Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest versions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest versions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/23/2017 11:52:58 PM   
Kull

That should do it. There 11 files though, and you only listed 10 - also need wpg100.dat

(in reply to Lawless1)
Post #: 31
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/24/2017 1:05:48 AM   
Lawless1

Oops, missed that one, thanks Kull

Edit, now just have to figure out how to rename the files

Yay up and rumning

< Message edited by Lawless1 -- 6/24/2017 2:52:10 AM >

Two types of ships, targets and submarines
Death from below

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 32
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/27/2017 7:25:25 PM   
Lawless1

Having converted all the 100.dat and cmt files to the 026.dat file, I found upon playing BabesLite Scen026 that a save game would allow me to still convert my Wicks Class DD but starting a new game would not. So I reloaded the old Scen026 file. I do like the idea of additions of resources, light industries etc to various bases.

Question, not being a computer adept, I was wondering if one of the Scen100 files includes all the changes to bases on both sides, if so which one as I would like to add the additional logistic to both sides. Right now I am slowly working my way locating bases that have had added logistic added, problem is not having played as Japan, I not sure what bases have been added to when I look at the editor. So I am doing a lot of back and forth between Scen26 and Scen100 looking for the changes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Death from below

(in reply to Lawless1)
Post #: 33
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/30/2017 1:27:24 AM   
Kull

Yes, the Scen 100 changes apply to both sides.

As for situations like the non-upgradeable Wickes, one solution is to create your own modified scenario file. Open Scenario 100 using the editor, and change the upgrade option (and save it as Scen 110 if you don't want to alter the original). If you aren't sure exactly what the modified change would look like, open Scenario 1 (using the editor) and see how Wickes is treated, and then apply the same "fix" to Scen 100.

I'm currently playing a Scen 102 game, and did much the same thing. For example, the Dutch Armor unit which arrives in Bandoeng in December no longer includes the giant CD guns which make it immobile.

< Message edited by Kull -- 6/30/2017 1:28:08 AM >

(in reply to Lawless1)
Post #: 34
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/30/2017 2:24:01 AM   
Lawless1

Thanks Paul. Am still trying to figure out th editor. Is there a tutorial on it?

Not at my computer now, did not see anything saying allow conversion. Guess I have to
use the id numbers for the Wicks APD.

Still working may way around bas s looking at how and where new R, LI, wee added for both sides

Death from below

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 35
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/30/2017 3:27:44 AM   
Kull

I couldn't find an Editor Guide, but it wouldn't surprise me if one was out there somewhere. Anyway, it's pretty easy to use. From the SCEN folder, doubleclick "AE Editor.exe". When the program loads, choose "File" > "Open Scenario" and you'll get a drop down listing all of those present in the SCEN folder. For now pick Scen 001, since we're looking for the Wickes DD. click the "ship classes" button, and in the window on the left you can move down to ID 437. That's the base model (the starting DD). Worth noting that ID 727 is the Wickes APD class.

From there, I guess it all depends on what you want to do. I did find a post where there's an explanation on how make cargo ship conversions, and the principle *should* be the same:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckammp

To convert EC2 Liberty class to EC2 Xanthus:

1)From your desired scenario in the AE Editor, click "Ship Class" tab.
2)Select 2655 - EC2 Xanthus.
3)On the right of the screen, click box labeled "Convert To Class".
4)In the box to the right of the one you clicked in step 3, enter the number "375".
5)Save scenario.

When you start the scenario, you will be able to convert EC2 Liberty ships to either an AR (EC2 Xanthus) or an AP (EC2 USAT).
Note that once you upgrade the ship as an AK, you will not be able to convert to either AR or AP.

In the case of the EC2 Liberty class, it was already designed to be able to upgrade to the EC2 USAT class, so all that needed to be done was add the Bind Class value (in this case, 375) to the EC2 Xanthus class.

If you wish to add conversions to a ship class that isn't already designed to upgrade to another class, you will have to give the same Bind Class value to both the original class and the conversion class. To add a Bind Class value, simply select a 3-digit number (make sure it isn't already being used in the editor).

For the original class, check the box labeled "Convert From Class" and enter the Bind Class value in the adjacent box. For the conversion class, check the box labeled "Conversion To Class" and enter the Bind Class value in the adjacent box.

If you want to be able to convert a ship after it upgrades in it's original class, you must add the Bind Class value and check "Convert To Class" in the ship's upgrade slots.

For example, if you want the EC2 Liberty class(slot 2406) to upgrade as an AK, then convert to either AR or AP, you must go to it's upgrade(slot 2506) and enter the Bind Class value and check "Convert To Class". Also do the same for the EC2 Xanthus slots. (the EC2 USAT doesn't upgrade)

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Lawless1)
Post #: 36
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/30/2017 4:53:29 PM   
Lawless1

Much thanks, should be able to get going with what you given me

Death from below

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 37
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 8/18/2017 10:57:23 AM   
Sun Tempest

Thank you very much for help :)

this thread should be stickied!

< Message edited by Sun Tempest -- 8/18/2017 11:01:33 AM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 38
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/15/2017 7:57:09 PM   
Ekaton

Saved AndyMac's files as .exe and upon trying to open them it it tells me that the version cannot be used on a 32-bit PC. Is there any way to make them work?

This file works - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3240065 Do I need other files to make it work?

I need ten females for each male...

(in reply to Sun Tempest)
Post #: 39
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/16/2017 4:29:22 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

Saved AndyMac's files as .exe and upon trying to open them it it tells me that the version cannot be used on a 32-bit PC. Is there any way to make them work?

This file works - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3240065 Do I need other files to make it work?

What is your O/S, Win10? If so, maybe try running the exe as Admin and in Win7 compatibility mode.

Edit: I checked your link, and that's for the Ironman vs. Jap AI (Scenario 10). The attachment has 11 files, which means it's complete. As an FYI, Item #10 in Post 2 of this thread has a link to "Scenario 102" which is the 2016 version of Scenario 10. If you want to play the most recent iteration, that's the one (it too is a zip file, so no issue with exes).

< Message edited by Kull -- 11/16/2017 5:49:03 AM >

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 40
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 1/12/2018 2:48:00 PM   
Sundowners

Thanks for the work on this Kull. Definitely need a scorecard to keep up with the scenario updates and AI mods.

-Mark

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 41
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 1/15/2018 1:10:21 AM   
NigelKentarus

Is there a link to Scenario #40 (Ironman ported to Babes)? It sounds interesting.

Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 42
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 1/15/2018 5:02:17 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: NigelKentarus

Is there a link to Scenario #40 (Ironman ported to Babes)? It sounds interesting.

Edit: Scratch that previous message. Here's the link:

Scenario #40: DaBabes Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port

Edit 2:
Link and comments added as item 12 in Post #3 above

< Message edited by Kull -- 1/15/2018 5:41:04 PM >

(in reply to NigelKentarus)
Post #: 43
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 1/16/2018 10:08:21 PM   
simcityrefund

I am so confused right now is there a link where I could just get the most updated ones in one go there are so many scenario names its confusing

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 44
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 1/16/2018 10:52:32 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: simcityrefund

I am so confused right now is there a link where I could just get the most updated ones in one go there are so many scenario names its confusing

If it was easy, I wouldn't have had to create this thread! Fortunately the reality is you only need to update or add the one scenario you are interested in playing. So if you are just starting off and want to begin with "Coral Sea", just download only that one from the links in post #2. If you are ready for a long campaign, then it's probably the new Scenarios 100 or 101 from the links in Post #3.

Anything more specialized, just click each link and read through the linked thread so you can learn more about that particular variant to see if it's what you were looking for.

(in reply to simcityrefund)
Post #: 45
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 12:52:05 AM   
dwesolick

This is a great thread but I've only played stock scenarios in the past, so I have a really dumb (embarrassing actually) question: I'd like to give AndyMac's updated ironman (#102) scenario a shot but I don't see a readme or anything in the files I downloaded. Do I simply extract the files to the SCEN folder...or is it more complicated than that?
thanks!

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 46
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 1:19:32 AM   
Korvar

Were you able to get the scenario 10 data update from post #2 of this thread? When I try to open the .zip file, whatever program I try to open it with tells me the .zip is corrupted (both Windows and WinRAR show the error).

I believe you need to install the original updates to Scenario 10 using the .exe file (AEdataUpdateS10.exe) that is produced from that .zip file. Then you overwrite with the files from the v5 Nasty .zip (found in the OP of this thread) to get the fully updated version.

Let me know if you need a copy of the AEdataUpdateS10.exe file. I have a copy, but its size is too large to attach directly on the forums. I can host it elsewhere, but I don't want to do that until I know you don't already have a copy.

Edit: Also, yes, you extract all files into the /SCEN subdirectory of the WitP:AE directory. You must add the /SCEN to the .exe install path as they default to the WitP:AE directory.

< Message edited by Korvar -- 3/25/2018 1:26:53 AM >

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 47
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 2:27:01 AM   
dwesolick

Thanks for the quick response! I was able to download and install the scen 10 update. When I download the #102 update, I keep getting a message saying "this app can't run on your pc" along with various other warnings. Not sure what to do.
The v5 you linked to was posted in 2012, the #102 in 2016, isn't #102 the latest or am I wrong?

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 48
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 3:01:41 AM   
Korvar

Yes, you are correct... the latest for Scenario #102 is from 3/2016 and is found in this thread. Also, the trouble I was having with the AI updates was I wasn't renaming them to .EXE files. I've been a bit under the weather today and my thinking isn't 100% clear. Apologies for the confusion.

So first install the older AEdataUpdateS10.exe file (the one that needs to be renamed to an .exe file & which contains the AI updates) to the /SCEN folder, then extract the "IronmanTe..en102.zip" file from the 3/2016 thread linked above into the /SCEN folder. Overwrite the older files when it prompts to do so.

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 49
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 3:17:58 AM   
Kull

Just to clarify, the AI files are unique to every individual scenario, and you do not need, for example, to install scenario 10 in order to run scenario 102. That scenario is also a true zip (not a renamed exe), so you only need to download it and then dump the contents - 11 files - into the SCEN folder. From there, start up a new game, click "Scenario Selection", and then page down to "102 New Ironman tier 1", click "Select Scenario", and then "Start Game" from the next page.

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 50
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 3:18:22 AM   
dwesolick

Thanks Korvar. I was saving the #102 file as exe rather than zip
Followed your instructions and all seemed to go well. Scenario is in slot 102 and it started up fine. One other quick question, I'm currently on the latest official update, should I download the latest beta before starting one of these mod scenarios?

thanks again!

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 51
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 3:20:45 AM   
dwesolick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Just to clarify, the AI files are unique to every individual scenario, and you do not need, for example, to install scenario 10 in order to run scenario 102. That scenario is also a true zip (not a renamed exe), so you only need to download it and then dump the contents - 11 files - into the SCEN folder. From there, start up a new game, click "Scenario Selection", and then page down to "102 New Ironman tier 1", click "Select Scenario", and then "Start Game" from the next page.

Thank you Kull, and thanks especially for this excellent thread!

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 52
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 3:26:22 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwesolick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Thank you Kull, and thanks especially for this excellent thread!

My pleasure. And yes, you DEFINITELY want to use the latest "beta". WitP-AE betas are completely stable and not buggy in the slightest.

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 53
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 3/25/2018 3:52:02 AM   
Korvar

Yes, thanks Kull! You provided clarity where my foggy brain failed today.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 54
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 10/17/2018 1:20:00 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: US87891

Hello Kull. Fyi.

The differences between the standard and extended maps are de minimis so far as the AI is concerned. What works for standard will work for extended. So …

Any and all AI files for regular GC scenarios work unconditionally, playing either side, with any and all Babes Lite scenarios, no matter the map.

Any and all AI files for regular GC scenarios work unconditionally, playing against the Japanese computer, with any and all DBB scenarios, no matter the map.

Any and all AI files for regular GC scenarios work “kinda ok enough”, playing against the Allied computer, with any and all DBB scenarios, no matter the map.

For Andy’s Ironman AI files, it depends on how much he changed unit slot positions in the corresponding scenario data files. If he didn’t change slot positions much, but just added “more stuff”, those AI files will work just fine with all Babes as described above. If he did change slot positions a lot, as well as adding more stuff, it will show as “kinda ok enough”.

Matt

Even though Andy Mac said this about his Scen 100-101 AI?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

ps not Extended Map standard map only at present

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 55
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 10/17/2018 4:51:06 AM   
Yaab

He meant AI scripts for the handful of the new small bases that are present in the extended map. The lack of scripts really doesn't affect the AI global performance on the extended map.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 56
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 10/30/2018 5:51:20 PM   
madflava13

Will these updates work for games already in progress, or do they need to be made prior to starting a new game to take effect?

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 57
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 10/31/2018 1:53:18 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: madflava13

Will these updates work for games already in progress, or do they need to be made prior to starting a new game to take effect?

Prior to a campaign.

(in reply to madflava13)
Post #: 58
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/24/2018 11:02:11 AM   
warspite1

Thanks for this excellent thread Kull (and to Quixote too). Unfortunately I can't download the Scenarios. I was using Chrome with no luck. I then saw this thread and changed to IE. This allowed me to change the name from .zip to .exe but it still won't let me change the file type to ALL FILES as this is greyed out and stubbornly remains as zipped. Has anyone got any suggestions please?

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/24/2018 11:15:41 AM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 59
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/24/2018 1:06:37 PM   
Zorch

Would using Firefox help the download? For unzipping try 7-zip.org. It's free.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest versions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI