< Message edited by RussW -- 9/29/2017 8:58:26 PM >

Post #: 110
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/30/2017 4:58:58 AM   
HimAgain

quote:

Hi Angus,

I'd say that the changes are a step in the right direction.

Thank you for continuing to work on your mod.

Hi Richard,

I'm still experimenting with the darker shadows. It may not be required for the units above 50% readiness as their brighter white numerals make them easy to read already. I may just do it for the units below 50%. We'll see what other responses we get.

As always, thanks for your feedback.

Angus,

Post #: 111
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/30/2017 5:08:22 AM   
HimAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: RussW

12Best thing that's happened to the game for me..I started wargaming in the 70's and still like my counters over pictures makes it easier to see what's going on,,,good work and thank you

Thanks for the feedback RussW. I feel the same way as you and I'm most comfortable playing with old school counters. I believe they help you assess the situation much more quickly.

But now you've got me curious and I have to ask, what were the other 11 best things that have happened?

< Message edited by HimAgain -- 9/30/2017 5:22:06 AM >

(in reply to RussW)
Post #: 112
RE: Hybrid Counters - 9/30/2017 11:12:14 AM   
mroyer

>I'm most comfortable playing with old school counters.

Yes! Like RussW I started gaming in the '70s. I think part of it is simply familiarity and fluency with the traditional counter style, but I also think pictograph symbols (as cool as they can be) required additional visual processing to translate to cerebral concepts.

-Mark R.

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 113
RE: Hybrid Counters - 10/14/2017 1:14:22 AM   
HimAgain

Hi All,

Below is a sample of the latest changes planned for the 2.0 Update.

I plan to replace the 3D units with the Hybrid NATO Counters. This will allow the transport animations to flash on the screen if you select the option, along with some small variations in the unit counters.

It will include a fix for the scripted Italian Expeditionary force deployment to Russia which I’ve been discussing with SIPRES. It will correctly display Messe’s HQ portrait if you use SIPRES 1939 Campaign using Hybrid Counters Mod once we update it.

You will notice the Unit Strength and Attribute values extend below the counters. These include the higher contrast Strength Values discussed earlier.

One other compromise is that unlike the NATO counters where the correct flag is superimposed on the HQ counters, the Minor HQ Flags are now limited to the preset 6 Generals and their respective countries for each side. You will have to manually change them.

Hope you like them.

Cheers,

Angus

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HimAgain -- 10/15/2017 3:47:27 PM >

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 114
RE: Hybrid Counters - 10/15/2017 10:20:27 AM   
BillRunacre

Great work!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 115
RE: Hybrid Counters - 10/15/2017 5:46:25 PM   
Cataphract88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

Great work!

+1

Richard

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 116
RE: Hybrid Counters - 10/17/2017 10:37:05 AM   
sanderz

possible bug???
or maybe an installation problem my end - i just copied the bitmap folder into the main directory

updated game to 1.10
started new campaign
german leaders all show guderian pic
loaded up allied campaign - leaders were fine (all different)

thanks for a great mod

Post #: 117
RE: Hybrid Counters - 10/18/2017 1:16:33 AM   
HimAgain

Hi Sanderz,

I’m glad you like the mod. I enjoy using them myself because it really helps me see what’s happening at a glance and the HQ portraits add some immersion by literally adding a face to the units.

I’ve just upgraded to 1.10 myself and loaded a few saved games. All appears to be working normally. Nothing of what I read in the 1.10 upgrades would affect the HQ displays. By overwriting the Bitmaps folder in the main directory, you’ve overwritten the standard NATO Counters. Unless you play a custom campaign, all your games will now use the Hybrid NATO counters unless you select the 3D counters.

If you install the Mod to either the main directory or the preferred campaign folder it should still work the same. It is normal for all the German HQ counters to display Guderian at the start of the game. In this mod, you only have limited control over which HQs portraits display by upgrading their Ant-Aircraft Defense attribute.

SIPRES has created a campaign which is basically the standard 1939 Campaign using these Hybrid counters but with expanded control over which HQ portraits appear. He’s introduced a new Custom HQ Display attribute which has a 0 MPP cost. You can use this to more easily change the HQ Portrait. There are still some limitations but it’s much better if you want more control of the HQ portraits. He’s also allowed for the scripted appearance of the BEF and DAK units as well as matching the starting Major countries HQs and portraits. I highly recommend it.

You can download it from this post: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4342847

If you chose to download it, be sure to place it in the correct campaigns folder this time. :)

Cheers,

Angus

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 118
RE: Hybrid Counters - 10/18/2017 6:26:25 AM   
sanderz

thanks for the reply and info (i kept a backup so will be able to restore things)

as a matter of curiosity - why do the german pics just show guderian but the allied ones are all different?

cheers

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 119
RE: Hybrid Counters - 10/19/2017 4:38:05 AM   
HimAgain

Hi Sanderz,

Each major country has their own roster of generals. The portraits progress via an upgrade to the Anti-Aircraft Defense value. Guderian’s Pic is in the 0 Slot which is equal the 0 AA Defense value.
For example, if you were to purchase an upgrade to an HQ’s AA Defense value the portrait will progress just like the Tank units silhouettes do with Advanced Tank progress.

Sorry, but it’s been a sore point that I could not do any better without making any other changes and still keep the Mod widely compatible with other peoples custom campaigns.

The good news is that SIPRES’s campaign Mod addresses this limitation to a certain extent. Where possible it also matches all the starting Major Country’s HQs, HQs in production and possible scripted HQ deployments with the correct Generals portrait. It’s a great improvement and I suggest downloading it if you haven’t already.

We can’t seem to get the minor axis/allies HQs to display properly yet on initial deployment but we’re hoping that a future patch from Hubert and his team helps us out with this.

I should have made this clearer in the first page of the post but I've done so now.

I hope you continue to use it despite this limitation and FYI, I’ll be releasing an update soon which addresses several minor issues and makes some graphic improvements.

Cheers,

Angus.

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Hybrid Counters Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI