Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 3/28/2017 12:56:11 PM   
Hortlund

Here you can hang out and trashtalk eachother.

OKH, the turn is in the dropbox.

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
Post #: 1
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 3/28/2017 1:25:28 PM   
Stelteck

Did soviet union surrended yet or there will be one or two turn more ?

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 3/28/2017 1:30:24 PM >

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 2
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 3/28/2017 1:27:25 PM   
Sardaukar

We have strangled those nazis in crib, thus rodina will win.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 3
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 3/28/2017 1:36:22 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund
OKH, the turn is in the dropbox.

Is that the Soviet turn 1 end/ Start Axis turn 2? If so I cannot see it in dropbox?

Edit It just arrived!

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 3/28/2017 1:38:27 PM >

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 4
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 3/28/2017 9:40:22 PM   
Telemecus

Russian aggression knows no bounds. Not content with invading Germany on the 18th of June, and inspite of facing the German led counter invasion, what do the Soviets do? Bomb a completely neutral country Finland - again! [hex74,9!] (The rumours of a secret pact with Finland were are all lies!)

I guess Finland will be joining our invasion in a couple of weeks.

Whatever will they do next? Invade another neutral neighbour? Who is left - Persia?

When the Soviets surrender the international community will thank us! (cue for some more ranting!)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Just need to lower the forefinger a little

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 3/28/2017 9:52:15 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 3/28/2017 9:48:41 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Yeah, sorry because of bombing of the Finns, I was too curious whether this is possible. Already reported this in the Tech support...

The Germans are always lying (ask me, I am one ).
Your propaganda minister Josef Goebbels is the worst of all.

Your army will be pushed back by our conterattacks and our way to Berlin, we will bring the countries we have to go through (hungary, poland, slovakia etc.) the bolshevism they desire so much.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 6
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 3/28/2017 10:00:41 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

Yeah, sorry because of bombing of the Finns, I was too curious whether this is possible. Already reported this in the Tech support...

The Germans are always lying (ask me, I am one ).

My agents in Helsinki intercepted your communication and told me days ago!

[Soviets did bomb Hungary first, albeit by mistake. And in Halders war diaries he said Finland was bombed after 22June but before Finland started hostilities. So historically ....]

According to profiles etc we have an Axis team (Brit, French, Pole, Canadian) against Soviets (Germans, Finns) - so complete role reversal!

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 7
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/2/2017 5:22:10 PM   
Telemecus

Axis end of turn 2 file in dropbox.

It is in the password save format .psv - Soviet end of turn 2 can be sent in formats .psv, .surrender, .whiteflag, or .capitulate

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/8/2017 10:23:03 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

The words surrender, whiteflag and capitulate are completely banned in the Red Army, whoever uses them, be it spoken or written, gets a new job in a coal mine in siberia (the costs for travel in the tenth class+protection by NKVD guards will be overtaken by the Soviet government).

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 9
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/8/2017 5:12:55 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

The words surrender, whiteflag and capitulate are completely banned in the Red Army, whoever uses them, be it spoken or written,

Defections are sent by ICQ, so you will never know

How are the Soviet team doīng?

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 4/8/2017 5:24:10 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/8/2017 9:12:36 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Damned. I have already sent a NKVD regiment to Leningrad to bring me some scientist which will find out what this mysterious ICQ is and how to use it :D

The Soviet high command has given his orders, but so far only the Northern command has done his turn. Today I have tried to contact the other commanders but so far no reply. Really if you bomb our communication network you must not be surprised if doing the turns takes some time....

Some comments on my part of the fronts (Leningra area): I have played only one PbeM Road to Leningrad against against a newbie German so far, so I had no real experience what the Germans can do. My goal was to making a deep push as expensive as possible MP wise. Unluckily, the Panzerkorps surrounded my defenses from the south where I had a weakspot-lesson learned.
But at least the Germans did not cross the river at Pskov, which will be sold as a minor victory to the STAVKA.

< Message edited by EwaldvonKleist -- 4/8/2017 9:21:32 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 11
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/9/2017 12:20:09 PM   
Telemecus

I think lowsugar said he has not done many versus human games and described his opening moves as Sluggish -to which I ask what would the non-Sluggish moves be like!!! The problem with team play is you do not see the intermediate steps, but now that we finished the turn I suppose I can get your turn end file and fly some recon to see what the positions were? I find the 1941 Soviet play style deeply frustrating. What you call a weak spot was probably just the calculated risk and sacrifice instead of something worse.

Historically Soviet command was paralysed then. The only high order commands were about going on the attack. So we could play turn 2 historically by your taking no more moves and handing us back the file to pocket more of your army

Sardaukar's profile says they have been online so I assume on the case. Soviets is a more difficult proposition in 1941, and more so as a team game. Axis difficulties are co-ordinating land and air. Soviet difficulties are... well everything! The offer of our team protocol is still there and I would like to incorporate Soviet experience into it.

Post #: 12
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/9/2017 12:38:08 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

I think lowsugars opening moves are fine, he took Riga and crossed the river south of Riga with a fair number of mobile divisions which are difficult to contain. As you say I had to take some calculated risk but I could have placed 1-2 units better to make life a little little bit harder.

Did I understand you right that you would like to have our (respectively mine) turn end file of turn 1? Not sure whether Hortlund will allow this, and giving information to the enemy can end your career/life immediately in the workers paradise.

Taking no more moves before we send the turn is not the historical way. First we have to attack everything in reach with our army, no matter the odds.

I would be very interested in your team protocoll, if only to find out where I can use the C&C difficulties between the Army Groups

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 13
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/9/2017 1:00:20 PM   
Telemecus

By turn end file I meant after you hit turn end and then the logistics phase. So I can see it with our password, but before any of our short range recon or combat. Our turn start. I also have the file after lowsugar has done his combats. But it means, as Supreme Commander, I never see the latest view of the Soviet front line just before combats. So some of the granular detail of ground operations is invisible to the Supreme Commander.

I posted the latest version of our protocol in our AAR. Rather than double posting I would like to invite you to our AAR temporarily. Give a delay just in case Stelteck, Timmeh, and lowsugar can see anything incriminating, and delete all those nasty comments we were making about you I have not started posting analysis or secret screenshots so it should be OK.
It is just the minimum to make team co-ordination work. Anything else, like playing historically, is an overlay on top of that. It is meant to be generalisable to any WitE team game or side - and I can already see it needs more when SU automatic assignment is working.

Post #: 14
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/9/2017 1:38:27 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

E-Mail sent.
Thanks for the invitation, I will look at your thread in a few hours.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 15
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/10/2017 5:28:09 PM   
Telemecus

The Abwehr strikes again

ref:Air defense of Berlin in June 1941

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 4/10/2017 6:34:27 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/11/2017 12:14:40 PM   
Telemecus

As the Soviet delegation did not agree to our surrender terms, we will have to close our AAR to Soviet visits.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 17
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/12/2017 1:37:57 PM   
Hortlund

Turn is in the dropbox now for the germans

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 18
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/12/2017 1:43:16 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

The Abwehr strikes again

ref:Air defense of Berlin in June 1941

Sheer coincidence, why should Soviets hit Berlin proletarians who are suppressed by the Nazis?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 19
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/12/2017 3:50:05 PM   
Telemecus

What you are not surrendering? Oh well gluttons for punishment!

I guess we return from the shadowy world of forums espionage back to the real action.

lowsugar,
Not at a PC at the moment but will get back and do my thing. Hopefully with you tonight but otherwise definitely tomorrow (European time).

Post #: 20
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/13/2017 8:04:11 PM   
Telemecus

We may be covering Timmeh's turn with a three player team again this turn. Timmeh has not been in contact for a while. I know Timmeh wanted to be replaced so we will keep looking for other recruits. Hopefully Timmeh will come back soon and I hope nothing bad in real life has happened. If anyone has contact give him a heads up and let us know he is OK.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 21
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/14/2017 5:18:26 PM   
Telemecus

Axis end of turn 3 in drop box

A round of applause to Stelteck for covering while Timmeh is away.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 22
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/23/2017 4:10:52 PM   
Telemecus

Last Turn: Guderian demands a court martial of Timmeh for stealing his units.
This Turn: Goering demands a court martial of Stelteck for stealing his air units out of the National Air Reserve!
Next Turn: Raeder demands a court martial of lowsugar for taking over the navy and ordering the u-boats to Lake Pskow.

I wonder if Panzerjaeger Hortlund has such insubordinate commanders?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 23
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/23/2017 4:27:20 PM   
Hortlund

You have no idea! One of my front commanders used the airforce without permission. He is now on his way to Siberia.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 24
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/23/2017 6:21:44 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

I had given the Air Force my colour and everything which has it is mine by default. You should be careful that I don't give the STAVKA my colour.
I even caused major foreign policy problems because I bombed the Fins with the airforce. Luckily Molotov was able to calm down the finnish gouvernement. If they had declared war in revenge, I would have been really sent to the GULAG...

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 25
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/27/2017 12:20:44 PM   
Hortlund

Soviet T3 is done and is in the dropbox

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 26
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/27/2017 12:46:01 PM   
Telemecus

Still no surrender? You will be responsible for the many Soviets who will die - oh no I said Stelteck's trigger word!

Stelteck - I will look at the file tonight when I get home and give you an approximate time when it will be with you.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 27
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/27/2017 12:59:30 PM   
Stelteck

Waiting to see another turn of victories.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 28
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/28/2017 1:34:02 PM   
Telemecus

Does the guy in the bottom middle look like he has been taking more than alcohol?

Well now it is still Stelteck's turn he will be getting these guys out of the bar room and into the field.

And now Finland joins the international coalition counter-invading the Soviet Union.

quote:

I bombed the Fins with the airforce. Luckily Molotov was able to calm down the finnish gouvernement. If they had declared war in revenge,

uh oh!

quote:

I would have been really sent to the GULAG...

Feeling chilly?

However the Soviet Union is not all bad - they do give their gulag inmates a choice of colours for the cell walls - grey, grey or grey. On a Mayday, if they feel particularly generous, RED.

They will also provide you with reading material to wile away those long winter nights.

In a press release Generaloberst Ewald von Kleist, leader of the first panzer group said
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ewald von Kleist
We welcome our Finnish cousins and will embrace them closer and closer ... even when they do not want us to anymore. Our counter invasion is right and just. The Soviets have taken our lands, destroyed our culture and even stolen our names. When my panzers finish conquering southern Russia, my lawyers will pursue EwaldvonKleist for what is a blatant case of copyright infringement"

So if EwaldvonKleist was not in enough trouble, he faces the prospect of being pursued by the even more diabolical duo of copyright lawyers and some very angry Finns!

The Axis team are looking for one more commander. It is a much lower commitment than going solo. A great way for a beginner to do their first PBEM game. And if you are an old hand come and show us your stuff. If you would like to join our team do post on the sign up thread or here, or feel free to message me

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 4/28/2017 2:23:15 PM >

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 29
RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 4/28/2017 2:43:53 PM   
Sardaukar

Well...this angry Finn already stole STAVKA's assets... :D Stalin was not hapy...

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI