Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/27/2017 7:10:30 PM   
operating

Turn 28

Central Baltic

Not sure how it happened, but it seems one of the supply convoys almost broke away from the trap last turn. (forgot to take SS for the entire last turn) The 2 German cruisers went to the bottom this turn allowing my sub fleets to have direct contact with the German admiral's flag ship. While trying to get into combat positions around the German pre-dreadnaught ran into enemy subs (kinda figured opnn would not have sent the pre-dreadnaught unprotected a few turns ago). The 3 sub fleets that were in repair joined this frenzy and the balloons picked off a couple of the new German subs. It will be hard for the German fleets to escape this mess..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/27/2017 7:24:42 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 181
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/27/2017 7:47:51 PM   
Robotron

Wow, quite a Baltic version of the battle of Jutland going on there.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 182
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 12:41:52 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Robotron

Without the intervention of the English navy I doubt the Russians would have had their success here.. Historically I do not know if the English navy was active here. The narrowness of map waters here makes for a blockader's dream. Personally; thoroughly enjoyed this fight, but what a disaster for any CP player having their supply convoys being delayed.

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 183
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 12:44:41 PM   
operating

Turn 28

France

Recapturing Calais is the high-light of this turn. First the English dreadnaughts came as close to shore as possible to the city and let loose with a horrific bombardment that killed about a quarter of the demoralized defenders, who were then strafed and bombed into a disorganized mob that the English cavalry quickly seized upon, who then killed or captured all remaining garrison defenders. It's the first small victory Entente has had at this front in a long time, hoping it will not be the last. Did air-strikes and bombardments to possible units that would try to retake the city and transported a garrison off shore to bolster this beachhead next turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/28/2017 1:11:01 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 184
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 12:47:00 PM   
nehi

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

quote:

Without the intervention of the English navy I doubt the Russians would have had their success here.. Historically I do not know if the English navy was active here. The narrowness of map waters here makes for a blockader's dream. Personally; thoroughly enjoyed this fight, but what a disaster for any CP player having their supply convoys being delayed.

cp have to win fast or to die slowly anyway, convoys are not big deal in that

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 185
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 1:18:57 PM   
operating

In the first versions of this game fresh CP convoys only consisted of 7 or less strengths, might have been as low as a 3-4, but with a 10 strength convoy a nation receives 100 PP. In the wartime Germany in this game 100 PP is likely 2 and a half times of their total net PP.

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 186
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 1:24:53 PM   
nehi

entente has much more convoys and much more production and can block cp easily

cp have to win fast, not to rely on convoys, it wont change anything

whats the cost of protecting convoys? its maybe as expensive as its income

while entente can easily block it, even more expensive and most likely useless spendings

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/28/2017 1:31:12 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 187
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 5:05:29 PM   
operating

Turn 28

Italy

opnn has done an excellent job slaughtering the Italian front line infantry (red circles) much to my chagrin. Have moved up English and French units to support this front while Italy rallies it troops, to be honest opnn has come across real strong here, it's rather surprising..! Upgraded many Italian units with AA and also repaired many units including others. Was able to dispatch the AH armored cruiser fleet at Split. ATM all I am trying to do here is dig-in, I'm not all that confident this front will hold.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/28/2017 5:16:52 PM >

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 188
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 5:33:38 PM   
operating

Turn 28

Erzurum

This front has really opened up with the capture of Erzurum. opnn has a strong force to the city's west, more formidable than mine, however I have the numbers which are being used for flanking. Flanking is my only real weapon here atm. Spotted a lone Turk garrison coming from the south, perhaps I can out-flank that too.. I'm OK with setting up a front where the blue line is right now. Not too keen on spending to buy more units for this theater, more concerned with what is happening up north..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/28/2017 5:43:38 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 189
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 5:53:53 PM   
operating

Turn 28

Sinai

Fighters harried the Turk commander softening him up for a later ground attack, did go after his cav, would like to him withdraw so I can use my air-power on other front line units with out air unit losses. The armored car arrived here a little prematurely, they are great for breakthroughs at this front, where it is so congested.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/28/2017 6:01:52 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 190
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 7:29:15 PM   
Robotron

I wonder whether the Warsaw pocket will still exist at the end of the game.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 191
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 7:52:42 PM   
operating

quote:

I wonder whether the Warsaw pocket will still exist at the end of the game.

We're at around turn 50-51. For the longest time opnn did not challenge me there, if anything I would challenge him, but neither of us had the strength to go one-way or the other. We chatted and shared some confidential match info to a point, it was clear he suffered badly economically, so I tried to lay off the strategic bombing to give him some breathing room for PP, it's so easy to depend/rely on the English balloons to do much of the heavy work. Where balloons operate on the same distance factor as zeps makes it almost inconceivable that's the way it was in WW I, so I feel somewhat guilty using them extensively as I have done and get a little P O when others do it to when the tables are turned, mind you opnn does strategic bombing too and has accomplished bringing Italy to it's knees. To get back to your comment: Warsaw will stay a Russian Warsaw to the end, it depends on if I give opnn "too much" breathing room.

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 192
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 8:05:48 PM   
Robotron

You really should try my mod and either persuade Zombo (at Slitherene's) or nehi for a MP challenge.
Okay, nehi would probably decline because he might actually lose a match. :P

Anyway, hope your opponent in this match will not quit the game any time soon as I really enjoy reading your reports.

< Message edited by Robotron -- 2/28/2017 8:07:34 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 193
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 8:29:28 PM   
nehi

hes rejecting my challenges for more than last year, he feels he will pay terrible prize for his blimp tactics this time

even ive offered both sides aar to satisfy his documentary soul

btw easiest way to get my scalp is in 1916 scenario, its just totally imbalanced in favor of cp, i believe im able to win it as cp in like 15 turns vs anyone

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/28/2017 8:36:53 PM >

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 194
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 8:57:34 PM   
operating

quote:

You really should try my mod and either persuade Zombo (at Slitherene's) or nehi for a MP challenge.
Okay, nehi would probably decline because he might actually lose a match. :P

Anyway, hope your opponent in this match will not quit the game any time soon as I really enjoy reading your reports.

Eventually I will get around to your mod and do a couple of dry runs to get a feel for it, there's no doubt it will be an intel bonanza. ATM have 3 or 4 active matches with a couple that have been on the back burner. I started a match with some in house rules, but could not get my head into the game, I'm a player who needs the hard coded rules to go by. opnn was getting (in my words) a bit disenchanted with the current match, so when it was just about the time Romania entered I DOW'd Bulgaria the turn before, which kind of unleashed a "mad dog" in the way opnn has been playing since and unrelenting for which I was not totally prepared for, but not caught with my pants down, if you know what I mean..

Since you like the AAR so much, it gave me the wind to go another 100 posts..

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 195
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 9:01:48 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: nehi

hes rejecting my challenges for more than last year, he feels he will pay terrible prize for his blimp tactics this time

btw easiest way to get my scalp is in 1916 scenario, its just totally imbalanced in favor of cp, i believe im able to win it as cp in like 15 turns vs anyone

Anytime I hear nehi suggest something, that is the bell telling me to go the other way..!! nehi, your unbelievable..!!

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 196
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 9:21:44 PM   
operating

Turn 30

Poison Gas

opnn has elected to use Poison Gas, it's the quickest way not to make friends. If he had any hope of getting Bulgaria to go over to CP anytime soon, he just blew it. On the other side, it causes Romania and others to either go on the march to war, or lean even further towards the Entente cause. Chlorine Gas is the first, Phosgene Gas is the second and Mustard Gas is the third, as of yet I do not know which was used. Neither side at this time has gas protection and will have none for quite a few turns, so best to stock up on your ammunition before using gas.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/28/2017 9:35:03 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 197
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 9:45:53 PM   
nehi

quote:

quote:

Anytime I hear nehi suggest something, that is the bell telling me to go the other way..!! nehi, your unbelievable..!!

but u r beliavable, all the time saying something about im just talking and not doing aars, but when i offered u can taste both, u just fall back

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 198
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 9:56:51 PM   
operating

Turn 30

France

Did not think that English cav was going to last all that long from post #184, but what it did do was open up a path for the garrison to disembark and also sent opnn into a tizzy to beat down these new threats to his turf. Directed all my air-power to degrade, damage and kill whatever they could north and west of Paris, followed up with artillery and infantry attacks, it seemed to have the desired effect, a lot of his guys are in trouble and taking a beating. This is about the time I slacked off from strategic bombing and went just about totally tactical. I did not even try to put in all the red lines of attack for there were so many, to say the least opnn knew I meant business here.. Also noticed during the course of this match my opponent has been relying more and more on AH taking up the slack...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/28/2017 10:12:39 PM >

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 199
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 10:19:27 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

quote:

but u r beliavable, all the time saying something about im just talking and not doing aars, but when i offered u can taste both, u just fall back

Oh great! You want to do an AAR providing I do all the work...!! You are funny..!!

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 200
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/28/2017 10:25:54 PM   
nehi

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh great! You want to do an AAR providing I do all the work...!! You are funny..!!

double sided aar, that means twice as good as your alone

or me alone, i dont really care, same portion of work anyway

u should stop guessing what im thinking

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/28/2017 10:31:27 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 201
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 4:11:31 AM   
operating

quote:

quote:

at least now u r sure about cities/ports have LOS

NOPE..! I'm going to ask opnn what he saw and how he saw it? Then I will give you a definitive answer...OK...? The only thing is; I have not heard from him all weekend..

nehi

I get what opnn says overall, but he included the part about having a zeppelin in range (which I know is true, experienced it myself). My thinking is: If there was no zeppelin handy then it might be possible for city not to see a transport after it has moved and stopped (becomes invisible as opnn mentions).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 3/1/2017 4:19:15 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 202
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 8:03:03 AM   
nehi

but if understand it right, it doesnt say anything about whats seen or unseen when there is no unit in the city

i just dont believe cities/ports have useless LOS which is no doubt there when the hexes are empty, as i showed u on screenshot from ai game, there was no FoW

what should be its purpose then?

i guess u have to chose its hex to identify it, but unit is there and noticable

< Message edited by nehi -- 3/1/2017 10:21:42 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 203
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 1:37:04 PM   
operating

quote:

but if understand it right, it doesnt say anything about whats seen or unseen when there is no unit in the city

i just dont believe cities/ports have useless LOS which is no doubt there when the hexes are empty, as i showed u on screenshot from ai game, there was no FoW

You are close to understanding the situation, you need to pay close attention to the first question I posed to opnn, which to my understanding he answered to the best of his knowledge, if there is an alternative I'd like to see "it" and "it" be verified.

If opnn does not mind, I will conduct another test during our match to see if another situation is possible. What is learned here is for everybody to learn, not to keep as a secret only to myself, such as some players know, but do not want to share, even though the answers are right in front of all player's noses....

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 204
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 2:00:09 PM   
operating

Turn 30

Italy

opnn is continuing to press the attack and has advanced further into Italy. I'm more concerned than ever he will breakthrough and shatter my units, he managed to tag my Italian artillery for a 5 strength loss, forcing the artillery to withdraw and repair. Another Italian garrison showed up by Florence and many other units repaired. I believe besides the French balloon support that other English balloons by Paris pitched in to try and suppress the AH offensive. You can see that CP airpower is taking hits and likely will have to repair. If successful this offensive could possibly win opnn the war..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 3/1/2017 2:15:55 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 205
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 2:10:34 PM   
nehi

quote:

quote:

You are close to understanding the situation, you need to pay close attention to the first question I posed to opnn, which to my understanding he answered to the best of his knowledge, if there is an alternative I'd like to see "it" and "it" be verified.

If opnn does not mind, I will conduct another test during our match to see if another situation is possible. What is learned here is for everybody to learn, not to keep as a secret only to myself, such as some players know, but do not want to share, even though the answers are right in front of all player's noses....

i just dont believe there is something like 2 kinds of LOS, at least i dont see point in it

< Message edited by nehi -- 3/1/2017 2:11:48 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 206
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 2:38:23 PM   
operating

OK, here's what I am talking about on a slightly different angle: Placing a transport next to a enemy "non-city" non-occupied hex(s) to see if the same conditions exist as what opnn observed with a non occupied city hex.. (1), to see if a non-city hex has LOS (2), To compare if the city hex and a regular land hex have the same LOS (3), Also to see if enemy air has any input on what's there (if air is present or not).. (4), To watch and see if there is any reaction noticeable to the transport maneuver. (5), The only variable to this test would be if enemy subs or surface fleets are close enough to spot the maneuver, or where the transport stopped, which would negate the test.

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 207
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 2:53:36 PM   
operating

Turn 30

Constantinople

This capital is surrounded, cutting off full supply for I believe for a radius of 30 connecting Turk hexes. That's why the Gallipoli Fort SG is at half supply and likely any other nearby Turk units will be in the same state of half-supply. The Constantinople SG is down to a strength of 4 and fatigued, it could to a 7 during turn change, the Gallipoli SG is at a 6 strength, but can only repair to a 8 because of half-supply, plus SGs cannot move when at half-supply. These cities should fall soon. The only other Turk capital is at Bagdad, too far away to be of supply help here. I could move my Russian sub or surface fleet to near Constantinople port but is dangerous waters because of the green dots..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 3/1/2017 3:07:41 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 208
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 3:16:12 PM   
nehi

quote:

OK, here's what I am talking about on a slightly different angle: Placing a transport next to a enemy "non-city" non-occupied hex(s) to see if the same conditions exist as what opnn observed with a non occupied city hex.. (1), to see if a non-city hex has LOS (2), To compare if the city hex and a regular land hex have the same LOS (3), Also to see if enemy air has any input on what's there (if air is present or not).. (4), To watch and see if there is any reaction noticeable to the transport maneuver. (5), The only variable to this test would be if enemy subs or surface fleets are close enough to spot the maneuver, or where the transport stopped, which would negate the test.

thats completely different, because empty hex has no LOS over sea... cities and ports have los on sea, both at my screenshot from north africa visible

im lost in your toughts, whats the problem u set transport just nearby empty city and ask opnn if he is seeing it or not? not sub nor aircraft to negate the test

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 209
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 3/1/2017 3:20:54 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

thats completely different, because empty hex has no LOS over sea... cities and ports have los on sea, both at my screenshot from north africa visible

im lost in your toughts, whats the problem u set transport just nearby empty city and ask opnn if he is seeing it or not? not sub nor aircraft to negate the test

I'll let you know the results of the test "Matrix Trooper"...

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI