Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/23/2019 1:11:42 AM   
rjord2021

When beginning the mod prior to researching hyperdrive you need a way to build a Lambda Class Shuttle to explore the system. You also need to be able to mine the 2 resources that you need.

The picture below shows the reinforced durasteel and carbon fibre on the home planet. All I have to do now is tweak how much of those resources need to be on the planet in case of pirate attacks or other disasters which may require ships to be rebuilt.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/23/2019 4:50:17 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 421
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/24/2019 5:52:43 AM   
rjord2021

For the next version of the mod.....

Each ship graphic that I am adding to the mod has to be tested to make sure that, for example, when the ship is moving towards the right as shown below, that the ship is lined up nose first moving right.

So far I am happy with how the ships are looking and moving in this mod.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 422
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/25/2019 11:21:54 PM   
rjord2021

Testing a new ship for the Empire.....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/26/2019 12:15:59 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 423
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/25/2019 11:24:08 PM   
rjord2021

New music for the mod was finished over the weekend........

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/25/2019 11:25:06 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 424
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/27/2019 12:26:28 AM   
rjord2021

While Solo a Star Wars Story is very unlikely to receive a sequel to explain what was in the first film, it did specify that this character was indeed still alive 10 years before the Battle of Yavin.

As he was a fan favorite who should have had a much better story in the movies, I have worked out how I can add Maul to the mod 10 years after he appeared in Solo.

Picture created for the mod

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/27/2019 12:34:34 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 425
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/27/2019 12:32:41 AM   
rjord2021

Mother Talzin and Asajj Ventress were never wiped out by General Grievous and they too will have an appearance in the mod with the Nightsisters restored to their former prominence.

Picture created for the mod

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/27/2019 12:34:54 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 426
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/27/2019 1:43:25 AM   
rjord2021

Portrait pictures of races and characters are getting an upgrade today.....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/27/2019 1:46:11 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 427
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/27/2019 4:26:00 AM   
rjord2021

An idea of encountering the Nightsisters.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 428
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/27/2019 8:35:26 AM   
rjord2021

Play as Hondo Ohnaka

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 429
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/27/2019 11:29:43 PM   
rjord2021

I am looking at a way of having the Nightsisters playable in this game.
Their characteristics and such still need to be changed.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/27/2019 11:30:00 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 430
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/28/2019 10:31:51 PM   
rjord2021

Preview of new music coming in the next update....

I have been updating the music for the next version of the mod and have created a preview link below of the new music that will be heard when you start the game..... when next version of the mod is released.

The link is to the zip file containing the mp3 file on my Microsoft Onedrive account.
Click here New Menu Music

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/28/2019 10:37:04 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 431
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/29/2019 9:24:16 PM   
rjord2021

When you are at the pre-hyperdrive stage of the mod, at the very beginning, you need to use a Lambda class shuttle to explore the system. The only problem is that your shuttle can not be built as you do not have Hydrogen to build components such as Armor.

The link between resources, components and research is complex. One mistake in modding and you can find Distant Worlds Universe does not even start.... broken.

So I have been unravelling those links so I can get to a stage where resources such as hydrogen are not ncessary to build that first shuttle, your bases, your construction ship and so on.

This morning I am hoping to have resources, components and research all at a stage where I have ship designs tyhat can actually be built. The big issue was that if I have every resource but hydrogen on my home planet, I can't add hydrogen because it is just not scientifically possible. So a complete change in when hydrogen is required and where you get it.

As Hydrogen is produced from water I am looking at ocean worlds being a source of Hydrogen...if the game lets me. Will find that out later today.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 432
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/30/2019 6:19:05 AM   
rjord2021

The Lambda-class T-4a shuttles, as well as the Imperial Tie-fighters, use Twin-Ion engines to travel within a star system. While the Tie-Fighters will never use hyperdrive the Lambda shuttles will use their SFS-204 ion drives until the SFS S/ig-37 hyperdrive becomes available.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/30/2019 6:23:43 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 433
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/30/2019 5:32:27 PM   
rjord2021

5:17 in the morning here in Sydney and I have been working on the research screens all night to replace 100% of the vanilla research with research from the Star Wars Universe.

Over the years I have been modding this game I have encountered one message at least over 500 times.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
This suddenly comes up after several hours of modding and you don't know where the issue is.

As you can see in the message below which breaks the game there are multiple errors with 2 of them related to torpedo weapons. No line number to point out wherein the research file there is an issue.

This is the reason my mods have taken so long to complete.... frustrating but I don't give up.

This particular bug is somewhere between Project 243 and Project 371. I have my game developer hat on today to find the one or two research items that break the game if you remove them from research.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 434
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 11/30/2019 9:13:20 PM   
rjord2021

An update on the last post..... I believe the error is caused when the research item Projectile Weapons are removed from the research tree. This item seems to have some link going elsewhere in the game. When you research projectile weapons it creates long-range guns. Somewhere in here something needs to stay in research or the game crashes at startup.

I will test further today.

In the meantime other work in ship designs.

When you open up the ship design screen and select Show All Designs, Distant Worlds Universe will show you every class of ship available in the game.

If you look at the picture below I currently have only 5 types of military ships showing : 2 classes of Star Destroyers, a Tie Fighter, a Lambda Shuttle Explorer and the Death Star, the latter which is only buildable later in the mod.

When I started this next version of the mod I disabled all military ships and have been allowing some of them back into the mod again by switching their required components back on again.

There are no bases at all and this is because I need to add in an Imperial Docking Bay to allow a base to be available.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 11/30/2019 9:19:46 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 435
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 12/1/2019 12:11:38 AM   
rjord2021

To do a 100% replacement of the vanilla research screens I had to work out why the game crashes if I removed specific research items from the tree. Well, I eventually worked it out and it actually involved several items and not the single one I thought about before.

So in the last hour, I worked out a strategy on how to add Star Wars research to the game.

As seen below for both the Empire and the Rebel Alliance you begin by first doing research on whichever base you want to set up..... Imperial or Rebel. As this is in the first position this research is completed as soon as you start the mod. This research will set up the much-needed components you need to start the game.

The first thing you need to do is start the research of P-s4 twin ion engines if you are the Empire as you will need them for your shuttle and Tie-fighters. If you are the Rebel Alliance you need to start the research of the Incom 4L4 fusial thrust engines used by your X-Wings.

While this research progresses you can have a look at what planets are in your system.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/1/2019 12:12:23 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 436
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 12/1/2019 12:18:40 AM   
rjord2021

When I unlock the much-needed components via research of the bases, the mod will then allow me to build the bases and research stations that were missing before.

At this stage I am more interested in having an Imperial Lambda shuttle or Rebel X-Wing to explore the system, so now I will add in some locks to the other classes of ships and bases, except for the small bases, and these will become unlocked and available with research.

Private freighters will be left alone as I need them to arrive on the home planet when available.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/1/2019 12:23:37 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 437
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 12/1/2019 2:04:55 AM   
rjord2021

While doing some testing I had a look at the galaxy far far away.......

I have disabled pirates for the time being as I was getting game crashes when pirate ships were being built. Once the normal races have been finished I will fix the templates for the pirate ships.

At this stage I have ion drive technology switched off across the galaxy and you need to research it at Tier Level 1.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/1/2019 2:06:38 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 438
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 12/1/2019 4:29:54 AM   
rjord2021

The next step of the mod is to work on resources.
This involves adding in the minerals and gases required to produce the various research projects in the Star Wars universe.

eg 1 Phobium and Chanlon combined with Hfredium create Havod which is used to build Starship hulls.

eg 2 Phobium and Chanlon combined with Doonium Compounds to coat power cores such as that of the second Death Star.

eg 3 Carbon and tibanna gas were combined to create carbonite which was used for various purposes as well as transporting of gas and used by smugglers to create carbonite blocks used for freezing individuals.

Once I have all the Star Wars resources added in I will then begin removing Distant Worlds Universe resources that are no longer needed.

The ultimate aim of this is to have the correct resources coming from the correct planets when I finish with a map.

For example, Dor is the 4th planet in the Endor system and exports:
Doonium
gold
Iron
Lomite
neutronium
Phobium
Zersium

This is the level of detail this mod will have eventually

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/1/2019 5:06:58 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 439
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 12/1/2019 4:41:00 AM   
rjord2021

Erik announced this week that we could see the first screenshots next week showing parts of Distant Worlds 2 and comparing then with Distant Worlds 1.
Am not sure what the timeline means for the release of DW2 but thought I should mention this mod will be finished in DW1 and hopefully moved over easily to DW2 ..... depending on modding capability.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 440
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 12/1/2019 1:00:38 PM   
rjord2021

In Distant Worlds Universe, you have the Gerax HyperDrive, Kaldos HyperDrive, Equinox JumpDrive, Calista-Dal WarpDrive, Torrent Drive and the VelocityDrive. All of these are being scrapped in this mod and replaced with accurate Star Wars Hyperdrive motivators.

For instance with the Starfighters alone:

For Rebel Alliance and Imperial Starfighters you will need to research the individual hyperdrive motivators for each type of fighter before that particular ship has hyperdrive capability.

T-65B X-wing starfighter : Koensayr R300-H hyperdrive motivator
BTL Y-wing starfighter : Koensayr R300-H hyperdrive motivator
RZ-1 A-wing interceptor : Incom GBk-785 hyperdrive motivator
A/SF-01 B-wing starfighter : Slayn & Korpil HYd-997 hyperdrive motivator
Z-95 Headhunter : Gbk-435 hyperdrive motivator

TIE/LN starfighter : None
TIE Advanced x1 starfighter : Sienar ND9 hyperdrive motivator
TIE/ad Avenger starfighter : Sienar ND9 hyperdrive motivator
TIE/D Defender starfighter : Sienar ND9 hyperdrive motivator
Imperial Assault Gunboat : HD7 hyperdrive motivator
Lambda-class T-4a shuttle : SFS S/ig-37 hyperdrive motivator

Millenium Falcon : Isu-Sim SSP05 hyperdrive generator
Tantive IV CR90 Corvette : CEC subspace hyperdrive

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/1/2019 1:01:38 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 441
RE: Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta develo... - 12/7/2019 5:25:06 PM   
tofudog

About Hyperdrives and Hydrogen:

When you mentioned "Science" a few posts back I immediately thought:
Why is Hydrogen even an issue? It is THE most common element in our universe (Wikipedia says it constitutes 75% of the non-baryonic mass (whatever that means) of it). Maybe substitute something else, that isn't literally MUCH more common than dirt?

Hyperdrives: One thing that I always found interesting with StarWars-Hyperdrives was that you could go faster, the more travelled your route was. They explained that with more detailed and current data on positions of hazards, so a safe jump was both faster to calculate and to execute on a well travelled run. Any chance you found a way to make that happen here?

As always I am following your work with great interest.
And just waiting to build a B-Wing bigger than a Star Destroyer :).

WANT... MORE... MODDABILITY...

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 442
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 12/8/2019 5:22:32 AM   
rjord2021

quote:

ORIGINAL: tofudog

About Hyperdrives and Hydrogen:

When you mentioned "Science" a few posts back I immediately thought:
Why is Hydrogen even an issue? It is THE most common element in our universe (Wikipedia says it constitutes 75% of the non-baryonic mass (whatever that means) of it). Maybe substitute something else, that isn't literally MUCH more common than dirt?

Hyperdrives: One thing that I always found interesting with StarWars-Hyperdrives was that you could go faster, the more travelled your route was. They explained that with more detailed and current data on positions of hazards, so a safe jump was both faster to calculate and to execute on a well travelled run. Any chance you found a way to make that happen here?

As always I am following your work with great interest.
And just waiting to build a B-Wing bigger than a Star Destroyer :).

It is true that hydrogen is everywhere..... even inside us as water H2O. However, if I asked you to send me a flask containing pure hydrogen how would you do it? While it is everywhere you still need to separate it from other elements.... which would be expensive. On planets like Earth, there is very little Hydrogen in our atmosphere because Hydrogen is so light that it eventually escapes into space. Unless you extract Hydrogen from the water you would need to mine deep underground on planets like Earth to be able to find Hydrogen. The best place to find Hydrogen is to extract it from gas planets or stars..... gas planets in Distant Worlds.

So while Hydrogen is everywhere, getting it is not so easy.

With hyperdrive speed, this may not be possible as I would have no way to tell the mod a specific route is well travelled or not.

With the B-Wing bigger than the Star Destroyer this is a visual effect I am having good results with such as Star Destroyers close to you, some distance from you, or in the far distance.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/8/2019 5:34:01 AM >

(in reply to tofudog)
Post #: 443
Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) - 12/22/2019 2:27:48 PM   
rjord2021

Work is continuing on this mod...... however at a slower pace as I am working all the way through the xmas period and will probably only have an hour or so a day to work on these mods.

Hope everyone has a great xmas.

Roy

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 444
RE: Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta develo... - 1/14/2020 6:53:41 AM   
Tanaka

Looks very cool when do you expect release?

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 445
RE: Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta develo... - 1/29/2020 9:08:53 PM   
Jamerson901

Are planetary stations supposed to be ships like Star Destroyers and Rebel fleets in this mod?

< Message edited by Jamerson901 -- 1/29/2020 9:09:19 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 446
RE: Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta develo... - 2/12/2020 1:06:05 AM   
chaosegg

Has anyone tested this mod to see if it works in a DW:Shadows install?

I'm trying to find, at a minimum, a reasonably accurate Star Wars theme to use in my DW:Shadows
(preferably not including Star Wars content from anything plot-related that was released after The Clone Wars show.
Even better would be Star Wars content released before Ep. 1 movie-release, potentially including what is now called Star Wars Legends,
but I realize it is a long shot to expect this all to be easy to find together without considerable work/fiddling on my part.

I consider it possible I will have to create such a mod for myself using bits and pieces from all over,
but I'd really rather avoid that time-consuming tedium if possible,
so I have more time to enjoy playing the game(s) and being a family-man, man.

Modify, upgrade, build, or destroy;
in the end 'what' must follow 'why',
and if you have no answer for 'why',
then "to reduce suffering" is a good start.

(in reply to Jamerson901)
Post #: 447
RE: Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) - 4/22/2020 10:13:55 AM   
logopatico

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 448
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development) Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI