Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 3/6/2017 7:14:57 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

I see interesting discover these things about the game. If the game is close, you should know these things.

*Is there multiplayer?

*Is it cooperative?

*If it is not cooperative. Can we play the campaign against anybody playing as Germans?

*At single player, can we play operations with the Germans? or only single battles?

Just it. I know how some people say how there is not a list of features but it is not fully true, for many time I have asked about many features and we have a very good idea about the features from the game.

Thanks by your answers.
Post #: 1
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 3/6/2017 10:36:35 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

I can answer a few. Yes, it will have MP. Coop is on the wishlist, but is unlikely to be in at release (more because of the data and UI required to set it up really, and the time to test it). MP campaign is the current plan.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 2
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 3/24/2017 1:44:45 AM   
mooxe

Will MP be more than 1v1?

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 3/24/2017 2:47:02 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Not on release, though we can see what players ask for post-release. Anything beyond 1v1 has progressively smaller player-bases and likelihood of game completion in our experience.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 4
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/4/2017 2:35:56 AM   
MikeAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

Not on release, though we can see what players ask for post-release. Anything beyond 1v1 has progressively smaller player-bases and likelihood of game completion in our experience.

Hey man, 1993 called. It wants its Close Combat back.

It's so upsetting to see that we have seen so little progression in the Close Combat series since Close Combat IV (1996).

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/4/2017 9:16:13 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

It's so upsetting to see that we have seen so little progression in the Close Combat series since Close Combat IV (1996).

You are not fair because the unique relation between the first CC games and the new, it is the name and the style from gameplay. Slitherine has taken the game few years ago. Mostly, they started with the CC Panthers in the Fog and after never to see any progression or change, they added 32 bits and several new features asked by the people for years. Because all the previous teams developing the game, they were the people which they did not add any change for years.

Now, they have made a new Close Combat from the scratch. Create a new game is not easy and from my point of view, it is a great advance. One which it will put the CC games in a new element, the 3D, where they can be upgraded with new stuff and features a lot easier than before.

Now if you want see it as a regression, very well, but it is not fair and it is not true.;)

(in reply to MikeAP)
Post #: 6
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/4/2017 8:05:11 PM   
mickxe5

I'd like an AI coop mode where I can assign some/all units to objectives in the deploy phase much like CC's pre-battle orders, but the AI controls those units during battle. Im thinking specifically about the AI controlling all player tanks to better simulate the difficulties of armor-infantry coordination. It would also be interesting to have player control of just a single unit or none at all (AI vs AI). As a scenario editor option this would help with play balance since the enemy AI's weaknesses will inevitably become known and exploited

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 7
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/5/2017 2:49:11 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: mickxe5

I'd like an AI coop mode where I can assign some/all units to objectives in the deploy phase much like CC's pre-battle orders, but the AI controls those units during battle. Im thinking specifically about the AI controlling all player tanks to better simulate the difficulties of armor-infantry coordination. It would also be interesting to have player control of just a single unit or none at all (AI vs AI). As a scenario editor option this would help with play balance since the enemy AI's weaknesses will inevitably become known and exploited

Interesting ideas, and potentially a useful tool for design as you say. I will add to the already-too-long wishlist

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 8
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/5/2017 5:39:06 PM   
stoker77

quote:

You already have AI vs AI in close combat. Set the timer to none and put all units on defend. Eventually they will all wander about on their own. Vehicles will track themselves and infsntry will get wiped out in ambushes or run into enemy tanks that have tracked themselves in thick forest. Personally I think the AI is bad enough without having to watch two terrible AI teams hide in corners of the map and run across open fields. I want to play the games!! Not sure how we went from 1vs1 discussion and multiplayer to AIvsAI but its an abosutely terrible idea.

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 9
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/5/2017 8:09:35 PM   
mickxe5

quote:

ORIGINAL: stoker77
You already have AI vs AI in close combat. Set the timer to none and put all units on defend. Eventually they will all wander about on their own. Vehicles will track themselves and infsntry will get wiped out in ambushes or run into enemy tanks that have tracked themselves in thick forest.
The better current AI v AI option is to set the timer to 15 min, give your force pre-battle orders and let the battle play out. Its much more challenging than fully controlling your units vs the AI but I have still managed to win some ops/camps in this manner.
quote:

Personally I think the AI is bad enough without having to watch two terrible AI teams hide in corners of the map and run across open fields.
Your teams would only hide in corners and cross open fields if you ordered them to in the deploy phase. The CC AI, being 'bad enough', has caused me over the decades to adapt various grogs rules such as these for better solo play balance. Plus, you dont have to watch. Pour a cold one, make a sammich, wash up, then check out the results. If Im curious about what actually went down I'll watch the Bandicam recording.
quote:

I want to play the games!!
Sorry, didnt realize there was anything in my proposal that would prevent you from playing the game.
quote:

Not sure how we went from 1vs1 discussion and multiplayer to AIvsAI but its an abosutely terrible idea.
The thread topic was 'game modes'. This is single player mode confined to the deploy phase. Its a terrible idea thats been voluntarily available in CC for 20 years. I'd like to see a more robust pre-battle order system, also available to program the enemy AI in the scenario editor, with event/action triggers, segmented waypoints (eg. Move to X->Ambush Ytime->Sneak to Z etc.), secondary objectives and fall back locations. Something more akin to the far more powerful scenario editor in CC-AT.

< Message edited by mickxe5 -- 4/5/2017 8:10:13 PM >

(in reply to stoker77)
Post #: 10
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/6/2017 9:27:36 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

What you want is usually used at other games for campaigns where the AI follows a sandbox. Here. I remember Steve saying how there were Italian and British units but you can not control them. Perhaps it is the same.

About a cooperative mode were two factions, one of them controlled by the AI vs another AI. It depends from how good be the AI.

Anyways, the success from this game will come from how good be the AI. If the AI is bad, the game will be bad. The AI must be a lot better than in previous CC games. Nobody want an AI waiting your attack or an AI attacking you in a kamikaze mode. Both things would be bad.

Other point, if the AI only is good in the campaing, following a sandbox.......the AI will not be good. In fact I have seen it before and I am worried.

By these reasons, I have enough with the typical game modes from previous CC games. Just we need three things. A good AI, the map editor and full modding capabilities. Both are modding capabilities but never we had a complete map editor.

Perhaps somebody think......."I do not go to modding the game", others will make it. A before, there was not too people playing the original games, when most sucess had the CC games, it was when more mods had in the world. Probably the old days from year 2000 with CC3 were when most activity I remember with these games.

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 11
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/6/2017 7:45:58 PM   
mooxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

Hey man, 1993 called. It wants its Close Combat back.

I agree. All the "progression" we're going to see are things we've seen in other games. It's like playing catch up but it will still end up behind the times. The real progression this game needs is multiplayer. Joint missions, co-op, combined arms, team vs team.

If the game will only ever be 1v1, hopefully we see progression in the lobby system. Having a lobby hooked up to the forums GTC style is quintessentially 1993 internet.

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to MikeAP)
Post #: 12
RE: Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? - 4/6/2017 8:44:15 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

I agree. All the "progression" we're going to see are things we've seen in other games. It's like playing catch up but it will still end up behind the times. The real progression this game needs is multiplayer. Joint missions, co-op, combined arms, team vs team.

If the game will only ever be 1v1, hopefully we see progression in the lobby system. Having a lobby hooked up to the forums GTC style is quintessentially 1993 internet.

This is probably the reason because most of the franchices are not continued at time. People asking more and more without evaluate really what they are getting.

Probably by this reason, Hexagon was right one day speaking at other forum about how they should have not named to this game Close Combat. If they had named it with other name and without any relation with the previous CC games, probably we would not read all these things negative, mostly thought out without evaluate what you will get here really as a very good thing.

Continuation in time with more DLC or games, complete modding capabilities, 100% new graphics at 3D without to forget the old CC view, more improves with the past of the time.

Come on guys, you are not realistic. I see all these things and I like what I see.

In the other way, you have been so long as me or even more, you knew about the game features when I discovered them or even before but some of you continue repeating them again and again as if they should change them, now when they are finising the game. It has not sense.

You start to do not be fun.;)

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 4/6/2017 8:45:04 PM >

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Any news about game modes, multiplayer, singleplayer? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI