Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New record!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> New record! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New record! - 2/21/2017 9:36:44 AM   
Thorsten

Score: 0
The game crashed 6 times in 3.5 hours. New record!
Post #: 1
RE: New record! - 2/22/2017 1:06:40 AM   
bo

I am not questioning your integrity, your ability to set up the game properly, nothing in fact I feel kind of sorry for you because you are not enjoying this very good game.

Something is not kosher here, I have been playing the game for hours on end everyday day in every day out and only once has the game crashed, and that might have been my fault, I am sorry to say this is your fault or your computers fault, the rest is BS. Do not blame the game for your mistakes please.

Bo

(in reply to Thorsten)
Post #: 2
RE: New record! - 2/22/2017 1:58:32 AM   
Patrat

Its not necessarily his computers fault. Every computer setup is different. Just because the game happens to like your computers configuration, doesn't mean his computer is setup wrong. Another game, or even a patch on this one, might like his configuration better and then you could be the one getting crashes. I've seen it happen before.

Anyway this game, or any game, has to be able to run on a variety of different setups, not just yours.

BTW, before the beta patch, I had certain games where I had even more crashes than he's reporting. It would sometimes crash repeatedly trying to unload units in Britain.

Before you say my computers messed up too, I'd like to point out that I can play games a lot more demanding than this flawlessly. Heck I was even playing Star Citizen this weekend and didn't crash once and that game is still in Alpha if I'm not mistaken.

< Message edited by Patrat -- 2/22/2017 2:24:48 AM >

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 3
RE: New record! - 2/22/2017 4:37:56 PM   
bo

Easy Patrat was not being nasty if you read my post right, but if I was a new poster trying to decide on buying this game or not that post would clinch it for me. Did not feel it was fair to the game or Matrix.

He might have said what kind of a computer he has operating system etc, I have a plain old dell and it works just fine.

Bo

(in reply to Thorsten)
Post #: 4
RE: New record! - 2/22/2017 4:47:32 PM   
Bylandt11

I have had the same happen as the OP. Mostly (90%) "failed to blit surface". Sometimes some other error message.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 5
RE: New record! - 2/22/2017 4:54:03 PM   
Thorsten

Oh,

no problem. I am definitely no computer expert. But the computer is five weeks old - should be ok.

I had:
2 * "failed o blight surface

2 * crashed after ending on the hex south of Basra

2 * pressing a button on the production or diplomacy box

1 crash where I forgot the reason.

Ok, it´s even 7 crashes. Proves that I cannot count, too.

Thorsten

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 6
RE: New record! - 2/22/2017 6:38:39 PM   
Patrat

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

Easy Patrat was not being nasty if you read my post right, but if I was a new poster trying to decide on buying this game or not that post would clinch it for me. Did not feel it was fair to the game or Matrix.

He might have said what kind of a computer he has operating system etc, I have a plain old dell and it works just fine.

Bo

Sorry Bo, I guess I came off a little harsh.

I should of said that its better to ask people who are having issues to please be specific about them so they can be addressed, rather than just blaming their computer.

Hubert and Bill are great at fixing issues in the game, but they need to know about them. And there are a lot of people here who can help with tech issues if it is a computer problem.

I hope that sounds better.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 7
RE: New record! - 2/22/2017 7:35:49 PM   
Patrat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thorsten

Oh,

no problem. I am definitely no computer expert. But the computer is five weeks old - should be ok.

I had:
2 * "failed o blight surface

2 * crashed after ending on the hex south of Basra

2 * pressing a button on the production or diplomacy box

1 crash where I forgot the reason.

Ok, it´s even 7 crashes. Proves that I cannot count, too.

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, I just sent a SAVE and an error report to Hubert regarding the blit surface error, which I have been experiencing as well.

Haven't run across the others yet. But I'll report them if I do.

(in reply to Thorsten)
Post #: 8
RE: New record! - 2/22/2017 9:19:44 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Patrat

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

Bo

Sorry Bo, I guess I came off a little harsh.

I should of said that its better to ask people who are having issues to please be specific about them so they can be addressed, rather than just blaming their computer.

Hubert and Bill are great at fixing issues in the game, but they need to know about them. And there are a lot of people here who can help with tech issues if it is a computer problem.

I hope that sounds better.

Much better Patrat, I hate to see players having problems, any problems, it struck me as odd to see all these crashes and I was having none, by the way thank the lord I wasn't because I am in the least to know how to fix any crashes

Bo

(in reply to Patrat)
Post #: 9
RE: New record! - 3/5/2017 3:19:38 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thorsten

The game crashed 6 times in 3.5 hours. New record!

Hi Thorsten,

Can you send me some more info on the errors you've been experiencing?

Can you send me any saved turn where this error is repeatable? If you navigate to the following, replacing <username> with your own user name you should be able to find a subfolder called ERROR. In there is the latest crash file that will be helpful for me in tracking this down. There is also an errorlog.txt that would be helpful for me as well.

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Save

Please send to support@furysoftware.com

Thanks!
Hubert

(in reply to Thorsten)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> New record! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI